Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war
    #963349 - 10/15/02 02:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Just spreading the word. There will also be one in San Fran on the same day. Is anyone going? I am. We are getting into a war that we will regret. See you there

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war [Re: Buddha5254]
    #963534 - 10/15/02 04:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Don't forget to smile for the homeland security cameras...

Oh, and say 'hi' to the Stasi operatives for me - it's a New World Order.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
Re: DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war [Re: Buddha5254]
    #963562 - 10/15/02 04:24 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hopefully the sniper will be there.

Anonymous

Re: DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war [Re: superpimp]
    #963568 - 10/15/02 04:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

superpimp you fucking suck. what a vile thing to say. jesus people have the right to express their opinions about the nation's follies without getting shot. Attack Iraq? No!

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Re: DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war [Re: ]
    #963627 - 10/15/02 04:50 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I just figured that he would feel at home at the protest, since he would be surrounded by so many other kooks.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war [Re: Evolving]
    #963879 - 10/15/02 06:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Don't forget to smile for the homeland security cameras...

'tis true, they will be taking as many digital pics of protesters as they can, and storing them in massive databases labelled "Potential Trouble Makers"

Anonymous

#963899 - 10/15/02 06:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

So what you're saying is that people who don't believe in war are mentally disabled?

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Re: DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war [Re: ]
    #963952 - 10/15/02 06:53 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I just have no use for these people who are endlessly willing to stick their heads in the sand and expect bad people to just go away. The real world doesn't work like that. The meek shall inherit nothing, they will be beaten down by people who want to take what the meek have. But the meek and weak kneed(and weak minded) are never willing to accept this reality, no matter how many times it is shown to them. So the strong go offf to fight to protect what is yours, and you sit at home and raise your fist in the air to show how more morale and high minded you are. Quite frankly, the whole hippy dippy gutless fuck act has worn thin on most people, but you guys never seem willing to accept that either.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #963963 - 10/15/02 06:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!

*sniff, sniff* Does anyone else detect the unmistakeable odor of a veritable shitstorm of flames about to descend?

pinky

--------------------

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Re: DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war [Re: Phred]
    #964155 - 10/15/02 08:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, I know. It will be the typical nonsense, and it will be ignored the way it always is.

Anonymous

#965087 - 10/16/02 02:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

there are 3 sides to every story... ur side... my side... and then there is the truth...

this war is being managed by the same people who help remove 7 trillion dollars from the markets over the last 2 + years...  enron is more then just an accounting scandal... we're still using fossil fuels when back in the 70's i sat in line on odd even day lines for gas... talk about national security??? if they were really interested in national security they would have taken steps to implement technologies that produce condensation as a byproduct of the process in return for providing heat and electricity...  chevron named an oil tanker after their poster child condoleza rice(although  i wouldn't mind spending time talking with her) ... hmmmmm ....

we created saddam by allowing our elected officials to give him the weapon systems we are on him for ... and rightfully so ..  he has to be disarmed... but, we have to insure that policy will not be followed that  gives anyone anymore weapons... turkey and pakistan will lob nuclear bombs at each other given the chance... why do these countries have nuclear bombs? china will invade taiwan as a preemptive measure... congress and the senate just gave the president full authority to act on our behalf regarding any war declaration ... dangerous precedents are being set....

as i said... we have to do something.... but i worry that once we attack him we will be attacked at home as well as on the battlefield.... i believe we have the toughest military the world has ever seen from a technology standpoint. but this administration is aware of the domestic attack possibilities we worry about some asswipe shooting at us as we load our cars with things we just bought. are we ready for war in our neighborhoods?

i have no fear really...i understand the nature of this fight and i'm prepared for the worst.. i heard some ridiculous numbers given regarding missing tactical weapons missing from russia's arsenal... the numbers were from between 75 and 200... 1 missing is bad news... biological is another issue... in one sense i oppse arresting middle eastern men who are us citizens... but on the other hand i don't want family , friends and neighbors killed... we're going to war... just understand that this will be painful...

i believe both parties have failed us on many levels... and unless we take our heads out of our asses and begin to hold them accountable we may loose our freedoms eventually... my grandfather died on a beach in france somewhere along side hundreds of his friends one day... and the ideals he died for are not understood by the scumsuckers who jocky for votes constantly ... i listen to almost all of and caught a good portion of the house and senate vote for war power transfer... dems who voted yes did so because they are up for re election in area's heavilly won by bush.... and republicans voted no in area's where bush ran weak.... check it for yourself... every fucking one of them...

if war breaks out, i would like the right to carry a sidearm... i'll be responsible for me... in israel everyone who served in the military carries their issued sidearm... i'm glad they do that ... their people live in fear there... but, a majority want a peaceful ending... i was told by a friend that odds were arafat and sharon may share family blood through dna testing... these people came from the same tribe years ago... one group began believing this... the other eventually began to believe that (religious faith) the dividing line between powers that exist was created...i hate u because i believe my concept of god is correct and yours isn't ... thats the bullshit people in power have used throughout history to get us to hate one another... when in reality it really boiled down to a group of greedy men trying to screw another group of greedy men... in order to have momentum behind a movement, u need to build consensus. this administration is said to be spending more money on PR firms to understand what u are thinking ... and if it isn't what is needed for consensus... your mind is massaged whatever way is needed...

we enjoy this hobby because we can think for ourselves.... and understand (hopefully) what it is we're working with and nurturing.. it opens my mind to possbilities... i heard that better then 95% of the worlds population would want to work toward peace... that means only 5 percent want war... i say lets drop them all off on an accomodating island somewhere give them all the same guns and knives ("saving privateryan"  that hand to hand scene where 2 men fought for control of a knife that was used to kill 1 of them blew me away)... it blew me away... whoever is left is given a door prize and then told the rest of us would like them to chill out... too simple

alright ... if we go to war... we make sure that noone working for us in the house and senate passes legislation that will jeopordize or hurt the american people in anyway.. and try to insure whatever legislation that is passed doesn't hurt others... get technology into gear. change the path we're on.... 

there's more... buit i've rambled enough... i did'nt post to flame anyone... peace

Georgie Porgie

Anni :wink:   

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #965295 - 10/16/02 04:26 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

****.............Quite frankly, the whole hippy dippy gutless fuck act has worn thin on most people, but you guys never seem willing to accept that either.****

wow pimp i didn't know you had that in ya...i agree...

Kumbia my lord, kumbia....kumbia my lord...*BAM*!!!!!............

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
    #965697 - 10/16/02 11:03 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Are you in the military now and preparing to go over to Iraq?? If not, shut up. I am tired of all the people who want war as long as THEY don't have to actually do the fighting. A warmonger who isn't in the service is a hypocrite and an idiot.
This isn't a flame. It is truth. When you are unarmed facing 300 police officers and guardsmen armed with clubs and mace and you stand your ground peacefully, then come back and talk about how gutless others are.

--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war [Re: postalboy]
    #965722 - 10/16/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

****Are you in the military now and preparing to go over to Iraq?? If not, shut up. ****

so only those presently in the military can express their opinion?....are you in the military now? if not then heed your advice...just a thought

****When you are unarmed facing 300 police officers and guardsmen armed with clubs and mace and you stand your ground peacefully****

when did this happen?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #965730 - 10/16/02 11:30 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Pimp...your post left me speechless, which is no easy task. I have rarely seen such ignorance condensed into one post...you are obviously the one with his head in the sand, eating up whatever GW feeds you, and then asking for more. I do agree with you on the fact that we need to make bad people go away...unfortunately GW is at the top of the worlds "bad people" list right now...not Saddam.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (10/16/02 11:33 AM)

Anonymous

#965940 - 10/16/02 01:12 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Dude it's not that I am a pussy, etc. I simply don't believe in war on moral grounds. I think we have not exhausted all of our possibilities for peaceful resolution to this problem in Iraq. I do not want to kill people because I believe in nonviolence. This war isn't about terrorism; that's just a cover. It's about OIL.

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Re: DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war [Re: postalboy]
    #966022 - 10/16/02 01:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I was in the Navy for 6 years, and now I wish I was still in. I would like nothing better than to go over there and do my share. I'd much rather be part of the action than watching it on tv.
If Rono hates my opinions I know I must be right.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#966043 - 10/16/02 01:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

If Rono hates my opinions I know I must be right.

Ah..I see...is that because you've provided so much information to contradict anything I've said? And for the record before you call me a "hippy" or whatever, let me remind you I have also served in the Military, and would do so again if I felt that Canada was being threatened. But anyone who seriously thinks that Iraq is any more of a threat to the U.S. than any other country is ignorant to the issue at hand.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war [Re: Rono]
    #966075 - 10/16/02 02:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

C'mon Rono, Iraqi troops are amassing on the U.S. border as we type. Saddam Hussein's Islamic Fundamentalist regime has promised a jihad against all western civilization and vows to replace all secular regimes... right?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war [Re: Evolving]
    #966088 - 10/16/02 02:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If the U.S. was threatening to invade your country, would it not make sense to defend yourself? Ask yourself this...who is the instigator here?

--------------------

Edited by Rono (10/16/02 02:07 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order