Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineArthurSalenez
Golden Block Of Bud
 User Gallery

Psilocybin impairs memory?
    #9519975 - 12/30/08 07:04 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/hallucinogens.html

Do they mean like in marijuana or alcohol impaired memory?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Psilocybin impairs memory? [Re: ArthurSalenez]
    #9520000 - 12/30/08 07:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

What do you mean? Have you not tripped before? They can cause you to lose all memory, completely. You can have no idea what/who you are. They can also improve your memory. It all depends.

OfflineCalix
Seek, Kill, Destroy

#9520006 - 12/30/08 07:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

My personal experience with drugs is that pretty much everything any government institution has told me is bullshit. Yes drugs can be bad im not trying to condone going to any extremes but according to their science I should have died hundreds of times and should pretty much be a crippled retard by now.

The brain is like a muscle dont use it and it will atrophy, its not the drugs that turn people into fuck  ups thats just a cop out for people not mature enough to take responsibility for their problems.

--------------------
"Im too drunk to taste this chicken"

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: Psilocybin impairs memory? [Re: Calix]
    #9520015 - 12/30/08 07:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

We all know that mushrooms and acid melt brains and deface chromosomes. Memory issues shouldn't be surprising.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9520021 - 12/30/08 07:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, I didn't actually read it before. I think it could impair your memory if it was a really traumatic experience and caused you to blank that memory out.

It has also made me... I dunno, I can't really say forget things. But often when I'm tripping it's like memories get relocated, particularly of things that happened during the trip. What I mean by that is like, it's not always a steady stream, I could very vividly remember making a bowl of soup, but have no idea that I did that 5 minutes ago, I could just wonder for awhile thinking it was weeks ago or something. And That's different from time dilation, it's just that I forgot that I just made soup.

I don't know about long term effects though, I mean I only forget what happened during the trip. I can't see them impairing your brain permanently. If that's the case then it's just bs, don't worry about it and dose up. :thumbup:

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9520026 - 12/30/08 07:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

They probably just mean that your memory is impaired while you're under the influence of a hallucinogen.

--------------------
Absent.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9520028 - 12/30/08 07:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybin. Mushrooms containing psilocybin are available fresh or dried and are typically taken orally. The active psilocin (4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine) and psilocybin (4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine) cannot be inactivated by cooking or freezing preparations. Thus, they may also be brewed as a tea or added to other foods to mask their bitter flavor. The effects of psilocybin, which appear within 20 minutes of ingestion, last approximately 6 hours.

added to other foods to mask their bitter flavor

I stopped reading right there.
Shrooms are not bitter.

:sorry:

FAIL

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineCalix
Seek, Kill, Destroy

Re: Psilocybin impairs memory? [Re: krypto2000]
    #9520047 - 12/30/08 07:24 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Oh, I didn't actually read it before. I think it could impair your memory if it was a really traumatic experience and caused you to blank that memory out.

It has also made me... I dunno, I can't really say forget things. But often when I'm tripping it's like memories get relocated, particularly of things that happened during the trip. What I mean by that is like, it's not always a steady stream, I could very vividly remember making a bowl of soup, but have no idea that I did that 5 minutes ago, I could just wonder for awhile thinking it was weeks ago or something. And That's different from time dilation, it's just that I forgot that I just made soup.

I don't know about long term effects though, I mean I only forget what happened during the trip. I can't see them impairing your brain permanently. If that's the case then it's just bs, don't worry about it and dose up. :thumbup:

You brain is programmed to forget pain, its a survival instinct we developed living in caves and extreme conditions.

The only thing I have experience with that literally erases your memory is xanax.

--------------------
"Im too drunk to taste this chicken"

OfflineArthurSalenez
Golden Block Of Bud
 User Gallery

#9520070 - 12/30/08 07:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
What do you mean? Have you not tripped before? They can cause you to lose all memory, completely. You can have no idea what/who you are. They can also improve your memory. It all depends.

I'd rather read other people's opinions to see what's up.

I do from time to time get a little fuzzed from the shrooms.

Edited by ArthurSalenez (12/30/08 07:30 PM)

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
Re: Psilocybin impairs memory? [Re: Plasmid]
    #9520075 - 12/30/08 07:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

NIDA said:
Psilocybin. The active compounds in “magic” mushrooms have LSD-like properties and produce alterations of autonomic function, motor reflexes, behavior, and perception.3 The psychological consequences of psilocybin use include hallucinations, an altered perception of time, and an inability to discern fantasy from reality. Panic reactions and psychosis also may occur, particularly if a user ingests a large dose. Long-term effects such as flashbacks, risk of psychiatric illness, impaired memory, and tolerance have all been described in case reports.

OH NOES! Not tolerance!

why the fuck are you getting drug facts from a government website? according to the DEAs website, 1.2g of cocaine is a lethal dose for somebody my size. i've done 3x that much in one night, and i had a bloody nose and a horrible comedown, but i'm fine. and that shit came right out of a kilo that was wrapped in greenish brown packaging from Columbia.

OfflineArthurSalenez
Golden Block Of Bud
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin impairs memory? [Re: uber_aj]
    #9520086 - 12/30/08 07:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

uber_aj said:
Quote:

NIDA said:
Psilocybin. The active compounds in “magic” mushrooms have LSD-like properties and produce alterations of autonomic function, motor reflexes, behavior, and perception.3 The psychological consequences of psilocybin use include hallucinations, an altered perception of time, and an inability to discern fantasy from reality. Panic reactions and psychosis also may occur, particularly if a user ingests a large dose. Long-term effects such as flashbacks, risk of psychiatric illness, impaired memory, and tolerance have all been described in case reports.

OH NOES! Not tolerance!

why the fuck are you getting drug facts from a government website? according to the DEAs website, 1.2g of cocaine is a lethal dose for somebody my size. i've done 3x that much in one night, and i had a bloody nose and a horrible comedown, but i'm fine. and that shit came right out of a kilo that was wrapped in greenish brown packaging from Columbia.

Damn? 3.2 grams of coke all at once? Pretty hard to believe man, considering that I can barely do a 20 with a friend when we finish the bag in 20 minutes. Unless you were taking periods during 20s, that I can believe.

Edited by ArthurSalenez (12/30/08 07:33 PM)

OfflineJusListen
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: HERE
    #9520133 - 12/30/08 07:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
They can also improve your memory. It all depends.

:rockon:

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
    #9520222 - 12/30/08 07:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

not all at once as in one giant rail obviously, but from about midnight til 4 or 5 am, i did all of an eight ball i got shorted on. that was in Houston with a bunch of gangstas though, i would never do that again. i'll admit i was a tad worried about ODing, but i drank a lot of red wine and was fine.

i dont fuck with that shit at all anymore. i'd never had a gun in my face before i started doing coke, and i've never had another since i quit. the last time i did it i spread a gram over two nights and controlled it completely, but i still don't trust anybody else who might do it with me.

the point here was the government is full of shit when it comes to drugs. i've tripped an awful lot, i hear people tell me they cant believe how good my memory is all the time. :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate