Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
Psilocybin Propaganda
    #4011043 - 04/03/05 11:49 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

I've posted a similar post before, got no replies ... so I thought I'd post a continuation on my little propaganda story.

About two months back, I've written a little paper to legalize psilocybin, a paper that does not have any complex terms that a non-hallucinogen exposed person would not understand, a paper that identifies with pretty much everyone, and a paper that I would hope would make people think different of mushrooms. About half a month later, I revised it, printed out several dozen copies and walked around the school with a binder full, giving it to people that I thought were brainwashed by the Anti Drug Administration, and rationally explained why their views were wrong. I gave it to several select teachers that I knew would not report me to the authorities, and surprisingly had a positive outcome on the experience, changing views of many and overall making a positive change.

You know those drug surveys that schools have that show that as far as psychedelics go, high school seniors only show about 2% intake? Well, I rounded it up to about 20%, bouncing hallucinogen records, changing kids for the better, shunning them away from trash like coke and ecstacy, introducing them to something beneficial and harmless.

If anyone is interested in spreading the truth around any public institutions that you commune in, feel free to take this, print it out, throw it around anywhere you go.

Feel free to make suggestions to changes, and here's the paper itself:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Legalize Psychedelic Mushrooms (/i.e. Psilocybin)

?This drug is not associated with physical or psychological dependency, acute toxicity is largely limited to possible panic and anxiety attacks and, in terms of chronic toxicity, the worst that can happen are flashbacks. Consequently, the use of paddos (hallucinogenic mushrooms) does not, on balance, present any risk to the health of the individual.?

- Coordination Centre for the Assessment and Monitoring of new drugs, in summary of explanation of paddos (psilocybin and psilocin) side effects.

Mushrooms are a wonder drug. They make you, and everything you do, in short, better. Colors are more powerful, vivid, food tastes much better, every trip you take is a profound learning experience, teaching you to appreciate, and think about things you forget about on a daily basis. A mushroom high is not like an acid high in any way except for a hallucinogenic tie holding them together. It lasts about 2-5 hours, much like an alcohol high, only without a crash and/or down. Unlike highers (cocaine and the like) or opiates/heroin or even booze, there is no down to the high. Eventually, you just deduce to your normal self. There is no addiction whatsoever. While the feeling is euphoric, one would not desire to take mushrooms just to come back to a normal self ?high?.
Why are they illegal? They do not hurt society, do not hurt the users, and the only after-effect that stays on the brain is illumination of the mind, and expansion of one?s views. To put this in basic terms, a psilocybin high makes, taken by someone who has knowledge to dispense to begin with, smarter, and overall a better person (for details research the Concord Prison Psilocybin Rehabilitation Project, where Timothy Leary gave Psilocybin to 32 inmates and concluded with a 25% prison return rate compared to the average 80%).
If alcohol can be accepted by everyone in the United States of America, including the police force, legislators, members of senate and even our president, why can a drug that does not cause any health risks, but has positive after-effects, be legal? If there are no negative after-effects, no addiction, and no problems it causes to society, why can?t it be legislated?
Timothy Leary once proposed to grant licenses to those who want to ?get high? on psychedelics, a test to make you a responsible drug user. I believe everyone should be required to pass a test to get a license for every single drug, including alcohol, before they can legally get high or legally drink, even if they are of age. These tests would compose of several questions about psilocybin, such as the lasting of the experience, the dangers that one would have to take account in if one is ignorant of the effects of the psychedelic, frequency of how often one could trip, and amount taken over periods of time (which would be regulated with a prescription type process). Psilocybin will be manufactured by only licensed producers who will be frequently checked by safety regulators. Growing without a license will be illegal, which will reduce the only deaths recorded on the drug ? poison from eating the wrong non-Psilocybe strain mushroom. While Leary was right about licenses, he was his own worst enemy in a sense that he symbolized rebellion against the government, and peaceful protests against the law are to this day are seen as Anti-American. Why should a positive substance be rejected hence of uninformity of the population, due to deception by the Anti-Drug Administration?
The charges right now for possession of psilocybin fungi are extremely high, as psilocybin is a schedule one chemical, if one is charged with possession the ruling may range from fines to (up to 7 years) jail/prison time. I am not saying everyone should use Psilocybin Mushrooms, but there are a few million in the country who have their lives destroyed by the consequences psilocybin possession, who are not criminals but regular members of society that build communities, not destroy them. Loss of job/college opportunity due to bad record would only resort to more crime, and consequences of black market improper mushroom cultivation would immediately stop if only the drug were made legal. This is a wonder drug, a magic mushroom, that has infinite positive effects on the user without any negative risks to his/her health, and I believe this nation needs to teach each other about it?s potential power and use it wisely.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you plan to print this out, I suggest using the word file, with rich text and propler underlinings and such: http://www.rivend.com/shroom/MagicMushrooms2.doc

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

Edited by Fospher (04/03/05 11:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemianfei
Mr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Victoria, Australia Flag
Re: Psilocybin Propaganda [Re: Fospher]
    #12629471 - 05/25/10 11:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Why are they illegal? They do not hurt society, do not hurt the users, and the only after-effect that stays on the brain is illumination of the mind, and expansion of one?s views. To put this in basic terms, a psilocybin high makes, taken by someone who has knowledge to dispense to begin with, smarter, and overall a better person (for details research the Concord Prison Psilocybin Rehabilitation Project, where Timothy Leary gave Psilocybin to 32 inmates and concluded with a 25% prison return rate compared to the average 80%).

As a reader for many years of “anti-government” political groups across the spectrum - whose views on drug decriminalisation tend to be much more alike than their views on most other topics - I have since reading Rod Dreher’s article from the thirteenth of April this year, Psychedelic Medicine on the Rise, become very interested in the question of how valuable psychdelic drugs can be.

Dreher’s article gives evidence I had known from Kay Redfield Jamieson’s excellent Touched with Fire: Manic-Depressive Illness and the Artistic Temperament, which agrees with Dreher’s point that mental illness and creativity tend to be strongly linked. He also shows that psychedelic drugs make people more perceptive of reality, even showing that many current scientists argue psychedelic drugs (can) create states analogous to those created by severe fasting, silence and prayer, and that human beings are naturally wired for these experiences.

Quote:

This brought to mind a guy I knew in college who was depressed and unreachable. He tried LSD one day for kicks, and reported a profound mystical experience, having to do with a new awareness of the unity of all things, and the power of a life force he identified as God filling all matter. His depression lifted after that, and he said he started to believe in God again because of his drug trip. He eventually converted to Catholicism.

If these histories are at all correct, there is no reason why psychedelic drugs should be illegal. At times, I even doubt the wisdom of controlling them because if they are not controlled it may actually lead in the long term to more resposible usage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order