Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

What would you ask a psychiatrist for if...
    #9487654 - 12/24/08 05:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You were experiencing depression, bipolar and had serious trouble maintaining interest in anything? (psychological side has been thoroughly exhausted, thanks)

I am currently taking Mirtazapine 30mg before bed and this helps with sleep but has yet to have an effect except ONCE! When I woke up pretty much in some kind of serotonin-inspired heaven with an ecstasy surpassing MDMA. I'm waiting for that to return...

I was thinking of trying stimulants/speed, if I could have this prescribed. Is this a good idea? I'm really sick of waiting for an effect from pharms and I want to have a good chemical reason for living because right now my brain is completely stripped of one.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: What would you ask a psychiatrist for if... [Re: burgatory]
    #9487864 - 12/24/08 06:40 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Psychiatrists generally don't have anything to say of any real value.  The same goes for psychologists as well.

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#9488291 - 12/24/08 09:04 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

don't mess with meth

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: What would you ask a psychiatrist for if... [Re: cateyes]
    #9490030 - 12/24/08 03:47 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Bad idea to try amphetamine? Is that what you mean?

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

jesus

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#9490065 - 12/24/08 03:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Do you want to be Normal?

--------------------

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: What would you ask a psychiatrist for if... [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9490085 - 12/24/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

dextroamphetamine is great, I think I would be to sketched out to ever ask for it by name, but I know it works well for me.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: What would you ask a psychiatrist for if... [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9490201 - 12/24/08 04:55 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:

I want to be functional, which at the moment I am forced to be over my emotions.

Thanks for the dextro recommendation.

--------------------

joseph campbell

jesus

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#9491545 - 12/24/08 11:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Whats my drug of choice? What has s/he got?

Offlinezootroid
Stranger

Re: What would you ask a psychiatrist for if... [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #9492786 - 12/25/08 09:09 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If bipolar is what you are, then I'd suggest getting the right medication for it. Stimulants probably aren't what you are looking for.

I'm taking two mood stabilizers. Divalproex 500mg which is considered a really tiny dose. If I didn't;t add in the other I'd have to take 3 500mg doses I believe per day.

The other one we added in was seroquel. Ive got the fast acting one, so I take it 2 hours before I want to be asleep. I'm generally tired enough within 45 minutes now of taking it. I'm only taking 50mg.

Anyways it also has a mood stabilizing effect. Both of them together seems to be doing the trick for me so far. I noticed an amazing difference the second day after taking seroquel.  I now wake up excited (like a puppy does), I maintain an interest in everything I was interested in before. Work doesn't suck balls anymore.

You feel good, you don't mind the continuous grind each day. I think I was taking seroquel by the third week of me taking divalproex. IMHO the wait this time around was fucking worth it.

You are probably a very smart guy, you know the saying good things are worth waiting for, well it's no exception in this case.

Peace

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: What would you ask a psychiatrist for if... [Re: zootroid]
    #9494133 - 12/25/08 05:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

check this guys videos out
this is part 2, so make sure you see pt 1, etc, and he's done others so see his channel

I don't agree with his Wilburian hierarchy stuff, but I find his experiences very powerful

Anyway, see what you think

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: What would you ask a psychiatrist for if... [Re: zzripz]
    #9498281 - 12/26/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Cool.

--------------------

joseph campbell

jesus

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #9499635 - 12/26/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

That guy really has some things to learn about spiritual practice if he put indigenous cultures at the bottom of the list.  A good shaman could recognize that for what it is and heal it appropriately.  Although I don't disagree with some of the stuff he said he needs to look deeper into shamanism, because I'm very sure that a tribal person could identify a spiritual emergency better than a modern person.

As for advice about meds.  None is best, eat well, exercise, deal with your emotions, your feelings, don't hide them with medication.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: What would you ask a psychiatrist for if... [Re: Cannashroom]
    #9499726 - 12/26/08 10:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

be interested in Everything, but attached to nothing.  loosing interest in wordly things is natural.  because the world mostly sucks. 

buddha said that every thing is suffering

so, dont worry bout it

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: What would you ask a psychiatrist for if... [Re: Cannashroom]
    #9501826 - 12/27/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cannashroom said:
That guy really has some things to learn about spiritual practice if he put indigenous cultures at the bottom of the list.  A good shaman could recognize that for what it is and heal it appropriately.  Although I don't disagree with some of the stuff he said he needs to look deeper into shamanism, because I'm very sure that a tribal person could identify a spiritual emergency better than a modern person.

As for advice about meds.  None is best, eat well, exercise, deal with your emotions, your feelings, don't hide them with medication.

HI

YES! I completely agree with you. I first met this guy/his videos many months ago, and very first thing was me chammelenge him about his 'levels' hierarchy. I think he bases it on Ken Wilbur--who I cannot stand--and he seems to idolize Eastern forms of meditation and stuff. I am not mad on it
But having said that, his other insights (not Wilbur's) are really gtrat and I hope inspiring for people experiencing visionary states

Offlinefigmentfragment
leaving shroomery

Loc: Flag
    #9506233 - 12/28/08 07:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

burgatory said:
Quote:

Noteworthy said:

I want to be functional

:yesnod: know the feeling well bro. :peace:

--------------------
Goodbye Shroomery.

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Loc: Australia, Victoria, (S.E...
Re: What would you ask a psychiatrist for if... [Re: figmentfragment]
    #9510724 - 12/29/08 01:21 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I know how desperate you are feeling.

I think you need to figure out if you have bi-polar or not, and then treat it accordingly. It's not something to fuck around with. I assume you are using recreational drugs as well. Quit drugs for a while, exercise and eat well and see how you feel before you fuck around with more medication that you might not need. If it's bipolar I have little problem with medication, but if it's depression/anxiety then fuck the meds, spend your time doing the right thing for your body. Evaluate how healthy your life really is and be honest with yourself.

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: What would you ask a psychiatrist for if... [Re: lukey2411]
    #9513875 - 12/29/08 06:33 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I've found that exercise relieves the depression a lot. I've definitely been bipolar in the past - the whole desperate unattainable goals and delusions of grandeur. I'm wondering if it's something like wanting to be high all the time, not really digging what life has to offer, being in something of a carboard world.

I HAVE actually been reliving BIRTH TRAUMA in sleep. This is very important as while we unconsciously relive this stuff deep endogenous depressions can set in.

If only that massive high I woke up with would return, there would never be another problem...

It feels like right now my brain chemistry is assuming I'm asleep.

--------------------

joseph campbell

jesus

Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale