Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9501022 -

RogerRabbit said:
Snowboards don't go straight down the mountain.  They cut back and forth constantly to keep their speed down, especially on the advanced routes.  Remember, the bindings don't pop off a snowboard when you wipe out, so you have that board tied to your boots, and if you go end over end, you lose your legs. 

That's why I'd like to see separate runs open for boards to keep them away from the skiers who tend to go faster.  However, the rules of every slope in every country are that the downhill guy has the right of way over the uphill guy.  Ya gotta keep that in mind if you're going faster than you can turn.
RR



I haven't seen you in a while RR, i agree 95%. it is the cardinal rule to yield downhill, indeed, but when these little guys just park it in the middle of the run, or decide they are going to stop their momentum for no conceivable reason/stop and build a jump or something (ive seen them build snowmen in a run b4) i feel like they are willfully hurting my experience and endangering my run. if a snowboarder gets run over and hurt by me when they are doing something stupid on a hill screw them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: rodfarva]
    #9501102 -

it definately sounds like the slopes need to be heavily policed against snow rage lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: Your Destination]
    #9501110 -

Your Destination said:
I'm that asshole. Sorry. I can't really ski or snowboard well so whenever I go and rent me some (maybe once a year) I tend to fall a lot and get in peoples way.

My bad.



:rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: 0xYg3n]
    #9503119 -

0xYg3n said:
Your Destination said:
I'm that asshole. Sorry. I can't really ski or snowboard well so whenever I go and rent me some (maybe once a year) I tend to fall a lot and get in peoples way.

My bad.



:rofl2:



We would rarely share the same run, so your not really that asshole. Its the ones that know what they are doing that would even think about going down the runs i play on. You would look from the top and decide to ride the chair lift back down.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: rodfarva]
    #9503410 -

The snowboarders I've known usually avoid the black diamonds, and if they don't, they're far better riders than I am.

Personally, I'm a bit more laid back these days since I have my own mountain right behind the house as you see in the picture.  I snowshoe up the mountain, and then board back down.  It's about 2 miles to the summit from my back yard, so one trip up and back down again usually does this old guy in.  No snow-rage here.

Now, if I could just train my dog to pull me up the hill. . .
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9503457 -

RogerRabbit said:
Snowboards don't go straight down the mountain.  They cut back and forth constantly to keep their speed down, especially on the advanced routes



I carve as little as i can. faster the better. and when i do carve i don't go all the way across the whole run like some noobs do. Its quite easy to snowboard without cutting people off and taking up whole runs. some people are just retarded i guess?


--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:



Song of the week list in journal.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* RAAAAAAAWH (Official Punk Song Thread)
( 1 2 all )
Cracka_X 6,792 39 10/24/24 06:17 PM
by 073202
* All You Punks
( 1 2 all )
Sick_Of_It_All 3,932 29 05/20/04 11:28 AM
by Slite
* Snowboarding!
( 1 2 all )
Annom 2,814 22 12/08/04 05:25 PM
by adamj
* odin and annie on SNOWBOARDS! mariasabina 1,481 16 03/26/04 01:28 PM
by oDin
* Hippie or Punk? Hug a tree or Chop it down?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Bullfrog1 9,138 66 04/24/03 06:55 PM
by monoamine
* Pubbers Say Punk is Dead, but I say Greatful Dead is dead!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
JTHM 8,007 73 02/10/05 01:37 PM
by blissedout
* Tripped on shrooms Weds. while snowboarding...fuckin crazy!! flanders53 6,835 7 01/31/03 07:07 PM
by Anonymous
* I hate nosy ass fucking neighbors!!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Skunk420 10,224 83 12/07/04 01:46 PM
by Mounsteen

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,193 topic views. 3 members, 20 guests and 262 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.