Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
All You Punks
    #2587684 -

Well I didn't want to turn the avatar thread into the punk rock thread so I started a new thread. I listen to everything, not just punk, also hardcore, metal, ska, reggage, rocksteady, dub, psychobilly, classic rock, some hip hop, some old country (and I mean old), industrial, just all sorts of shit, not much into techno or any dance music though. I dont really classify myself but I guess I'd be a punk, hold a lot of the same thoughts and ideals. Yeah I saw that DK was coming to Orlando a few years back, but since Jello wasn't goin to be there, I wasn't going to be there. The rest of DK are money hungry bastards. And yes filthysock, Danzig is the shit. I have a crimson ghost tattoo (misfits skull logo) and I almost want to tattoo "1977-83" under it. I'm done talking now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #2588045 -

Sometimes we all get sick of it all also...so this is the PUBS #1 sympathy post ...hope you get over being sick of it all soon...


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #2588318 -

AFI?


--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #2588447 -

eat some mushrooms...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: OldSpice]
    #2588577 -

sick of it all is a band.....


--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.


:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Harbinger]
    #2588725 -

i love the misfits!
My fav bands though are AFI, the offspring, NOFX, and rancid.

i also listen to lots of other music exept for hiphop.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #2588787 -

Word has it that Danzig is in talks with Jerry about joining the band again.

The two have been friendly lately.






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #2589134 -

DK is not what it once was. How the fuck can they sing those songs when they have spent that much time in court, dealing with the system. Jello is the man.
These days I listen to Flogging Molly, The Vandals and Stiff Little Fingers (Just signed on to Kung-fu records)
Being a punk isn't about what you listen to, but who you really are. I love all kinds of music, but at the end of the day you are who you are.


--------------------
No, I do not think I am above the law.  There are times; inspired and enraptured that I feel I am BEYOND the law.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #2589606 -

Sick of it all, I was thinking about taking our conversation out of the avatar thread, good you did. I also dont only listen to punk, I listen to Goa and Psychedelic Trance, Hip Hop, 70's rock... started picking up on The Grateful Dead... I listen to ska, reggae... and whatever nibbles my biscuit really.

"Being punk isnt about what you listen to, but who you really are", thats a good quote right there. There are two types of punks, punks that walk around leaving a trail of havoc after them wherever they go (just to be punk) and doing stuff like pissing on the streets, throwing stuff at people, puking in cafe's... well you get my point, and punks that are people that just let themselves come out of their shells and say what they really feel, be nice to whomever they like and utmosed rude to whomever they dont like, do whatever is comfortable for them and stand for what they mean is right... Some might call these first types of punks posers, but I dont, I just think the word, "poser" is unapropriate... being punk also means you wont let stuff stand in the way for your fun and if puking in a cafe gives you and your buddy's a good laugh then hey, go for it... thats my philosophy on the subject. Do you listen to The Exploited, Sick of it all?
Here's AN AWESOME cd I bought not too long ago, I'm highly reccomending it:
http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=31447&


--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: filthysock]
    #2591300 -

Sick Of It All is a NY Hardcore band that kicks much ass. If I was sick of it all, which I'm not, when did I ask for anyone's sympathy?

Learyfan - That would definitely be interesting if Danzig got back with the Misfits after all those years.

SporeShur - Nicely said, its definitely a state of mind, not a fashion show, not the music you listen to, but the person you are. I didn't like to put a label on myself, I don't follow any one group, I am myself and that's all I will ever be. But I most closely relate myself with the punk culture because of my thoughts and beliefs.

filthysock - "whatever nibbles my biscuit really." That's about how I am when it comes to music, just never really got into techno much, and most of it I flat out hate. But to each their own, I don't look down or dis anyone for what they like, its their life. As far as two types of punks, well I'd say there are 3. The two you described, then the highschoolers who just want to be cool and fit in with the punk crowd, they don't know shit about the scene and in their head they are just another dumb jock, but I guess that wouldn't make them punk. Yes I do like exploited, they are great, I just saw them play a couple of months ago actually, with Total Chaos. I'm going to order that compilation, very kick ass bands on their, a little bit of oi and punk. Thanks for showing me that!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #2591505 -

Here's the interview where Jerry speaks about Glenn possibly coming back.




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Learyfan]
    #2591859 -

I love Oi! Some Oi Scouts, Cocksparrer, Combat 84, Templars, I could go on all day. Oi, Psychobilly, pretty much anything that spun out of rock-n-roll and punk-rock I enjoy.

I wasn't bashing on highschool kids who are punk. In the states punk has is becoming a "cool" thing, its becoming mainstream, it's becoming about money. Money is one think punk was never about, punk is supposed to be about doing what you want because you love it and don't give a shit what anyone else thinks. Now its getting trendy, and kids who don't even know who Dead Kennedy's are or Subhumans or Minor Threat (insert any important 70's and 80's punk rock band here) are dressing like punks and saying they are punks when they really don't know shit about it, all they know is the bullshit music pumped into them from MTV and corporate radio. Those kids bother me. There is also the "jock-punk." The guys that go to shows and like to beat the shit out of people for no reason and fuck shit up for fun, listen to Dead Kennedy's "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" and that is exactly what I'm talking about. As far as a fashion show, I always run into the guys wearing tight leather, 14 hole doc's, an Aus Rotten shirt, a leather vest with 20lbs of spikes on it and a 3 foot tall mohawk. They have the "I look more punk than you so therefore I am" attitude. I never really understood the whole "punker than thou" thing. Punk was always about being yourself to me. Of course not all who dress the part are like that, I like to get dressed up on occasion. It doesn't make me any more punk than a guy wearing sandals, shorts, and a tank top with long hair at a show. And as far as punk's hating hippies, I never understood that either. I always get along with hippies. You're right, punks and hippies are a like in a lot of ways. As a matter of fact, the half of my friends that aren't punks are hippies.

Thanks for that link Learyfan, I'd like to see that happen. I haven't really been a big fan of misfits newer stuff, its all right but I always felt a name change was in order. I pretty much followed Danzig, Samhain then his solo stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #2591894 -

I am all in one. Things change perspectives change and so does ones pesauna and actual the ones self. I listen to all music dependening on my moodes.
I was never into the whole punk thing but for several years I was into the gutter street punk scene. Charged hair n plaid was what I wore. Went on a lil tour with the Casualties, Main street mayhem, and the Virus. But as I lightened up and saw the world for what it can be I changed my views and hateful lonly pissed punk style wasnt my view for to long. Yes eating mushrooms and seeing the joy that is abound in life also did the trick.

Not saying that punk is off or any thing. I still belive in there political views and why judging ones book by the cover. But then I see the whole punk scene as a very vain crew of people. When I hung up my plaid and flanels. They looked at mae as how they look at every one and that is with condenceding eyes.

Dude OI SCOUTS! ha ha ha I havnt heard them in so so long. Those where my freakin kids too. Partied with em and had many good times. God what a small world.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #2597373 -

I love the old casulaties... now they sing the word punk like fifty times in every song, lol, it gets too much. But as always its great to sing about how great it is to be punk and proud when you sing in a punk band, but like fifty times in every song... nah...!

Sick of it all, what do you mean, like the whole new Sum 41 and Avril Lavign wave... yeah, that is annoying, oh well, I dont call it punk, its something else, pop-punkers I guess you could call it. And they are to be taken equally serious as pop mucic...

I have to admit I like Blink-182 though, even their poppyest stuff, ok, not the music video hits, but anything else they do... good fun stuff. Millencolin has been my favourite since I first got into punk... I dont care how hard punk is... I just like the general sound, fun and attitude of punk. Blink have turned very dark heavy emo though... I dont know if you've noticed.
I also like alot of emo...
I could switch from an emo track to exploited on my player.


--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: filthysock]
    #2597504 -

Millencolin is pretty good. I haven't listened to them in a while. I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck emo is other than .... a style of clothing or something.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: abhi]
    #2603649 -

Huh?  A style of clothing?  I didnt know that.  Emo is short for emotional... Emo-punk = emotional punk.

You know like, No Use For A Name, or Thursday... those are emo bands.

The band sick of it all is also emo... always whining and crying over the microphone :nonono:

:grin:


--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #2603730 -



Now thats what I call...



--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #2603772 -

I was into punk. I still am to a degree. Punk just doesn't seem as exciting as when you were a teen growing up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: ]
    #2603793 -

I have my periods where I wont be listening to punk for weeks, but I always come back to it eventually. But I know what you mean, punk synchronises with the teenage rebellion spirit. Still great music, even though I myself dont throw eggs at some politicians house like "YEAH MAN!!!" after being heavily inspired by some punk song, lol, not literally, but you get what I mean. So what music DO you listen to?

I always thought you were some sort of punk, just thought so from your avatar and nickname... it just spells punk somehow... JonPathetic definately sounds like a classic punk nick.

Sick, do you listen to the dead?


--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All You Punks [Re: filthysock]
    #2604103 -

Bands that I like now:
Sublime
The Smiths
The Residents
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
The Kinks
David Bowie
Joy Division
The Cure
The Clash
Screeching Weasel
Frank Zappa
Captain Beefheart
Stray Cats
Ween
Pavement
Green Day
Nirvana
Pretenders
PJ Harvey
Nick Cave
The Stooges
Radiohead
My Bloody Valentine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Police
Devo
Squeeze
The Replacements
Pixies
The Band
Can
Bob Dylan
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Jimi Hendrix
The Byrds
New York Dolls
Roxy Music
Big Star
Magazine
Pretty Things
Primus
XTC
The Jam
U2
Pink Floyd
Pere Ubu
Echo & The Bunnymen
Psychedelic Furs
King Crimson
Butthole Surfers
Kraftwerk
Flaming Lips
Wire
Led Zeppelin
Rezillos
The Who
The Seeds
Velvet Underground
The Doors
Bob Marley
Van Morrison
Love
Flamin' Groovies
T. Rex
Black Sabbath
Ramones
Talking Heads
Blondie
Oysterhead
Grateful Dead
Elvis Costello
Soft Boys
Husker Du
Dead Kennedys
Television
Weezer
Sonic Youth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* the misfits HeadTripVertigo 858 10 04/22/12 04:00 PM
by akira_akuma
* Dementia + too much acid and danzig = ... BrAiN 1,295 16 08/07/09 12:34 PM
by UpSwell
* Cow Punk and Psychobilly appreciation thread?
( 1 2 all )
PapaverS 8,430 27 12/24/09 12:19 AM
by GabbaDj
* The Punk Rock Music Thread!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
hamloafM 16,352 211 06/08/14 11:16 PM
by r00tuuu123
* Good ol' Danzig Fungal-one 585 13 12/23/10 08:57 AM
by MadSeasonAbove
* Punk Rock?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
insomniac20 7,445 90 03/25/13 02:29 AM
by Deadkndys420
* The "Punk Cred" thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
RandalFlagg 8,911 95 12/22/05 07:41 PM
by headset
* Any decent punk? gENERIX 2,122 18 05/03/09 06:43 PM
by UnholyChild666

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,932 topic views. 4 members, 384 guests and 138 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.