Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSick_Of_It_All
All Of It's Sick

Loc: Orlando, Florida
All You Punks
    #2587684 - 04/21/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well I didn't want to turn the avatar thread into the punk rock thread so I started a new thread. I listen to everything, not just punk, also hardcore, metal, ska, reggage, rocksteady, dub, psychobilly, classic rock, some hip hop, some old country (and I mean old), industrial, just all sorts of shit, not much into techno or any dance music though. I dont really classify myself but I guess I'd be a punk, hold a lot of the same thoughts and ideals. Yeah I saw that DK was coming to Orlando a few years back, but since Jello wasn't goin to be there, I wasn't going to be there. The rest of DK are money hungry bastards. And yes filthysock, Danzig is the shit. I have a crimson ghost tattoo (misfits skull logo) and I almost want to tattoo "1977-83" under it. I'm done talking now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: All You Punks [Re: Sick_Of_It_All]
    #2588045 - 04/21/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Sometimes we all get sick of it all also...so this is the PUBS #1 sympathy post ...hope you get over being sick of it all soon...

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlinecrazychemist
Spreader ofSpores

#2588318 - 04/21/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

AFI?

--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #2588447 - 04/21/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

eat some mushrooms...

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: All You Punks [Re: OldSpice]
    #2588577 - 04/21/04 08:43 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

sick of it all is a band.....

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: All You Punks [Re: Harbinger]
    #2588725 - 04/21/04 09:18 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i love the misfits!
My fav bands though are AFI, the offspring, NOFX, and rancid.

i also listen to lots of other music exept for hiphop.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2588787 - 04/21/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Word has it that Danzig is in talks with Jerry about joining the band again.

The two have been friendly lately.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineFuman
Tao of Shrooms

Loc: Further
    #2589134 - 04/21/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

DK is not what it once was. How the fuck can they sing those songs when they have spent that much time in court, dealing with the system. Jello is the man.
These days I listen to Flogging Molly, The Vandals and Stiff Little Fingers (Just signed on to Kung-fu records)
Being a punk isn't about what you listen to, but who you really are. I love all kinds of music, but at the end of the day you are who you are.

--------------------
No, I do not think I am above the law.  There are times; inspired and enraptured that I feel I am BEYOND the law.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2589606 - 04/22/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Sick of it all, I was thinking about taking our conversation out of the avatar thread, good you did. I also dont only listen to punk, I listen to Goa and Psychedelic Trance, Hip Hop, 70's rock... started picking up on The Grateful Dead... I listen to ska, reggae... and whatever nibbles my biscuit really.

"Being punk isnt about what you listen to, but who you really are", thats a good quote right there. There are two types of punks, punks that walk around leaving a trail of havoc after them wherever they go (just to be punk) and doing stuff like pissing on the streets, throwing stuff at people, puking in cafe's... well you get my point, and punks that are people that just let themselves come out of their shells and say what they really feel, be nice to whomever they like and utmosed rude to whomever they dont like, do whatever is comfortable for them and stand for what they mean is right... Some might call these first types of punks posers, but I dont, I just think the word, "poser" is unapropriate... being punk also means you wont let stuff stand in the way for your fun and if puking in a cafe gives you and your buddy's a good laugh then hey, go for it... thats my philosophy on the subject. Do you listen to The Exploited, Sick of it all?
Here's AN AWESOME cd I bought not too long ago, I'm highly reccomending it:
http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=31447&

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineSick_Of_It_All
All Of It's Sick

Re: All You Punks [Re: filthysock]
    #2591300 - 04/22/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Sick Of It All is a NY Hardcore band that kicks much ass. If I was sick of it all, which I'm not, when did I ask for anyone's sympathy?

Learyfan - That would definitely be interesting if Danzig got back with the Misfits after all those years.

SporeShur - Nicely said, its definitely a state of mind, not a fashion show, not the music you listen to, but the person you are. I didn't like to put a label on myself, I don't follow any one group, I am myself and that's all I will ever be. But I most closely relate myself with the punk culture because of my thoughts and beliefs.

filthysock - "whatever nibbles my biscuit really." That's about how I am when it comes to music, just never really got into techno much, and most of it I flat out hate. But to each their own, I don't look down or dis anyone for what they like, its their life. As far as two types of punks, well I'd say there are 3. The two you described, then the highschoolers who just want to be cool and fit in with the punk crowd, they don't know shit about the scene and in their head they are just another dumb jock, but I guess that wouldn't make them punk. Yes I do like exploited, they are great, I just saw them play a couple of months ago actually, with Total Chaos. I'm going to order that compilation, very kick ass bands on their, a little bit of oi and punk. Thanks for showing me that!

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2591472 - 04/22/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, you like Oi to?  So do I, weeelll...
http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=91472&

I havent bought this one, but I will. 
I was thinking about that type of punks that just want to fit in by standing out, I dont know how it works in america... but where I grew up in Highschool I was getting into punk 'cause of my friends at the highschool who were mostly punks... they were punk in the way that they listened to the music, went to the shows, some of them had the style some didnt but what turned me onto the punk scene the most (except for the music:headbang:) were how chilled punks are about everything, not a care in the world because they dont care about a thing in the world... they basically sat in the gutter drinking beer all day smoking weed while people passed and said stuff like, "get a life you filthy rats, I'll call the police on you...bla bla..." and they were all like, ":wtf:Well I'm not bothering you, so why should you bother me..." once in a while they would run people down on general punk philosophy and once in a while it worked.  Being with these people I just felt like "man.. these people have gotten it, they are themselves, and they have understood life (lol... know what I mean?) and they dont bend over for other people and do no one no harm"... I just vibed with it and felt home with punks, know what I mean? 
My point is there are always people in highschool who will stand out, not to be cool, but because they are digging the vibe of other punks and joining their thing... main point being there are no posers, none of these 3 types of punks are posers, they are just doing their thing and not caring. 
I have never witnessed punk becoming a fashion thing or a "cool" thing (even though people wanna fit in with the group), but if it gets to the point where it is a fashion thing and people wanna look punk just to look punk and act punk just so other punks will think they're cool... well then thats a poser... I jsut havent witnessed something like that.  And I hope it hasnt gotten that way.

Ok, i'm rambling on and on here... am I really making any point here, I dunno  :tongue:

Also...a nother thing, I've never gotten why so many punks hate hippies, hippies are cool and they both have like... everything... in common!

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2591505 - 04/22/04 02:58 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Here's the interview where Jerry speaks about Glenn possibly coming back.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineSick_Of_It_All
All Of It's Sick

Re: All You Punks [Re: Learyfan]
    #2591859 - 04/22/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I love Oi! Some Oi Scouts, Cocksparrer, Combat 84, Templars, I could go on all day. Oi, Psychobilly, pretty much anything that spun out of rock-n-roll and punk-rock I enjoy.

I wasn't bashing on highschool kids who are punk. In the states punk has is becoming a "cool" thing, its becoming mainstream, it's becoming about money. Money is one think punk was never about, punk is supposed to be about doing what you want because you love it and don't give a shit what anyone else thinks. Now its getting trendy, and kids who don't even know who Dead Kennedy's are or Subhumans or Minor Threat (insert any important 70's and 80's punk rock band here) are dressing like punks and saying they are punks when they really don't know shit about it, all they know is the bullshit music pumped into them from MTV and corporate radio. Those kids bother me. There is also the "jock-punk." The guys that go to shows and like to beat the shit out of people for no reason and fuck shit up for fun, listen to Dead Kennedy's "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" and that is exactly what I'm talking about. As far as a fashion show, I always run into the guys wearing tight leather, 14 hole doc's, an Aus Rotten shirt, a leather vest with 20lbs of spikes on it and a 3 foot tall mohawk. They have the "I look more punk than you so therefore I am" attitude. I never really understood the whole "punker than thou" thing. Punk was always about being yourself to me. Of course not all who dress the part are like that, I like to get dressed up on occasion. It doesn't make me any more punk than a guy wearing sandals, shorts, and a tank top with long hair at a show. And as far as punk's hating hippies, I never understood that either. I always get along with hippies. You're right, punks and hippies are a like in a lot of ways. As a matter of fact, the half of my friends that aren't punks are hippies.

Thanks for that link Learyfan, I'd like to see that happen. I haven't really been a big fan of misfits newer stuff, its all right but I always felt a name change was in order. I pretty much followed Danzig, Samhain then his solo stuff.

Anonymous

#2591894 - 04/22/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I am all in one. Things change perspectives change and so does ones pesauna and actual the ones self. I listen to all music dependening on my moodes.
I was never into the whole punk thing but for several years I was into the gutter street punk scene. Charged hair n plaid was what I wore. Went on a lil tour with the Casualties, Main street mayhem, and the Virus. But as I lightened up and saw the world for what it can be I changed my views and hateful lonly pissed punk style wasnt my view for to long. Yes eating mushrooms and seeing the joy that is abound in life also did the trick.

Not saying that punk is off or any thing. I still belive in there political views and why judging ones book by the cover. But then I see the whole punk scene as a very vain crew of people. When I hung up my plaid and flanels. They looked at mae as how they look at every one and that is with condenceding eyes.

Dude OI SCOUTS! ha ha ha I havnt heard them in so so long. Those where my freakin kids too. Partied with em and had many good times. God what a small world.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2597373 - 04/24/04 06:44 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I love the old casulaties... now they sing the word punk like fifty times in every song, lol, it gets too much. But as always its great to sing about how great it is to be punk and proud when you sing in a punk band, but like fifty times in every song... nah...!

Sick of it all, what do you mean, like the whole new Sum 41 and Avril Lavign wave... yeah, that is annoying, oh well, I dont call it punk, its something else, pop-punkers I guess you could call it. And they are to be taken equally serious as pop mucic...

I have to admit I like Blink-182 though, even their poppyest stuff, ok, not the music video hits, but anything else they do... good fun stuff. Millencolin has been my favourite since I first got into punk... I dont care how hard punk is... I just like the general sound, fun and attitude of punk. Blink have turned very dark heavy emo though... I dont know if you've noticed.
I also like alot of emo...
I could switch from an emo track to exploited on my player.

--------------------

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: All You Punks [Re: filthysock]
    #2597504 - 04/24/04 09:17 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Millencolin is pretty good. I haven't listened to them in a while. I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck emo is other than .... a style of clothing or something.

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: All You Punks [Re: abhi]
    #2603649 - 04/26/04 03:11 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Huh?  A style of clothing?  I didnt know that.  Emo is short for emotional... Emo-punk = emotional punk.

You know like, No Use For A Name, or Thursday... those are emo bands.

The band sick of it all is also emo... always whining and crying over the microphone :nonono:

:grin:

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2603730 - 04/26/04 04:43 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Now thats what I call...

--------------------

Anonymous

#2603772 - 04/26/04 05:37 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I was into punk. I still am to a degree. Punk just doesn't seem as exciting as when you were a teen growing up.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: All You Punks [Re: ]
    #2603793 - 04/26/04 05:51 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I have my periods where I wont be listening to punk for weeks, but I always come back to it eventually. But I know what you mean, punk synchronises with the teenage rebellion spirit. Still great music, even though I myself dont throw eggs at some politicians house like "YEAH MAN!!!" after being heavily inspired by some punk song, lol, not literally, but you get what I mean. So what music DO you listen to?

I always thought you were some sort of punk, just thought so from your avatar and nickname... it just spells punk somehow... JonPathetic definately sounds like a classic punk nick.

Sick, do you listen to the dead?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies