Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #9493845 -

Alec_Baldwin said:
As a skateboarder who recently went snowboarding for the first time I can say without a doubt skateboarding KILLS snowboarding in the fun department and the not having to take a huge fuckin board off your feet and climb a dumbass hill every 10 minutes department.



But what about going down hill? I always found that more of a rush.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: Your Destination]
    #9493858 -

Yeah, that was a shitty lopsided opinion. I had a lot of fun going down the hill but that was about the extent of it. I really had no other desire to further my snowboarding skills after about the 5th time going down. Just really bored. I do respect snowboarders and what they're doing though, don't get me wrong.


--------------------
Tune in, Freak out, Get Beaten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: Your Destination]
    #9493872 -

Your Destination said:
Alec_Baldwin said:
As a skateboarder who recently went snowboarding for the first time I can say without a doubt skateboarding KILLS snowboarding in the fun department and the not having to take a huge fuckin board off your feet and climb a dumbass hill every 10 minutes department.



But what about going down hill? I always found that more of a rush.



Vert anyone?

Kissing the coping in 15 ft bowls and pipes is a big enough rush for me. I don't even need to get in the air. Downhilling never did it for me. I like concrete :justdontknow:


--------------------

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: nalyudi]
    #9493893 -

its such bull shit with these snowboarders. I remember before there was a cult snowboarding group and you just went skiing. it was way nicer and way more fun. Now its a fucking obstacle course. They have no edecut on the hill. For some reason they think that they can just find a nice place on any slope and sit there ass down for a break. You come around a turn on a GS trax full speed and i guarantee there will be a 17 y/o snowboarder in your way, prolly with 5 of his friends building a jump. Fucking idiots. i used to hurt them when i was younger. I started many a fight with these idiots.

Have you ever seen them try and get around the hill? They are a problem there because they have to take one foot out and hop around as slow as possible, if not walk. When i get to a flat and start ski skating at a good pace im sure to find one of these dip shits taking their time in the middle of where i need to go. Again, get the fuck out of my way punk asses :crankey:  lols

as a side note we have started calling coke heads "snowboarders" around here. lols.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #9493894 -

I like snowboarding better. Tearing ass down a hill is awesome. Hitting jumps and landing them is also a lot easier on a snowboard. And if you fall while snowboarding... Hurts a lot less than skateboarding.

I've only done a halfpipe on a snowboard once.... I sucked (just like I did on a skateboard). It'd probably take me a while to get used to and actually be able to have fun on it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #9494158 -

Sounds like you're just not being creative enough with your riding. Plus it was only your first time... Your opinion shouldn't matter :lol:

..When it comes to the OP I firmly believe that you should be responsible for everything done while you ride, regardless of other people. You should be able to have control at all times and know what's going on at all times. Like driving.

It should just be the duty of the better rider to be able to control themselves instead of blame someone for being a tard for not paying enough attention. It's the person with more experience that really has no right to complain because they should expect it.


--------------------


Edited by DR. PRIME (12/25/08 05:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: Gumby]
    #9494190 -

Rest assured that there are just as many douche-nozzles on skis as there are on boards, if not more.  Yes, there are plenty of boarders doing their little deathmarch on whatever cat track you're trying to move down or sitting under a roller, but there are probably 2 other skiers just standing at the top of the lift or pie turning right in front of you. 

By the way, the downhill rider always has the right of way, even if they gape their ass right into you.. 



My advice is to find a place where the gapers are a little better....



Sucks about your hand...


--------------------


I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: thedefone]
    #9494771 -

thedefone said:
Rest assured that there are just as many douche-nozzles on skis as there are on boards, if not more



I concur with this. I love to snowboard and i know exactly what douche bag snow boarders your talking about. They piss me off too but dont lump me into that category with them. Stereotyping FTL


--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:



Song of the week list in journal.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: thedefone]
    #9494813 -

Shit man, how to you get down that mountain? That little narrow run that starts on the right side of the mountain? Looks like fun. Where is it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #9495646 -

Yea man I hate all those gapers who think they are bad ass but really don't know how to ski/snowboard. They just slidslip down the good runs, and make the stupidest un predictable moves on the hill. However they do provide for some good entertainment when your ripped, they're just soo dumb sometimes. I mean at least ten times a year I hear some idiot complaining about how hard it is to ski in all the fresh snow on a powder day

Edited by gento (12/26/08 12:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: nalyudi]
    #9496216 -

damn what a douche nozzle


--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: Gumby]
    #9497929 -

Gumby said:
Shit man, how to you get down that mountain? That little narrow run that starts on the right side of the mountain? Looks like fun. Where is it?



yeah that looks crazy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: nalyudi]
    #9497985 -

...I still don't believe it's only 7 stitches. I see 8. I don't believe it's just an illusion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: Jeebies]
    #9498015 -

Yes, yes...this thread all just a big conspiracy to convince you that there are 7 stitches instead of 8 on the hand of some random guy on the internet... :wink:

:lol:

Seriously though, the pic clearly shows 8 stitches, not like it matters though...  (maybe its the angle of the shot, maybe not) :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: DR. PRIME]
    #9498030 -

ScYiNs47 said:
Sounds like you're just not being creative enough with your riding.



:what:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: Geomancer]
    #9498046 -

Geomancer said:
Yes, yes...this thread all just a big conspiracy to convince you that there are 7 stitches instead of 8 on the hand of some random guy on the internet... :wink:




It seems more like a thread to change the long-standing rule of the slope that the guy in front ALWAYS has the right of way over the guy behind him.  Period.  One of the quickest ways to get banned from any ski area is to run over somebody and get him hurt.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: Geomancer]
    #9498076 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9498087 -

so you think its fine to cut in front of people near the end of a run as long as you are in front of them.....retarded imo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: nalyudi]
    #9498139 -

Snowboards don't go straight down the mountain.  They cut back and forth constantly to keep their speed down, especially on the advanced routes.  Remember, the bindings don't pop off a snowboard when you wipe out, so you have that board tied to your boots, and if you go end over end, you lose your legs. 

That's why I'd like to see separate runs open for boards to keep them away from the skiers who tend to go faster.  However, the rules of every slope in every country are that the downhill guy has the right of way over the uphill guy.  Ya gotta keep that in mind if you're going faster than you can turn.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Punk Ass Snowboarders [Re: nalyudi]
    #9498304 -

Quote:
so you think its fine to cut in front of people near the end of a run as long as you are in front of them.....retarded imo



No, and I also think it's retarded that if I rear-end another car while driving it's my fault no matter what, but that's the way it is. 

I feel like I'm in more danger when I'm skiing around a bunch of gapers fucking around on the lower mountain than I do when I am skiing more exposed lines...  Whenever I am skiing a groomer, I am always looking for other riders coming crossing the trail or merging.. Some of those people are fucking dangerous; especially the ones who think they are better than they actually are.

And, now for some mindless mountain stoke...







--------------------


I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* RAAAAAAAWH (Official Punk Song Thread)
( 1 2 all )
Cracka_X 6,792 39 10/24/24 06:17 PM
by 073202
* All You Punks
( 1 2 all )
Sick_Of_It_All 3,932 29 05/20/04 11:28 AM
by Slite
* Snowboarding!
( 1 2 all )
Annom 2,814 22 12/08/04 05:25 PM
by adamj
* odin and annie on SNOWBOARDS! mariasabina 1,481 16 03/26/04 01:28 PM
by oDin
* Hippie or Punk? Hug a tree or Chop it down?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Bullfrog1 9,138 66 04/24/03 06:55 PM
by monoamine
* Pubbers Say Punk is Dead, but I say Greatful Dead is dead!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
JTHM 8,007 73 02/10/05 01:37 PM
by blissedout
* Tripped on shrooms Weds. while snowboarding...fuckin crazy!! flanders53 6,835 7 01/31/03 07:07 PM
by Anonymous
* I hate nosy ass fucking neighbors!!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Skunk420 10,224 83 12/07/04 01:46 PM
by Mounsteen

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,193 topic views. 7 members, 11 guests and 86 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.