Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShaw
hick

Loc: midwest, usa
terrarium for masonry tubs?
    #948075 - 10/10/02 02:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

does anyone know of a good setup for masonry tubs? There are some plastic shelves at home depot that would fit nicely. would wrappind it in a plastic drop cloth work? If anyone has a setup similar to this, i would be interested in knowing specifics. The other option is a pvc frame tent, but it would be more difficult. I have heard that there is an individual in my area that uses big plastic tubs. I dunno who he is, or how he does it. he suposidly he has a nice productive setup. I heard about him through a kid who i used to go to school with, who had seen it, but he has no knollage of cultivation, so was unable to provide specific info.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShaw
hick

Re: terrarium for masonry tubs? [Re: Shaw]
    #950542 - 10/10/02 07:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, obviously nobody has ever used morter tubs. I'm just asking what terrarium you guys use, so i can develop one. I know someone has used them before. I'm sure i can do it myself, but it would have been nice to get some input

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #950902 - 10/10/02 09:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Damn dude, I feel for you man, didn't you just have a post not too long ago that you were the only one that responded to your post. I think you can get the plastic closets, I think that Six tango knows about this, PM him and he can show you where to go.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #951035 - 10/10/02 09:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

A lot depends on the amount of room & degree of privacy you have. It would also depend on the size (width, length & height) of the tubs & how many you intend to use at once.

There is a Martha Stewart brand standing stainless steel cloths storage closet sold at Kmart for about $35 - 40 that is completly enclosed with heavy clear plastic & has a zipper front.It would work well, for small tubs. Go to the Kmart web site & do a product search.

Big deep tubs are heavy suckers if you use a dung based substrate. A PVC rack would not hold the weight --  well.

Big heavy duty free standing metal or plastic shelve racks like those at home depot would also work. It would be a simple task to encase one with heavy duty clear plastic & jury rig a way to open & close it.

Just use your ingenuity. Where there is a will, there is a way.

6T :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Edited by SixTango (10/10/02 09:42 PM)

OfflineShaw
hick

Re: terrarium for masonry tubs? [Re: SixTango]
    #951274 - 10/10/02 10:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Skikid16: yah, that was me. Seems like i spend most of the time here answering questions, but nobody has the answers when i want them.

6T: Went out this evening and saw some correctly sized plastic shelves at home depot. they may fit into the framework of the portable closet. Rust could be a problem for the steel framework. I've also got some good ideas on a stacked and vented rubbermaid tote system that would hopefully stand on it's own. I'll just wing it and see what happens. If this works, i'll definatly let you know.

--------------------

Edited by Shaw (10/10/02 10:49 PM)

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

#951330 - 10/10/02 11:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The Martha Stewart cloths thing  @ Kmart has Stainless Steel racks. Rust would not be a problem.

Even with normal metal racks, just throw on an extra coat of thick enamel paint & you are good for several years w/o rust.

6T  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineShaw
hick

Re: terrarium for masonry tubs? [Re: SixTango]
    #952538 - 10/11/02 10:11 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The tubs ate 19.5" wide, and so is the closet, so it will be a tight fit if i go that route. The trick will be getting shelves that add no width and fit in the enclosure.

--------------------

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

#952586 - 10/11/02 10:23 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like you should just carpet the wall, ceiling, floor & door of that closet w/plastic. Then build some heavy duty shelf braces in & use some sort of metal racks on them. If you need it, use a tiny ceramic heater on the bottom & when the time is right, a humiditier of top. The whole closet becomes an incubator -- fruiting chamber, that way.

6T :tongue:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation