Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblejavacap
hazelnut

need help with bulk terrarium
    #2335063 - 02/14/04 06:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

here is my plan so far. I'll be as detailed as possible regarding the terrarium.

The tub is a 20 gallon rectangular rubbermaid container, about 18" deep with a locking lid. the tub is transparent green and the lid is opaque.

My question regards just the terrarium for a run of straw/dung with a 60/40 casing. The substrate will be about 4" deep throughout the tub.

Can I just load the tub with the substrate? I've seen some terrariums with airpumps and misters attached. And I've heard for this type of grow it's best to have some way for the CO2 to dissipate. My idea is to use an airpump on one end of the terrarium that will force air out through a small hole on the other end, which will be drilled about an inch above the surface of the casing. or should I omit the airpump altogether and keep the tub sealed.

Is room temperature OK for this setup?

Also, what is the best way to maintain high humidity levels with the setup described? (modification suggestions welcome)

I'm fairly confident that I know what to do for the inoculation and spawning phases. Mostly I'm a little confused about the case colonization phase and the fruiting phase.

I'd love to hear your suggestions, critiques. thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAkrobatik
Chillin

Re: need help with bulk terrarium [Re: javacap]
    #2337030 - 02/15/04 01:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

you can just use a spray bottle and water to keep the humidity up but with that method you will have to fan it out 3-4 times a day, and yes u can use the entire container as a fruiting chamber, just remember to keep about a foot open to leave room for the mushies to grow, you dont want to have to pick them early if they grow too tall. I use an ultra sonic humidifier and love it. most people say they oversaturate the casings but I live where it gets cold (20f) and the air is dry during the winter, so I think the extra humidity helps a lot. Also with a humidifier you never have to touch anything, just let em do their thing. If u decide to use an air pump I would get a humidifier because you ll have to be misting 5-6 times a day and if your new at growing you dont know how much that sucks. good luck with that.

--------------------
:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation