Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Is San Pedro becoming too popular?
    #9461964 - 12/19/08 12:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Cacti and their magical properties are quickly becoming more and more common knowledge. heck even my little pedro in my dorm last semester sparked a visitor to ask "dude...are you gonna eat that?". Not only has the online trade for cuttings and live plants boomed but dried flesh, arguably dangerous for the legal status of the cactus, has become more commonplace and not just online either. i walked into a head shop back in march and they had dried san pedro chips in bags with right alongside the other bags of edible/medicinal herbs. i asked the owner if he was aware that the dried flesh, even if sold as non consumable, was a container of a schedule 1 substance. He then kindly asked me to leave.

whats next? a surge of youtube videos? this pattern is all too familiar. all this attention is eventually going to lead in a crusade to ban the plant just as their has been with salvia. Do you think San Pedro should be kept more obscure as it has been in the past?
Is San Pedro in danger of getting too widespread.
You may choose 2

Votes accepted from (12/19/08 12:40 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9461973 - 12/19/08 12:43 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I went with my friend to this random's house and the guy whose house it was pulled out a san pedro wrapped in paper. I live in a very small town in an area were cacti doesnt grow so its surprising that people would have those things around here and they are becoming too widespread.

Anonymous #3

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #9462065 - 12/19/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Its really hard to ban though because its in everyones yard.

One reason that they won't ban it soon is that it is already banned and has been since the late 60's. 

There have never been any prosecutions that I know of.  Likely they got a few people for mescaline if they sent dried material to a lab.

Its unwise for stores to stock it, legally no different than stocking dried Psilocybe cubensis. 

The only possible way out of being busted for it is if you don't know what it is.  If you just have a cactus garden and you don't know what kind of cactuses you have, it isn't illegal.  But if you know you have san pedro, it is technically a felony.

In my area (California) it is possible to plant a cutting in the middle of the woods and come back 20 years later and it will be a mescaline tree!

Anonymous #4

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #9463667 - 12/19/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yes it should be kept more discrete.  But people are fucking retards so it will probably be illegal in a year or two when some dumb fuck frat boy has a bad trip and commits suicide.  :sanpedro:

Anonymous #2

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #9463684 - 12/19/08 06:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:boxerface: :cacti:

Anonymous #5

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #9463768 - 12/19/08 06:40 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #4 said:
Yes it should be kept more discrete.  But people are fucking retards so it will probably be illegal in a year or two when some dumb fuck frat boy has a bad trip and commits suicide.  :sanpedro:

Fuck stupid college kids. Stupid niggers. They all should have a :suicide: party.

Anonymous #6

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #9463859 - 12/19/08 06:57 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Cat's already outa the bag. So basically i feel its 2 late. Like other people said its probabily only a matter of time just like salvia. Best thing for everybody is to just be responsible. Don't drive, start small work your way up, always have a sitter.

Anonymous #2

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #9464161 - 12/19/08 08:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ive gotten sick on san pedro before Ive ever broken through.

Anonymous #7

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #9464173 - 12/19/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

We should all plant it so that even if its made illegal we'll still have our supply.

Anonymous #8

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #9464763 - 12/19/08 10:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Its in at least one yard on every street around where I live. I think it's too much of a commonplace household plant to schedule the plant itself.

They could stop the sale of it though, but I still have a hook up if I walk down my street.

Anonymous #9

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #9465005 - 12/19/08 11:35 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

so true,

i know alot of little spots were it grows, and im in urban Los Angeles

Anonymous #10

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #9465331 - 12/20/08 01:24 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I feel like there's too much effort involving in consuming San Pedro for it to get beyond the fringe. (Shroomery IS kind of fringe.)

Anonymous #11

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #9465504 - 12/20/08 02:29 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

LSA ergot containing seeds are not banned and they have been thoroughly abused and well documented for it as well.  The seeds are not illegal.  I doubt the cactus will too.

Anonymous #12

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #9465923 - 12/20/08 07:27 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I think its all about the % of active alkaloids in the plant or drug and also popularity... If you ever start looking at plants that are active....anything over 2% is  normally illegal.

It still amazes me to this day that i live in a country where they would rather you get hooked on manmade pharmacuticals than something that comes from the earth just like your food... water ... etc... its really more about money/politcs than how much they care for the american public.

Anonymous #4

Re: Is San Pedro becoming too popular? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #9467294 - 12/20/08 02:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #7 said:
We should all plant it so that even if its made illegal we'll still have our supply.

:awesome:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale