Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIchydai
BeginnerMycologist
Loc: Dark Side of the Moon
flashbacks?
    #939993 - 10/07/02 12:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My friend was telling me about mushroom flashbacks... He said that the psilocin/cybin is stored in something in the back of your brain, then 30 years later it breaks open and you go insane. I think my friend is totally wrong. Also, today we bought some "petite" mushrooms from the local supermarket. He ate some, but I didn't (can't stand the taste of the little buggers!). But, he said he started to feel weird afterwards. Is it possible that him eating these "petite" mushrooms made him remember old trips, or was he just being an idiot? Lol, thanks in advance for the replies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: flashbacks? [Re: Ichydai]
    #940226 - 10/07/02 02:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

you've just been fed some grade A bull.

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
Re: flashbacks? [Re: daussaulit]
    #940512 - 10/07/02 04:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

He is telling the truth...

OfflineLeviathon
tripped andtested

Loc: Over the hills and throug...
Re: flashbacks? [Re: nezshoo]
    #940588 - 10/07/02 04:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
You can not recieve with hands already full.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #940703 - 10/07/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

(shrug) weird things happen...maybe your friend is a little isane.
and maybe he is just a moron. i don't like to call names...i guess you'll never know how shrooms affect HIM...but as for yourself. they don't cause flash backs, and they don't make normal mushrooms trip you out.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #940751 - 10/07/02 05:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If that were true I would not still be eating the fuckers , hell in high school I ate enough then (by your friends theory) to keep frying till I am 90 . I feel extermely sober right now !
Is bull shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :crazy: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineIchydai
BeginnerMycologist
Loc: Dark Side of the Moon
Re: flashbacks? [Re: tripndicular]
    #940955 - 10/07/02 06:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Lol, I dont know. Maybe he is just bullshitting me, or he is just insane... I think its more of a conbination of the two lol.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

#941001 - 10/07/02 06:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, an insane man doesn't need shrooms...he should give them to me. :grin: 

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineTrip_Out_7
PaRTy aNiMaL

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: flashbacks? [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #941268 - 10/07/02 08:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

actually, I have to say that it is possible to have "flashbacks" because I have experienced them myself...

If I look in the mirror long enough and concentrate on my eyes, I can make them dialate by themselves without touching lights or anything.

I can focus on things and hallucinate if I want. I have done this a few times.

I was talking to a very good friend of mine on the phone 2 days ago, and he was having a shroom trip and I was keeping him "company" and I started hallucinating myself which kinda freaked me out....

maybe I'm out of my mind, but I know what I saw :smile:  Do u guys think it's possible for someone to influance a flashback or even a mild trip if they are on shrooms and you havn't dosed shrooms?

--------------------

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: flashbacks? [Re: Trip_Out_7]
    #941470 - 10/07/02 11:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I took about 2g last night and it was my first trip alone.
To cut a long story short, when i was coming down i had about four actual flashes of light in my eyes and the thoughts and feelings i had experienced an hour or so previously came back to me. they only lasted for a few seconds each and i enjoyed them.
its never happened before and it was a little strange.

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

Invisibletripndicular

#941782 - 10/08/02 04:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Unfortunatlly insanity has nothing to do with it .......... I am as insane as they come ..........responding to voices in head and maniacally laughing .
This is a case of misguided , midevil , ignorance ! :tongue:
Tell him you are a witch or warlock and such things are trivial and irrellvant . :wink: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Anonymous

#941827 - 10/08/02 04:51 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Your friend is full of shit.  :grin:  Psychadelics can and do cause flashbacks in a large percentage of users..  But they aren't caused by the drug being stored in the back of your brain, spine, or anything like that.  Flashbacks are generated by intense experiences (and tripping can be VERY intense).

As for eating storebought mushrooms and feeling weird.. pure placebo.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #941869 - 10/08/02 05:15 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've never met anyone who has had a flashback. John Lennon said he took a thousand trips in the sixties and never had a flashback neither did anyone he ever knew. I think it's an urban myth.

You can probably remember things in a certain way - but i remember feelings and times in my life all the time, it's just called "having a memory", nothing to do with flashbacks.

However it is definately true that you turn into a glass of orange juice  :grin:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibletripndicular

Re: flashbacks? [Re: Xlea321]
    #941883 - 10/08/02 05:20 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Or maybe its.............. MEMOREX . I agree , and have eaten many halucinogens , never had a "flashback " . I have however flashed forward..........anticipating the next time I will trip .  :cool: 

--------------------

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: flashbacks? [Re: tripndicular]
    #941910 - 10/08/02 05:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, flashbacks are real. My friend and I had a really hard trip a couple months ago, and his trip went really bad while listening to Dark Side of the Moon. So a couple days ago, we had just smoked the best pot we ever scored out of a gravity bong, and we were RIPPED UP. We went for a drive and he was messing with his laptop in the car and he played that dark side song and had a shroom flashback that scared him really bad. He said it was like total mindfuck for like 5 minutes. Who knows? Psychedelics are something that are still not fully understood, and their power never ceases to amaze. Use with caution!

--------------------

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: flashbacks? [Re: chunder]
    #942504 - 10/08/02 10:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

sometimes, when in a certain state of mind, if I stare at a wall it will breathe at me.
I think that's happened before I ever tripped though.
I don't know if it can be called a flashback or not?
it's weird though

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: flashbacks? [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #942732 - 10/08/02 11:50 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Flashbacks caused by mushrooms are the same thing as flashbacks caused by any other experience which is really intense. I've had a few, nothing scary. I go a little out of it and I see this grid pattern over my entire visual field. I only see random points on the grid which are accented as multicolor moving points. Kind of like an electrical impulse traveling along a wire. I like them. They make me happy. I hear some pretty wild shit from people though. Urban horseshit never ceases to amaze me. Maybe the next time I eat acid (God willing in the very near future) I will turn into a glass of fucking oj...

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Edited by mr_minds_eye (10/08/02 11:52 AM)

Anonymous

Re: flashbacks? [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #942748 - 10/08/02 11:56 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Any psycedelic can give you flashbacks. I've gotten flashbacks from mushrooms. Erowid says, and I have experienced, flashbacks are purely psycological. The only time I've had one is after a weight/conditioning session that puts me on the verge of passing out - this kind of stress can easily cause flashbacks.

Offlinephishytrip
Gillious Supreme
Male User Gallery

Loc: AZ, USA
    #942853 - 10/08/02 12:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

my expeirance with flashbacks is wierd...sometimes i get mild hallucinations like when your tripping and things are expanding and contracting but only for a few minutes...nothing too intense like alot of people rave about...ive done alot of drugs so to say its from shrooms or from anything is not accurate, but i do believe flashbacks exist...also sometimes i hear things

--------------------
Eram quod es; eris quod sum

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: flashbacks? [Re: phishytrip]
    #942894 - 10/08/02 12:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i hear things too, but i'm a little crazy.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag