Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevictoryou
victor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bucharest Romania Flag
lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks?
    #23140497 - 04/21/16 01:22 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

how does shrooms flashbacks compare to acid ones?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: victoryou]
    #23140517 - 04/21/16 01:29 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure it's only LSD that's been claimed to cause flashbacks, I've also heard and believe I've read a study claiming flashbacks themselves are a myth and don't happen at least not from psych use, I've personally never experienced one from either and I've tripped at least 10 times on both, I did however develop mild HPPD for a few months after tripping on heavy doses of LSD too frequently but that went away luckily.

InvisibleLSDollar
Trans-female

Loc: Up Up and Away Flag
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #23140539 - 04/21/16 01:40 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I have never gotten flashbacks and have dozens of trips of each.

I have noticed, im not sure if its hppd, but I do get CEVS nearly every night when I go to sleep. If i smoked weed that day/recently before going to sleep they get more intense, patterns, i have seen faces, almost like a dream its that AMAZING.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#23140637 - 04/21/16 02:09 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SirShroomsAlott said:
....I've also heard and believe I've read a study claiming flashbacks themselves are a myth and don't happen at least not from psych use...

^this...

I honestly do not believe flashbacks are a thing. Sure some HPPD or other disturbances in one's field of vision might persists after tripping. Or if one has a traumatizing trip and ends up with PTSD as a result of a bad expereince whilst tripping, that might cause someone to have "flashbacks" to the trauma, which are probably more so just panic/anxiety attacks rather than being randomly immersed in psychedelia.

I've always called bull shit on the so called flash back, even before I took psychedelics I was hesitant to believe such things.

And not that it matters....but I've been taking psychedelics for about a decade now, have had well over 100 trips with all sorts of psychedelics, never any sort of flashback.

...my 2 cents.

-OM

--------------------

Offlinetrippyfish
Explorer
 User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: openmind]
    #23140819 - 04/21/16 03:01 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I've experienced flashbacks from the each. I've only experienced this thrice:
Once after months of an indulgent psilocybin phase - standing above tiles next to a pond I would commonly go by while tripping the ripples of the pond expanded onto and through the tiles - this only persisted for a second before my brain stopped tricky on itself
I have another experience of having lsd or 25i like visuals on the toilet (where I would normally start peaking, acid makes me gassy...) also didn't last for more than a few seconds
I think flashbacks are a result of your subconscious learning how to play tricks on itself, it takes frequent use to get there though, I was tripping a couple times a week for almost a year

--------------------
"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain

OfflineTrypto-Fan
Warrior
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: trippyfish]
    #23141180 - 04/21/16 04:55 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Been tripping every week for nearly 2 years.

Never had a 'flashback'.

:/

OfflineTheWiseElf

Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: Trypto-Fan]
    #23142229 - 04/21/16 09:08 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I get DMT flashbacks my whole mouth will flare up with the taste of goo. That and sometimes I see Latin letter shadows creeping on the wall. The DMT flashbacks is more real than not real though something I just can't put my finger on. I got really high yesterday and I was seeing glowing letters on my wall in Latin (I think) idk what it means though :shrug:.

--------------------
:dancingbear: :acidcat:

OfflineUniverse
Friend

Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: TheWiseElf]
    #23142274 - 04/21/16 09:19 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I've tripped tons of times going back to 1980. Never had anything that I would consider to be a "flashback". Never had a wet dream either. Highly doubtful that either really exist.

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: Universe]
    #23142443 - 04/21/16 09:52 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Large doses will certainly mess you up for a short amount of time after. I remember taking too much LSD once and I was sketchy for about 2 months. Things just weren't quite right in my head.

Flashbacks? No. Never had one. Going from completely sober to tripping total nutsacks and you didn't take anything? I just don't think it's possible to have a full blown hallucination or experience from nothing unless you're a schizophrenic.

I have found that there are triggers out there we associate within our experiences and they can create mini-MINI episodes of tripping. Like the words on the page might be tough for you focus on but you haven't tripped in over a month. For me it's a Jimi Hendrix album in my room. 7/10 times I can usually see it move around similar to a shroom experience, but not nearly as intense. Same thing with LSD. I used to trip on the beach a lot and everytime I go under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel I have this feeling of euphoria I can't actually feel but I know it's there.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: LRG] * 1
    #23142596 - 04/21/16 10:26 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Well what happens is LSD stays in your spinal fluid and if you crack your neck right you get a flashback

:lol:

Ive heard tons of stuff like this before. Short of HPPD I dont think flashbacks are a real thing in healthy people. Goverment propoganda.

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: mushpunx]
    #23143140 - 04/22/16 01:47 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I've been tripping since the mid 90's, no flashbacks here. No-one I'd believe has ever told me they had one either. :shrug:

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Invisiblescragins
I'm a teapot

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: Northerner]
    #23143188 - 04/22/16 02:21 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

With about 10 or so lsd trips under my belt, I've never had a flashback. However, my vision has changed for sure. Especially my peripheral vision which is more focused.

It's hard to explain, best way is I suppose I'm under a constant extreme microdose of lsd.

--------------------
Be the change you wish to see in this world

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: scragins]
    #23143336 - 04/22/16 05:20 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Off topic... Im so jealous of you Aussies. Nice lookin country!

--------------------

AMU Q&A

Invisiblehowsyournaggerdoin
Happy

#23143344 - 04/22/16 05:29 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Sometimes I remember the taste of cactus tee and cringe uncontrollably. Never got anything from LSD or shrooms tho

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: mushpunx] * 1
    #23143350 - 04/22/16 05:35 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mushpunx said:

Crap drugs, over policed, no rights, poor consumer choice and expensive. Nice having free education and healthcare though.

All that said, yeah it is nice on the eyes.

--------------------

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

#23143355 - 04/22/16 05:41 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
Quote:

mushpunx said:

Crap drugs, over policed, no rights, poor consumer choice and expensive. Nice having free education and healthcare though.

Hmm. Sounds like the states. Except in NY we have good drugs. Oh but we cant afford to go to school or the doctor :lol:

--------------------

AMU Q&A

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

#23143367 - 04/22/16 05:53 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mushpunx said:
Quote:

Northerner said:
Quote:

mushpunx said:

Hmm. Sounds like the states. Except in NY we have good drugs. Oh but we cant afford to go to school or the doctor :lol:

You've got no idea how cheap things are and how good consumer choice is in the States compared to here. Actually have a bill of rights too... We have the right to shut the fuck up and obey any law they decide to implement, and they're making them up like breakfasts. Privatised healthcare must be fucked though. Thank God for the sTORe.

--------------------

Offlinenuentoter
conduit
Male User Gallery

#23143382 - 04/22/16 06:06 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Certain songs will trigger a memory of a trip and occasionally I will get a few seconds of "trippy" feeling. But nothing I would call a "flashback".

--------------------

The geometry of us is no chance. We are antennae, we are tuning forks, we are receiver and transmitters of all energy. We are more than we know.  - @entheolove

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for"  - Georgia O'Keefe

I think the word is vagina

InvisibleSpellbound
PegasusTheFlyingHorse
Female User Gallery

Loc: England Flag
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: nuentoter]
    #23143390 - 04/22/16 06:12 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I had lsd and shrooms many many times from the mid 90s, never had a flashback, always wondered what they were we have all heard of them 'dont do psychs you get flashbacks later' never had a thing.

Only thing ive ever had, is when im very tired or stoned, on rare occasion i can get very mild tracers off say a joint or something, but nothing like tracers when tripping.

--------------------
Mescaline Tea - the one singular occasion of my entire life I cooked for 9 hours :lmafo:

The trick is to be yourself, in a world trying to make you like everyone else :heart:

OfflineTheWiseElf

Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: Spellbound]
    #23143499 - 04/22/16 07:27 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I see stuff when ive smoked over a gram of bud at once. Its usually shadows that  look like symbols. I never see stuff sober though but when im really stressed sometimes my head gets really light and I can taste bud or DMT on my mouth. The letters are only when im stoned but they look like this it usaly glows to.

--------------------
:dancingbear: :acidcat:

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: TheWiseElf]
    #23144231 - 04/22/16 12:39 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

flashbacks are real, i've had one and ive ready many other reports (as you can see in this thread) of people having them.

however, that doesnt mean i agree with using them as a scare tactic to get people afraid of psychedelics. in my all years of ive tripping ive only had one flashback which lasted about 5 seconds and wasn't even necessarily a negative thing (although it was scary at the time cuz i was like "wow flashbacks are real".

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

InvisibleSpellbound
PegasusTheFlyingHorse
Female User Gallery

Loc: England Flag
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: Peyote Road]
    #23144286 - 04/22/16 01:05 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

What actually happens then, do you feel drugged and see hallucinations as you would under the influence, or is it in your head like a memory of a past trip you had? Ive never experienced this.

--------------------
Mescaline Tea - the one singular occasion of my entire life I cooked for 9 hours :lmafo:

The trick is to be yourself, in a world trying to make you like everyone else :heart:

OfflineUniverse
Friend

Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: Peyote Road] * 1
    #23144332 - 04/22/16 01:25 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
flashbacks are real, i've had one and ive ready many other reports (as you can see in this thread) of people having them.

however, that doesnt mean i agree with using them as a scare tactic to get people afraid of psychedelics. in my all years of ive tripping ive only had one flashback which lasted about 5 seconds and wasn't even necessarily a negative thing (although it was scary at the time cuz i was like "wow flashbacks are real".

I see a thread full of people who have never experienced a flashback, and don't buy into the whole idea. Those who say they've had a flashback are skewing the meaning of the term as I understand it.

I've always understood a flash back to be like an actual trip, minus the drugs. The idea being that the stuff still floats around inside us, waiting to make us trip again unexpectedly.

If a wall or floor looks like it's breathing for 5 seconds, that's not a flashback. I can stare at something and make it breathe. If I concentrate I can see patterns in the darkness. It might be something, but it's not an acid flashback.

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

#23144711 - 04/22/16 03:37 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------

Offlinenuentoter
conduit
Male User Gallery

#23144721 - 04/22/16 03:40 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Same here,I do not associate my experiences with a flashback. I think of it more like a fuller experience memory, my brain remembers the event and recalls the association's with it. This happens without psychedelics all the time, remembering a sick grandparent brings a few seconds where I can just about smell a hospital. I think because psychedelics are more involving when it comes to the gives senses, that the recollection of those moments is more involving as well.

--------------------

The geometry of us is no chance. We are antennae, we are tuning forks, we are receiver and transmitters of all energy. We are more than we know.  - @entheolove

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for"  - Georgia O'Keefe

I think the word is vagina

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: nuentoter]
    #23144733 - 04/22/16 03:44 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

IMO, our vision isn't perfect and after engaging is psychedelics people tend to notice the flaws with their vision more and attribute them to their psychedelic use, but before trying psychs the flaws went unnoticed or were considered normal or you just didn't pay them any mind. Visual snow being a perfect example(even though it's technically a symptom of HPPD), I have it VERY slightly if I stare at a big blank surface like the sky or a big white wall, but for all I know it was always there and I only started noticing it after taking psychedelics and trying to notice it.

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

#23144746 - 04/22/16 03:47 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I wish flashbacks were real.

--------------------

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
    #23145163 - 04/22/16 06:15 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Universe said:
Quote:

Peyote Road said:

I see a thread full of people who have never experienced a flashback, and don't buy into the whole idea. Those who say they've had a flashback are skewing the meaning of the term as I understand it.

I've always understood a flash back to be like an actual trip, minus the drugs. The idea being that the stuff still floats around inside us, waiting to make us trip again unexpectedly.

If a wall or floor looks like it's breathing for 5 seconds, that's not a flashback. I can stare at something and make it breathe. If I concentrate I can see patterns in the darkness. It might be something, but it's not an acid flashback.

I am in the third person in this thread claiming to have experienced a flashback and its not even a very long thread. Now lets assume for the sake of argument it is a phenomenon that only effects one in every one hundred psychedelic users.  If that were the case, then consider we have far less 100 replies here you would EXPECT zero responders to have experienced a flashback.

In other words, the fact that you see a thread full of people who have never experienced a flashback only shows that its not something that happens frequently, or to everyone who uses psychedelics, not that it doesn't happen. I was skeptical of the idea before I experienced it myself. I thought it was just anti drug propaganda, and I still think its propaganda in the sense that flashbacks would rank among the least my worries when tripping or advising other people about tripping. However, that does not mean it has no bases in reality.

And I am not talking about mild HPPD symptoms like the wall breathing or seeing colors in the darkness. I get those things too but dont consider them flashbacks. I mean, suddenly flashing back to how you felt when you were deep in a trip. It can and does happen to people.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: Peyote Road] * 1
    #23145202 - 04/22/16 06:28 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

The 2 other posts?

The bloke smoking bud and tasting DMT whilst having hallucinations doesn't count, mj is a hallucinogen and there's clearly something greater going on there.

I've been tripping for decades and met hundreds if not thousands of acid users and never met a (grown up) person who claims to have experienced anything more than a few seconds of random HPPD.

Not calling you a liar man, tens of millions of people have done acid and I'm sure that there could be some who have experienced it... fucking rare though. Unicorn poop type stuff.

--------------------

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
    #23145232 - 04/22/16 06:40 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Well I should note my flashback happened with weed also, but I still think it counts. Basically I smoked some weed, everything was normal, then suddenly I flashed back to the peak of a San Pedro trip, then I was back to just being high on weed.

--------------------

OfflineWhyDidiDoThis
Bay Area Mushroom Collector
Male User Gallery

Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: Spellbound]
    #23145251 - 04/22/16 06:45 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Spellbound said:
What actually happens then, do you feel drugged and see hallucinations as you would under the influence, or is it in your head like a memory of a past trip you had? Ive never experienced this.

Its usually a vision based effect.
specifically when one is bored and zoning out or in a very very active very good conversation. Or anything that gives you a sense of euphoria.
And another one is a surroundings hallucination. Like something you hear triggers a delusional belief that one pretty much accepted as near religion, then you can feel that im lost we're all really god, this isn't really that real feeling. For me.

have had 4.

Offlineikku
Stranger

#23150434 - 04/24/16 03:08 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
Quote:

Universe said:
Quote:

Peyote Road said:

I am in the third person in this thread claiming to have experienced a flashback and its not even a very long thread. Now lets assume for the sake of argument it is a phenomenon that only effects one in every one hundred psychedelic users.  If that were the case, then consider we have far less 100 replies here you would EXPECT zero responders to have experienced a flashback.

In other words, the fact that you see a thread full of people who have never experienced a flashback only shows that its not something that happens frequently, or to everyone who uses psychedelics, not that it doesn't happen. I was skeptical of the idea before I experienced it myself. I thought it was just anti drug propaganda, and I still think its propaganda in the sense that flashbacks would rank among the least my worries when tripping or advising other people about tripping. However, that does not mean it has no bases in reality.

And I am not talking about mild HPPD symptoms like the wall breathing or seeing colors in the darkness. I get those things too but dont consider them flashbacks. I mean, suddenly flashing back to how you felt when you were deep in a trip. It can and does happen to people.

:whathesaid:

Everyone seems to be talking about visual phenomena - that's either nothing at all or HPPD but it's not what is meant by "flashback." I experienced a flashback to my first LSD trip about 6 months or so afterwards. I was smoking pot and suddenly, I felt as if I were back in the middle of that trip. I felt very manic, and I also remembered a lot of thoughts I had during the trip but I must have blacked out. The thoughts made me very VERY uneasy, and suddenly I was having them again. It felt panicky and anxious and shitty. And similar to what the poster just above me called a "surroundings hallucination" where something in the environment triggers a memory of a grandiose delusion. I definitely think flashbacks are real - they are psychological, not physiological in nature.

--------------------
Thanks shroomery!

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: ikku]
    #23151383 - 04/24/16 08:10 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

right they are psycological, has nothing to do with the drug storing in your spine and then being released lol, its flashing back to a certain state of mind.

--------------------

OfflineWhyDidiDoThis
Male User Gallery

#23151986 - 04/24/16 11:42 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Peyote Road is 100% correct.
Know when you are about to eat something spicy,  and you know its spicy your mouth salivates.. thats your brain with tripping too,

OfflineTrypto-Fan
Warrior
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: ikku] * 1
    #23152258 - 04/25/16 03:26 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ikku said:
I experienced a flashback to my first LSD trip about 6 months or so afterwards. I was smoking pot and suddenly, I felt as if I were back in the middle of that trip.

"I took a psychedelic drug, and felt like i was tripping"

:whippedcreamhead:

I do agree with what you said for the most part though.
'Flashbacks' in the sense that you're gonna randomly full on trip at some point because some L 'stayed in your system' is full on BS.
Having some kind of associated memory which brings back the feelings of a trip is fully possible, but why even label it 'flashbacks'. This shit happens all the time in normal life, like when you smell the freshly cut grass for the first time in spring and you get a rush of the feelings of last spring/summer, or when you hear a song you haven't heard for ages and that brings back the feelings of a long past time.

When you've opened up to tripping, weed is gonna have the effect of putting you back there, no doubt! It is a psychedelic.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

#23152329 - 04/25/16 04:48 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mushpunx said:
Well what happens is LSD stays in your spinal fluid and if you crack your neck right you get a flashback

This is true. I learnt this when i was a kid. This is because of strychnine. This is very similar to how ecstasy puts holes in your brain. powerful stuff :themoreyouknow:

Offlineikku
Stranger

Re: lsd flashbacks vs shrooms flashbacks? [Re: Trypto-Fan]
    #23152470 - 04/25/16 06:56 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Trypto-Fan said:
Quote:

ikku said:
I experienced a flashback to my first LSD trip about 6 months or so afterwards. I was smoking pot and suddenly, I felt as if I were back in the middle of that trip.

"I took a psychedelic drug, and felt like i was tripping"

:whippedcreamhead:

I do agree with what you said for the most part though.
'Flashbacks' in the sense that you're gonna randomly full on trip at some point because some L 'stayed in your system' is full on BS.
Having some kind of associated memory which brings back the feelings of a trip is fully possible, but why even label it 'flashbacks'. This shit happens all the time in normal life, like when you smell the freshly cut grass for the first time in spring and you get a rush of the feelings of last spring/summer, or when you hear a song you haven't heard for ages and that brings back the feelings of a long past time.

When you've opened up to tripping, weed is gonna have the effect of putting you back there, no doubt! It is a psychedelic.

Well I would disagree that weed is even remotely psychedelic, but then we're getting into an argument over the meaning of "psychedelic" which is off topic.

I think it's fine to label the experience a flashback, in the case of "sober flashbacks" like you mention with cutting the lawn or hearing a song. But a flashback to a particularly difficult psychedelic experience is a much bigger deal than cutting the lawn or hearing a song. I may have understated how -awful- the flashback experience was for me. I flashed back to a feeling that everything I ever knew was wrong, that I was about to die, that the world/universe was about to end, that reality itself was about to undo itself. I've never felt that way from just smoking pot, it was definitely deeply tied to the emotions and thoughts of a -specific- trip I had some months prior, not just some vague "psychedelicness" because my mind was open to tripping and I was high.

I wouldn't call it a flashback either unless I felt that word evoked exactly the feelings I want it to evoke when I share that experience.

--------------------
Thanks shroomery!

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

#23156054 - 04/26/16 06:21 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Weed is a psychedelic and a psychotic by definition, that's just how it is. Same as alcohol is a depressant. That's physical classes of drugs, not how they make you feel necessarily.

--------------------

Offlineikku
Stranger

#23157705 - 04/26/16 03:55 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

"Psychedelic" is not a physical classification of drugs and actually isn't really a scientific term.

The closest scientific term to psychedelic would be "hallucinogen" which includes many non psychedelic drugs like say, PCP. If you want to talk about actual chemical classifications, most psychedelics are either phenethylamines (mescaline, 2c-x, DOx, etc), tryptamines (DMT, psilocin), or lysergamides (LSD, LSA, etc). THC does not fit into any of those categories.

Anyway as I stated, this discussion is off-topic and just a game of semantics. You know as well as I do that smoking marijuana (even in high quantities) does not produce an effect anywhere near the effect of a strong psychedelic drug.

--------------------
Thanks shroomery!

InvisibleKenInVic
Hey Bulldog
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Stone from the Sun Flag
    #23159813 - 04/26/16 11:39 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I once toyed with the idea of suing Stanley Owsley because I wasn't getting the free flashbacks they promised.

--------------------
***My SGFC***  ***ID Mushrooms Here***
Pondering the question, "Are we all here, because we're not all there?"

"Because something is happening here, but you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones."  Ballad of a Thin Man by Mrs. Zimmerman's little boy, Bobby.

OfflineWhyDidiDoThis
Male User Gallery

#23160100 - 04/27/16 01:54 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ikku said:
"Psychedelic" is not a physical classification of drugs and actually isn't really a scientific term.

The closest scientific term to psychedelic would be "hallucinogen" which includes many non psychedelic drugs like say, PCP. If you want to talk about actual chemical classifications, most psychedelics are either phenethylamines (mescaline, 2c-x, DOx, etc), tryptamines (DMT, psilocin), or lysergamides (LSD, LSA, etc). THC does not fit into any of those categories.

Anyway as I stated, this discussion is off-topic and just a game of semantics. You know as well as I do that smoking marijuana (even in high quantities) does not produce an effect anywhere near the effect of a strong psychedelic drug.

By definition some of weeds' effects could be categorized whith Psychedelics.
I believe THC is quite a Serotonin effector.

Beyond that i heard of a first timer smoking like no tommorow with his friends, and suddenly was hit with OE fractal vision and it lasted around an hour and went on to explain this very deep meaningful profound unity everything feeling.

Edited by WhyDidiDoThis (04/27/16 01:55 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale