Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: how can i stop my friend from being a shroom adict?
    #93796 - 06/04/00 12:35 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

go to hell.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#93798 - 06/04/00 12:36 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

those beast master movies were the lamest.

OfflineEvery1ShouldBAble2Post
Carpal Tunnel
    #93799 - 06/04/00 12:38 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Good question, don't get mad about responses like that. Tell him you are worried about him becomming addicted. I don't think shrooms are physically addictive but I can see why you don't want him to get mentally addictive. I've seen the same thing from acid heads. Anyway drugs aren't worth doing all the time. It may sound crazy but they aren't. Drugs should only be used after important things are done.

OfflineBeastMaster
journeyman

Loc: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
    #93800 - 06/04/00 07:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i see your point but he also likes XTC and acid too. so what about those?.....and to sean the name is not from the movies it's a nickname i have gotten over the years for being angry.

------------------
BeastMaster

--------------------
"The Beast is here and he's going for the cake. Stop him!"

Anonymous

#93801 - 06/04/00 07:52 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I think a lot of more moderate users at one point or other did a couple weeks of shrooming every weekend, especially when they first become available. There is a good chance he'll mellow on his own.

Maybe come up with something else to do on weekends, if he is just doing it then. But thats not really your job. If you are participating in his shrooming and you think he should slow down, you can disrupt his usage by not participating however you are.

Offlinebomb
old hand
    #93802 - 06/04/00 07:57 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

8g!!!

Have him give a trip report before you talk him out of shrooming!

Offlinewacamaster
    #93803 - 06/04/00 07:57 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

He will eventually have some sort of trip that will allow him to realize he needs to stop for a while. At least that happens to me and my friends.

------------------
Oddities: There is no such thing as size, only proportionalities created by the brain.

Anonymous

#93804 - 06/04/00 08:39 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Look, shrooms are shrooms. You know that mother nature will always be the producer. Acid on the other hand is man-made and can be botched, therefor its more dangerous in that respect. If your friend likes to do drugs, first try and get him to sway more towards the organics (marijuana, shrooms, peyote). Do what you want, but that's just my two cents...

------------------
"You can turn your back on a friend but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye."

Anonymous

#93805 - 06/04/00 08:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds more like a craving to me. Not an addiction. Maybe not such much a craving to "get high", but something else.

When I first grew, back in '77 or '78, I was eating them daily. Figuring half my body weight was the toxic level, I thought I had nothing to lose. But the reason I was shroomin constantly started diminishing over a short period of time. My dosage was increasing exponentially, so it wasn't just a tolerance thing.

Turns out I was really looking for something spiritual that the shrooms merely pointed me in the direction of. To this day I'm still looking for the same thing. I feel closer but I know I'll never get to my final destination. But the journey is the most fun part anyway. I know that sounds like some kind of "burned-out hippy shit", but that's the way I feel.

There are many ways to keep looking. I think that same goal is sought by (some)Christians going to church, an Arab praying to Allah, a Poet cranking out a new verse or a Physicist looking for a smaller particle. It helps give meaning to your life.

If your friend likes to read, why don't you stop at a good bookstore and get him/her a good book. Something deep and "cosmic". Put some thought into it and maybe recruit the help of someone working at the bookstore (they get-off on doing that). Could be anything from philosophy to cosmology to the occult. Try and stay away from crap like tarot and astrology though.

You know your friend best, you'll find something they can get into. Or, you might do a search here on "books". A lot of my favorites have come up in previous posts.

It might be the greatest gift they ever get. What was that line from The Matrix, something similar to '... shrooms can show you the door, but you must be the one to walk thru...' Or something like that :smile:

Anyway, that's what I think our little funguys have taught me.

OfflineBeastMaster
journeyman

Loc: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
    #93806 - 06/04/00 10:13 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i see what your all saying and i understand now... i'l keep looking to see if it get's any worse and if it gets to a point i don't like then i'll get involved.thanks for your input on the subject... :biggrin:

------------------
BeastMaster

--------------------
"The Beast is here and he's going for the cake. Stop him!"

Anonymous

#93807 - 06/08/00 01:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

im sorry, but this is one of the worst posts i've heard in a while,
first off, your friend enjoys shrooming, and the fact that you shroom with him doesnt help him stop and makes you one of the biggest hypocrites i've ever seen.

secondly, you and your friend have issues if you're doin them every week, shrooms are not a random drug. Alcohol you can get drunk, and do that every weekend without even thinking about it, however shrooms demand respect! they are the safest drug when used by a safe mind, but when abused (IE. dosing without preparing) they can destroy a mind and soul!

be careful with what you are playing with, shrooms are fun, but they can also be very dangerous when abused,

my $.02
later

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience