Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Greatest trip album EVER!!!
    #93373 - 05/10/00 07:06 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Your damn right Midway, people need to start looking at new stuff (even though I really like Pink Floyd, The Doors, etc.) and get to notice some of the bands that are'nt really discovered yet! A techno song that my cousin has his really trippy, it's called Samaurai by Juno Reactor.

------------------
Take it easy!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#93374 - 05/10/00 07:06 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Your damn right Midway, people need to start looking at new stuff (even though I really like Pink Floyd, The Doors, etc.) and get to notice some of the bands that are'nt really discovered yet! A techno song that my cousin has his really trippy, it's called Samaurai by Juno Reactor.

------------------
Take it easy!

OfflineThe Oswego Eclipse
old hand
Loc: Colorado
    #93375 - 05/11/00 10:24 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

The Screen Behind the Mirror is an incredible album. Do you have any idea what opera is playing in the background of the first and second songs?

--------------------
Would you like to find out how Reginold seduced Lolita with a tub of Mayonaise?

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
    #93376 - 05/11/00 12:11 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

One of the most incredable tripping albums i know of is:
ESCM by BT
its has a techno'esc feel to it, but it incorporates alot more.. its amazing the building and peaking that the music goes through.. and the voices... truly amazing..
definately look for it.. its worth it

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Anonymous

#93377 - 05/11/00 02:59 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

One Word -GOA-. Goa trance is music made to trip out to.

Offlineinsaneone
Loc: Canada
    #93378 - 05/11/00 04:08 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

any goa or psy trance is the shit. i havnt heard any recent stuff, but the stuff from 94-98 is great.

also the orb is prety wikkid, slugdub comes to mind

Anonymous

#93379 - 05/11/00 05:31 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

i think that if you ask everyone what the best album to trip to, there answers will be different. each individual likes different music sober so why would it be any different on shrooms? just go with whatever music you like best

------------------
the journey continues

Offlinethe MidWay
Loc: earth
    #93380 - 05/12/00 02:50 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

i can see your point, demon, but i am speaking of a kind of music that is very hard to find, music made by FIERCE trippers, for trippers, about the EXPERIENCE of tripping... the beings that create this kind of Art hold more power than the president or the pope in the worlds created by thier listeners... atmospheric pressure level variations (sounds) have a direct effect on the subtle energy fields (emotions/aura) of the human system... this music is not for entertainment, and it is not always pleasent, but is for the transmutation of the subjective self into the higher nature... for those who are not afraid to let go and wish to GET ON WITH IT.

Forest For the Trees "Dream"
Tool "Aenima"
Amon Tobin "Permutations"

~fictio cedit veritati~

soundmind

Anonymous

#93381 - 05/12/00 05:04 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Most of the new shit that hits the market is so well produced(I mean, even the bands are soooo well produced) that when there music hits your ears, it feels like a f#?%ing sporesyringe is pushed up your ass... The artists of our generation needs to listen to our advice: Turn on, tune in, drop of..
There are some acceptions though:
AIR "Moonsafari"
All the shit with PORTISHEAD is really wicked
They are really soft and tounting when u're all fucked up!!
Alice in chains has got a few really trippy tunes(allthough they've stopped the show)..
Tori Amos allways gets me in a weird mood..
And the almighty Swedish band ROBOT with their superb album "AUTOMAGIC" is the cream in trippi?n...

"I was trippin at home the other day.
Left a note to ma it said.
don't worry i'm only trippin.
nobody cared.
cause nobody noticed."
written by ME

InvisibleStranger
synthetic rthyme
Male
Loc: Texas, USA
    #93382 - 05/12/00 09:41 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

tool is music made by trippers.. they even have a sound clip of this professor talking about how all the greatest music was made by people who were really fucking high... the AEnema albulm is awesome... and the video for one of the songs with all those people with black grainy skin was the most cracked out think i've ever seen while high... omg

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite." Huxley

Anonymous

#93383 - 05/13/00 10:26 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

check it out...midland...those sound like bands worth taking a look at..do you listen to much Widespread Panic..some people have not heard of them..i went to a show...trust me if you go you will never be the same..i have never smoked crack..but the high could not be any better then sitting at a show about a level 3 listen ing to a 20 min. drums/congos..and synt. tunes and the loudest bass i have ever heard..i forgot my name..

Anonymous

#93384 - 05/13/00 12:11 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I would have to say that there is no best trip album, it all has to do with what your preferences are. If your favorite band is metallica then I can almost garuntee that you will love listening to it while on shrooms. Experimentation with different genre's of music while you trip is so much more original than listening to pink floyd or the other "trip" bands. Check out the cd "The Best of Santana" you wont be dissapointed (Not that I'm trying to promote the cd :smile: ) I could of swore I was the drummer last time I tripped. Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is you have to find your own cd to trip off, no one person can tell you what is the BEST to trip off.

[This message has been edited by SCshroomer (edited May 13, 2000).]

OfflineSoulman420
    #93385 - 05/13/00 04:22 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Yo MidWay you are so right music is one of the greatest things ever, wether you are high or not. I try not to judge music because as long as it fills someone with something then it is good, but with all the shit around today it a little scary. what will hapen to music.

Anonymous

#93386 - 05/14/00 04:25 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

where have you been? get into the goa-trance, psy-trance, acid-trance.. if you really want to hear someone who can actually CONTROL your brain waves well simply listen to anything by Simon Posford (Hallucinogen, Shpongle) or other artists like Infected Mushroom, The Pleiadians, Astral Projection, MFG.. well, anything from israel really ; )

Offline'ski
Loc: Canada
    #93387 - 05/14/00 04:50 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

infected mushroom sounds entirely too evil and ...evil for me,
im more into the things like Orb and Orbital
when tripping.
also if you want a real journey song:
The Sunshine Underground by Chemical Brothers, niiiiiice song!

also good: ravi shankar, ATB, Mr. Oizo,
Psychic Deli.

--------------------
Butter the Soul.

Anonymous

#93388 - 05/14/00 08:25 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

methinks tori amos is god shroomin music... especially 'from the choirgirl hotel' cause its so liquidy and visual i think tori amos is very femaale music... if you are male you really have to open yuor mind a lot to appreciate her, jethro tull is good shroomin music but he just makes you want to go into the woods and enjoy nature so you are not going to be indoors for long.
seemee iam drrrunke and i s lovin it!!!
i wish u were as drunk as i yum wine

------------------
~quembel the fox~

Anonymous

#93389 - 05/16/00 03:35 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I am not normally into techno, but while tripping the song "Born Slippy" by Underworld off the Trainspotting soundtrack is amazing. Honestly I can say it blew me away. I'd suggest listening to this song to anyone...

Anonymous

#93390 - 05/17/00 07:34 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

The best tripping album is Pharcydes first album - it is an amazing trip album

Anonymous

#93391 - 05/18/00 12:13 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

"they even have a sound clip of this professor talking about how all the greatest music was made by people who were really fucking high.."

Well he *could've* been a professor! The person talking there was Bill Hicks, a comedian. Tool was friends with him while he was alive.

Bill Hicks is my favorite comedian, and Tool is my favorite band. Both are excellent to trip to, although novice trippers should consider the aggressiveness of Tool's music.

Cheers,
Hush.

InvisibleLargeSimpleDiagram
Male
    #93392 - 05/18/00 07:01 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I love TOOL, but it is very weird music to trip too, and it can influence you in manners which may not be comfortable. In my experience the best album to listen too while peaking is Radiohead: OK computer. The only way to describe it is epic. The music has such a gentle flow, but with screaching undertones. By the end of the album I am usually lost in a liquid world.

------------------
A crowd will contradict it's own audibility -Mr. Bungle

--------------------
Yeah, she's gonna kill me.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies