Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: Platinum]
    #9224799 -

Platinum said:
What... terrence mckenna isnt someone worth knowing about? i dont know, call me ignorant, but i assumed at least like 90% of the people on this forum would at least know the name...

DONT ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME!!!  :crankey:



I know the name, but wouldn't be affected in the least if I didn't. To each his own, some of my best psychedelic experiences came long before I'd heard the names Terrance McKenna, Time Leary, or even Albert hoffman. Actually, the first thing I read about shrooms was that old Time Magizine article from the 50's. (?)


--------------------
I don't use jelly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: AltecLansing]
    #9224819 -

Ya I know the magazine youre referring to, IDK what it is though. I hope you don't think I'm saying IF YOU TRIP YOU MUST KNOW THESE PEOPLE - not by any means. I assumed most people just from being here at these forums would at least know the names. They are brought up all the time. That's all I'm saying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: Platinum]
    #9224825 -

IMO he was entertaining, and nothing more.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: Platinum]
    #9224842 -

Then I rescind my eye roll.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: Platinum]
    #9224845 -

No, I understand what you're saying. :thumbup: I guess I just responded so people don't think these names are mandatory learning.

http://www.imaginaria.org/wasson/life.htm ;  I :heart: Google.


--------------------
I don't use jelly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9224850 -

blewmeanie said:
IMO he was entertaining, and nothing more.



Yes, definitely entertaining. I wouldnt say I completely agree on everything he says, but you have to admit, he does make some good points that make you think. They may have a few flaws, but what do you expect from a man like him?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: Platinum]
    #9224896 -

I think he should have had his own comic book series, it would have been epic.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9225213 -

blewmeanie said:
I think he should have had his own comic book series, it would have been epic.



haha yeah, id read it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: Platinum]
    #9225242 -

Mushroom spores are actually alien creatures sent down to enlighten us, because the god-head was unhappy with our growth as a species?
Pft. TM is cool, but he's just a LITTLE to far out there.


--------------------

j2012b said:
i stuck ice in her ass and pussy
(The above is on the subject of a drug overdose.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: LikeButter]
    #9225397 -

idk i think any theory on our creation sounds a bit retarded.

at least he was thinking about it very deeply haha.


--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #9225599 -

IMO and the majority would agree that sense deprivation in meditation is the most effective method. Especially in relation to how we are conditioned in our culture today. Therefore from my own personal experiences, others personal experiences, and what is should do, it provides a nice wide road with little distraction to embark on. However, if you light a candle or have some source of light to focus on, this is also very effective, sometimes even more.


--------------------
- V

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: Platinum]
    #9225691 -

Platinum said:
haha - i know most of you are joking, but for those who were serious, you couldn't figure out what TM is? Terrence McKenna? I suggest you do some reading... if youre a psychonaut and don't know about him, you're wrong.



I know plenty about Terrence McKenna and have read one of his books (though I forget the title.  It wasn't that good anyway, too many whacked-out assumptions), I just don't take it to the level of automatically associating "TM" with him, I just assumed TM was somebody on here, it would be more reasonable to have an abbreviated nickname for somebody we actually knew and spoke to on the forum.

Don't assume people "need to do more reading" just because they don't share the same idolisation of cliched bedroom philosophy.


--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #9225720 -

Well, if you do the silence part you get to experience the orchestra of the universe.  Some of the most beautiful shit you've ever heard.  It's as if the universe is softly humming directly into your brain, but it's the humming of atoms spinning, as quarks play airy violins and superstrings slowly vibrate basslines.  Then you hear the angels breathe at the lowest threshold of sound and you are constantly straining to hear it, but you never do and you smile because you know some day you will.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #9225755 -

How do you guys get complete darkness and silence anyway?
Curtains never block out all light and closets are really uncomfortable and claustrophobic.
Other than a dark room or isolation tank I think it would be hard to do.
Either way, I definitely want to trip this way. But first I have to trip outside with a group of people, because all my trips to date have been alone.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: SampaJasli]
    #9225762 -

I just lay down in this nice walkin closet I have in my bathroom and close both doors...total darkness.

Too bad that room will be occupied soon :wink:


--------------------
Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing. -Paul Gilbert

I don't know.  I never smoked AstroTurf.  -Tug McGraw, after being asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: SampaJasli]
    #9225773 -

SampaJasli said:
How do you guys get complete darkness and silence anyway?
Curtains never block out all light and closets are really uncomfortable and claustrophobic.
Other than a dark room or isolation tank I think it would be hard to do.
Either way, I definitely want to trip this way. But first I have to trip outside with a group of people, because all my trips to date have been alone.



Close your eyes and wear noise canceling headphones unattached to anything.  :smile:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: sam420]
    #9225786 -

sam420 said:
Platinum said:
haha - i know most of you are joking, but for those who were serious, you couldn't figure out what TM is? Terrence McKenna? I suggest you do some reading... if youre a psychonaut and don't know about him, you're wrong.



I know plenty about Terrence McKenna and have read one of his books (though I forget the title.  It wasn't that good anyway, too many whacked-out assumptions), I just don't take it to the level of automatically associating "TM" with him, I just assumed TM was somebody on here, it would be more reasonable to have an abbreviated nickname for somebody we actually knew and spoke to on the forum.

Don't assume people "need to do more reading" just because they don't share the same idolisation of cliched bedroom philosophy.



Well I mean, it's not sharing idolisation it's just that TM was one of the modern heads of the movement. I don't blame someone for not linking TM with Terence Mckenna, but comon.... if you don't know who he is...red flag if you spend all day on this forum


--------------------
- V

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #9225806 -

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Close your eyes and wear noise canceling headphones unattached to anything.  :smile:



ahh... what a simple solution


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: sam420]
    #9225810 -

sam420 said:
Platinum said:
haha - i know most of you are joking, but for those who were serious, you couldn't figure out what TM is? Terrence McKenna? I suggest you do some reading... if youre a psychonaut and don't know about him, you're wrong.



I know plenty about Terrence McKenna and have read one of his books (though I forget the title.  It wasn't that good anyway, too many whacked-out assumptions), I just don't take it to the level of automatically associating "TM" with him, I just assumed TM was somebody on here, it would be more reasonable to have an abbreviated nickname for somebody we actually knew and spoke to on the forum.

Don't assume people "need to do more reading" just because they don't share the same idolisation of cliched bedroom philosophy.



LOL thats not what im saying. I'm not saying he's right, or he's wrong. I'm not saying I idolize him, nor am I saying anybody should. I'm saying if youre fascinated by psychedelics, then his work is worth reading, if not then youre missing out on some interesting stuff. not necessarily true stuff, or false stuff... just stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: shrooming start to finish alone in darkness and silence [Re: Voido]
    #9225831 -

Voido said:
sam420 said:
Platinum said:
haha - i know most of you are joking, but for those who were serious, you couldn't figure out what TM is? Terrence McKenna? I suggest you do some reading... if youre a psychonaut and don't know about him, you're wrong.



I know plenty about Terrence McKenna and have read one of his books (though I forget the title.  It wasn't that good anyway, too many whacked-out assumptions), I just don't take it to the level of automatically associating "TM" with him, I just assumed TM was somebody on here, it would be more reasonable to have an abbreviated nickname for somebody we actually knew and spoke to on the forum.

Don't assume people "need to do more reading" just because they don't share the same idolisation of cliched bedroom philosophy.



Well I mean, it's not sharing idolisation it's just that TM was one of the modern heads of the movement. I don't blame someone for not linking TM with Terence Mckenna, but comon.... if you don't know who he is...red flag if you spend all day on this forum



exactly. and no, seeing TM doesnt necessarily mean you should think Terrence McKenna, but if you do know who he is, and you see "silent darkness" and "TM" and spend time on this forum, then you should be able to make that connection. TMs huge thing was that everyone should trip in silent darkness at some point... he says it time and time again in many of his lectures. I don't think I've heard a lecture where he hasn't said that. The only one I've heard that he doesnt mention it is when he's tlaking about Timewave Zero

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Advice Needed: Taking Shrooms Before Art Class
( 1 2 all )
SaintR 3,324 23 03/02/18 11:23 AM
by basqueshaman
* weird trespassing situation, advice? Anonymous 1,283 11 11/15/04 11:35 PM
by Crestfallen
* Start of a rap what you think?
( 1 2 3 all )
jamzymc 2,471 47 03/05/18 09:33 AM
by mapleleafmarijuana
* Shrooms found in Afganistan
( 1 2 all )
T0aD 7,742 23 02/20/03 08:39 PM
by cybrbeast
* Dancer in the Dark In(di)go 592 2 03/06/03 04:36 PM
by Ulysees
* My bird hehe just ate some shrooms Bavet 682 3 02/16/03 01:34 PM
by Bavet
* Just finished PoolShark 1,126 10 06/19/08 01:01 AM
by uber_aj
* Tripped on shrooms Weds. while snowboarding...fuckin crazy!! flanders53 6,833 7 01/31/03 07:07 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,696 topic views. 8 members, 33 guests and 89 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.