Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

weird trespassing situation, advice?
    #3365526 - 11/15/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

sitting here thinking as my dogs bark like mad. there is someone outside walking through the woods, which wouldn't be a big deal except I am 21 acres deep away from a road with at least 60 acres in each direction from anyone else's property.

two nights ago while I was gone someone else heard walking through the woods and the person ran off when lights started shining their way. my first suspsicion was hunters, because I have seen dogs wandering up lately. second thought is hikers/hippies :P camping because I am very close to a nationally recognized whitewater area and have camping areas set up close to my house for my & friends personal use. they are always stocked and ready to move in.

I went out early this morning and saw definite shoe-prints from yesterday's early AM rain. I could smell a campfire in the dew. I'm not worried about defending myself at all and I don't think they have malicious intent other than using my firewood. though it bothers me greatly that they ignored the No Trespassing signs. I am a peaceful person in general, I am however prepared to confront them tomorrow morning.

I am wondering how you pubbers would respond to confront this person/persons? any & all input welcomed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePat Bateman, VP
Dr. House's Inspiration
Female User Gallery

Loc: Inconceivable opulence
Re: weird trespassing situation, advice? [Re: Organic]
    #3365555 - 11/15/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i live right by where the projects are getting RE-built. back in their hayday, i would hear ambulances and sirens EVERY night, and often some gunshots, it was often that i would look out my window and see people running across my backyard, it never seemed like anything to me at all, guess because i've always lived here, but others get kinda freaked out about it  :eek:

this shit is still silly fresh up in this piece :penis:

--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #3365564 - 11/15/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'd find them and tell them to leave and I probably wouldn't be very nice about it if they gave me any hell. I probably would carry a gun with me in that situation also, who knows what they are up to. Act like you are out hunting your ground and stumble(sneak) up on them. They won't think much of the gun and won't try anything stupid when they know it's around. If they are decent I would be decent other wise I would get angry and make unfounded legal threats to scare them. I've dealt with plenty asshole tresspassers some of them enjoy making a fuss when they are asked to leave, all have left in my experience with out any scenes but some people like to yell, lots of times we both had guns.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3365581 - 11/15/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't mind, as long as they weren't damaging anything. I might take offense at some hunters shooting deer on my property or suspiciously casing my home for later burglering, though...

Anonymous

Re: weird trespassing situation, advice? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3365608 - 11/15/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, thats mostly what I'm concerned over. All of the whitewater construction has driven the animals my way and I'm overpopulated. I've seen deer, bears, hogs, and wild turkey all year long. Not to mention extreme critter overpopulation (raccoons, etc). I don't even camp out anymore to trip because I don't like having a gun on me when tripping nuts :crazy:

Adom, that is some solid advice alltogether, especially about the gun. I plan on being armed and seeing them first.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: weird trespassing situation, advice? [Re: Adom]
    #3365616 - 11/15/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

remind me never to come visit you un-invited, adom :smile: i guess i understand why you would take a gun with you (in case the people really had foul intent) - but it would certainly freak me out if i went camping with friends where we technically weren't allowed to, and some guy came out waving a rifle at us!

--------------------

Anonymous

#3365624 - 11/15/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

suspiciously casing my home for later burglering, though...

hrmmm I hope not. my lazy ass almost never leaves. maybe I should go release my rottweilers or bring one in for the night.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: weird trespassing situation, advice? [Re: Krishna]
    #3365641 - 11/15/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

'Round these parts, there's lots of rural places, and their owners sometimes keep shotguns loaded with rock salt, so there's not a lot of trespassing being done...

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: weird trespassing situation, advice? [Re: Krishna]
    #3365655 - 11/15/04 06:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't wave it around, or point it at anyone unless they were doing the same it would just be on me pointed safely towards the ground with the safety on and my hands no where near the trigger.
If it wasn't hunting season I probably wouldn't even carry one.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: weird trespassing situation, advice? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3365661 - 11/15/04 06:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's done here also. I live in bum fuck Iowa.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3365695 - 11/15/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

id go out ready to defend myself but i would be realyl chearfull about it. never know may meet some new friends.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: weird trespassing situation, advice? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3367146 - 11/15/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I live in a rural area too. I have also had problems with people trespassing around in my acreage. I'm nice if it's just kids who want to explore, but there are some cases in which I am not so friendly. I feed the birds outside every morning, and I have wild turkey that will come into my backyard to eat often. When I find hunters on my property shooting the turkeys that I feed, it pisses me off. I have signs and everything, but to some folks, that just doesnt mean anything. I always have some type of firearm on me whilst dealing with adult trespassers, but never visible. In short, courtesy can go a long way in these situations, but if they get snippy you have options....

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom