Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCode
addict
Re: WANTED: Your input on co2 injection into grow chamber
    #92030 - 01/22/00 05:22 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I think that to do it properly would require a high quality CO2 sensor (which cost a couple hundred bux), and experimentation to determine the optimal level.

Also, I'm curious what you would plan on using for a CO2 source? I don't know how much CO2 a bunch of mushrooms go through, put it seems like anything short of a 40 cuft tank would require constant replenishing.

Some day I want to build a greenhouse in which I can grow plants and mushrooms. Lots of heat, and humidity, and automatic atmosphere regeneration :smile: One giant, walk-in grow chamber.

I am intersted in hearing more about your automated setup though. Details?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
Re: WANTED: Your input on co2 injection into grow chamber [Re: Code]
    #92032 - 01/22/00 05:29 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

link,

your right, I will have to use basically a co2 genarator, or a co2 tank like the size of most air tanks. And I will need the proper instruments to read the amount of co2 in the chamber.....costing a good chunk of change, hence the adding it to the system later...I will and can share details of this setup, I will send you a private message later on the spec and all that good crap once I get a chance, probably later tonight or tomorrow. The overall cost of this system is not cheap and Im still planning it so to speak as this particular setup, as far as I know has not been done, Im getting help and working on this with Ripper, most of the ideas I got for this came from conversations with him. well, details will be in your box later. Thanks for you intrest.

------------------
"To all the weed I've smoked......yo this blunts for you"

"To all the people I've offended.....Yea, FUCK YOU TOO!
~Quote from Eminem~

~PanTrop~

[This message has been edited by PanTrop (edited January 22, 2000).]

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

OfflineCode
addict
    #92033 - 01/22/00 06:25 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Cool, thanks.

I am curious, since mushrooms consume O2 and generate CO2 (I've been told), it seems that the level of O2 would be more important.

I've read that the CO2 levels effect the development, yeilding longer, thinner shrooms, but I assumed that this was due to a lack of oxygen, rather than some effect of the CO2.

Can you describe the effect you are trying to control by injecting CO2?

Offlinegrath
enthusiast
    #92034 - 01/26/00 02:26 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I have found the easiest source of CO2 is a 40 ounce paintball CO2 Tank with a Variable On/Off valve.

OfflinePsilowarrior
enthusiast
    #92035 - 01/26/00 02:33 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

The addition of excess CO2 will only increase the growth rate of PHOTOSYNTHETIC plants. At least that is my understanding. I would be interested in learning where you got this idea.

Offlinelares
    #92036 - 01/26/00 03:00 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Is there something I'm missing here. I myself was thinking about the other route... O2 supply.
One way small scale (closet-sized) CO2 addition could be achieved is by using one of those N2O-powered whipped-cream chargers to release the contents of CO2 cartridges meant for air-guns.

--------------------
"The universe does a math equation that never even ever really is anywhere in it, and if it spouts out creation, we're on the tip of its tongue, and it asks us where we stand." -- Modest Mouse

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #92037 - 01/26/00 04:08 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Read TMC (The Mushroom Cultivator) look at the growth peramiters for the different spicies and you will see that there are needed amounts of co2 at different stages in mushroom growth. That is where I got the idea to use co2.

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract