Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
$11 Filter Fabric Grow Tub Colonizing
    #785953 - 07/30/02 10:37 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

FFGT= Filter Fabric Grow Tub.

Two $5 Mortor Mix Tubs, one on top the other:

$1 worth of Filter Fabric clipped on between Tubs:

5 inches of dung straw/dung combo substrate under Filter Fabric colonizing nicely:

Maybe this should not be posted in Advanced? The Filter Fabric is a new thing? If any Mod wants to, please transfer to wherever is appropriate.

SixTango

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Edited by Anno (11/01/02 06:24 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: $11 Filter Fabric Grow Tub Colonizing [Re: SixTango]
    #786190 - 07/30/02 12:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Your experimenting, and doing a damn good job of it, so this post certainly belongs here.
If you have time, you should consider putting together a series of documents on all the ideas you have tested and their results.

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: $11 Filter Fabric Grow Tub Colonizing [Re: DinoMyc]
    #786330 - 07/30/02 01:56 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Thanx Dino,

I wasn't sure, being a relative newbie & all. For sure, the Raccoon is not advanced. He simply bootstrapped up on all the experiance of others available here.

Looks like the next inovation to make this more practical would be to devise a PVC tube rack to hold the fabric taught & tighltly in place. Possibly, w/sewing machine stitch edges of fabric, into tubes all around, excepting very close to the corners, leaving the corners exposed, so connectors could be applied. Then use small bore PVC & elbow conectors to make the rack, with fabric taught on it. So the fabric can simply lay between the two tubs, yet easy to remove & clean.

Hell, might even place a small hinge between the top & bottom tub?

SixTango

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

InvisibleDarkmoon
Thinker

Re: $11 Filter Fabric Grow Tub Colonizing [Re: SixTango]
    #789412 - 07/31/02 10:53 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yes great idea, Im very interested in this filter fabric Please keep up the good work, and good documentation. Dyno's right it's people like you who keep the excitment level here up and the new ideas rolling out. Please keep us ALL updated on your findings.

And much luck to you!!

Anonymous

Re: $11 Filter Fabric Grow Tub Colonizing [Re: Darkmoon]
    #792784 - 08/02/02 04:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i found tyvek as well as the landscape fabric you're using at lowe's and home depot. Unfortunately the Tyvek only came in a huge roll that costs $140. the landscape stuff was cheaper at 40 bucks. i found a cheaper version by Dupont but i wasn't sure about it. it didn't say polyester. it did say that it stops weeds from germinating.

Also, i found this stuff by Dupont, i think, that is used to water plants while yr on vacation or whenever. it's a roll of flat material that absorbs water. you soak it in water and then lay one end in a basin of water and it will absorb and deliver water to your plants. perhaps one could line the bottom of a growing tray with it...leave it sticking out the side through a cut out slit and add water and nutrients to the substrate as it needed it? it could also be used to deliver humidity to a growing chamber?

Edited by Anonymous (08/03/02 10:52 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology