Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBleuboxo
enthusiast
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: PSILOCYBE AZURESCENS INDOOR GROW GUIDE
    #295770 - 04/22/01 09:46 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

actually, the title should change, but i just wanted to introduce my notebook of every little step. i wrote it down better this time, a little longer but way more effective. here it is seperated into 4 parts. if it does work, this is going to be my method. any feedback would be appreciated also.

INDOOR CULTIVATION OF PSILOCYBE AZURESCENS PROJECT ONE:

Materials Needed:

agar - www.fungiperfecti.com
alder woodchips - www.fungiperfecti.com
aluminum foil - grocery store
crushed oyster shells - pet store
crushed pinecones - mother nature
dry malt extract - www.brewguys.com
fish/seaweed fertilizer - www.neptunesharvest.com
grass seed - garden store
hydrated lime - garden store
large pot - kitchen store
lighter - 7-11
lysol - grocery store
microwave - sears
old pillow case - bedroom store
peat moss - garden store
petri dishes - www.fishersci.com
plastic storage containers - grocery store
plastic wrap - grocery store
refrigirator - sears
quart jars - walmart
scalpel - www.fishersci.com
scotch tape - convenience store
spores - www.sporeworls.com
stove - sears
small towel - grocery store
vermiculite - www.homeharvest.com
water - grocery store

PART ONE_ AGAR

Before getting started, you should spray down the petri dishes with lysol to make sure they are sterile. Cook agar and pour into petri dishes. Wait about five minutes before covering up the dishes with plastic wrap. The reason of this not to get any water in the agar due to condensation. Make sure there is no air currents near the dishes. Wait two hours and remove the plastic wrap from the dishes and quickly put the lids on. Tape the lids with scotch tape. Put the dishes in a warm, dark place and wait five days to make sure you don't innoculate spores unto a contaminated dish. After five days, open the dishes and quickly scrape spores on top of the agar with a scalpel. Sterilize with lysol before you use the scalpel. You might want to hold a lighter up to the razor for a couple seconds. Make sure it does not touch anything while it is cooling. Put the dishes back into the same place and wait colonization. Once the agar is 75% colonized, make some new dishes. After the new dishes are done, it is time to start cloning. Sterilize your scalpel and open the colonizing agar dishes. Cut the ropiest, strandiest, and healthiest looking piece of mycelia and place it on top of the new agar. Tape cover shut and place in the same place the old dishes were. Wait for the new dishes to colonize. You can now put the old dishes in the refrigirator, and label them if you want too.

PART TWO_D.M.E.

After the new dishes colonize, its time to start the liquid culture. You will want to poke a small hole in the lids of the quart jars. It should be in the middle and no bigger than 1/4". Have your dry malt extract ready because you are going to mix 5% of it with 95% water. You should have 16 ounces in each jar. Once ready fill a large pot with water with a towel on the bottom. Place it on the stove and heat it up until you see the water at a low-medium boil. Place the jars inside the pot and let them sit in the boiling water for 45 minutes. The water should be at height a little lower than the 16 ounce mark on the jar. When the 45 minutes are up, take the pot and place it somewhere off the stove. Wait one day until cooled, settled, and ready to use. Remove the foil and take the lids off. Quickly cut a piece of colonized cloned mycelia from your dishes with the scalpel and just gently put it in the jar. Repeat if using more jars. Cover with aluminum foil directly after that and place them in a warm, dark place. Shake the mixture twice daily and wait until full colonization. You'll know when it is fully colonized when you see pieces of mycelia floating around in the mixture.

PART THREE_WOOD

Leave the jars fully colonized for the moment, it will not harm them. Take your alder woodchips and your crushed pinecones and place them in an old pillowcase. Fill a large pot with water and place it on the stove. Heat it up until you see the water at a low-medium boil. Place the pillowcase full of your wood mix in the pot and leave it in boiling water for an hour. Wait until everything is completley cooled and take the pillowcase out and strain all the water out of it. Place the wood in a container to make sure it dries up a little more. Not to dry, but moist. Now take your jars and open the lids and place a handful of your wood mix in them. Put the lids back on and drain all the D.M.E. from the hole on the lid. Let the wood mix sit for one day. You will see fast mycelia growth on the wood. Spray down your plastic container with lysol and take colonizing wood out of jars and lay it flat in the container. This will be the start of your spawn. Cover up your container with plastic wrap to make sure the moisture stays inside. Leave the containers in a warm, dark place until full colonization. Now you will want to make some more sterile wood mix and place it on top of the colonized wood. Make sure its about 2" deep. Wait until full colonization of the new wood mix.

PART FOUR_CASE

Leave your containers fully colonized at the moment, it will not harm them. Take a piece of cardboard and cut it into 3" squares. Soak it overnight in water. After you want to empty the water out and lay the cardboard pieces all over the colonized wood. Wait until this colonizes. After the mycelia have fully colonized the cardboard, make some new wood mix to lay on top of the cardboard. Wait until the new wood mix has colonized. While that is colonizing, take 15 cups of vermiculite and 15 cups of peat moss and mix it together in an old pillowcase. Fill a large pot with water and place it on the stove. Heat it up until you see the water at a low-medium boil. Place the pillowcase of your case mix in boiling water for an hour. Wait until everything is completly cooled and take the pillowcase out of the water and strain it. Put your mix in a metal pan and place it in the oven at 300 degrees. Once you see it drying, take it out and wait until it is at room temperature. Place your mix in a plastic container and add 2.4 cups hydrated lime and 5 cups of crushed oyster shells. Mix together real well because most of the crushed oyster shells tend to fall at the bottom. Leave this on the side for now. Take your fish/seaweed fertilizer and mix 2 tablespoons of it to a gallon of water. Use as much of this mix to rehydrate the casing mix. Make sure its not too wet, just moist. Take your containers full of your colonized wood mix and cardboard and sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of grass seed everywhere. Take your casing out and spread evenly across the containers. Induce fruiting by placing containers in the refrigirator. Give pinheads 4 hours light a day and mist every other day to make sure the mycelia does not dry out. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

B Leu B oxo

--------------------
" Insanity is just a thread of reality...the make-as-you-go part of living, the bare second reflex of dying _Stavros Christou... by_"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBleuboxo
enthusiast
Re: PSILOCYBE AZURESCENS INDOOR GROW GUIDE [Re: Bleuboxo]
    #299322 - 04/22/01 09:55 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

this method is actually a bunch of different ones all together. i took the best methods i heard for agar and compared them and tried them. that was by far the best one. the liquid method is also great instead of pouring all the liquid into substrate you can just have the mycelia cling on the wood and you dont waster perfectly good mycelia to bacteria since of the 16oz. direct liquid method. the wood has changed because pinecones seem to work for everybody who has ever tried them plus in wild bohemicas, azurescens, cyanescens all seem too love them too. and sterilizing everything is even a greater chance to reduce contaminants. casing soil method is from ryche. the mix i got off his website but its the best casing ive ever used so im sure azures will like it too because of the nutrients. plus ive added some fish/fertilizer in there also too give them some extra nutrients. im putting this in the casing soil too see how it goes. im not guaranteeing anything for this method but its better if you want to grow azures indoors which i do, to keep track of everything and see where the problem is.

B Leu B oxo

--------------------
" Insanity is just a thread of reality...the make-as-you-go part of living, the bare second reflex of dying _Stavros Christou... by_"

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #299348 - 04/22/01 10:33 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Why don't you see if it works before you post it. your title makes it appear as though it is a tested tek (we already have plenty of unproven azure teks)

Many great cultivars have attempted practically the exact same thing with narry a result. Except for one feable success from BIO. I think there's more goin on here than can be replicated easily in refridgerator.

To all considering this, I'd wait for results. It didn't work for me back in the day, and I'd be surprised if it worked now.

Sorry and skeptical
-mycofile

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi (also a registered mad scientist tm)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleDirtmaster
addict
Re: PSILOCYBE AZURESCENS INDOOR GROW GUIDE [Re: mycofile]
    #299553 - 04/23/01 07:31 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

word

posting lengthy speculative shit sucks

and i think bio in the end admitted that it was a case of misidentification, from mislabeled spores from jlf. it was actually a poisonous species if i remember correctly. way to go jlf!

OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
Re: PSILOCYBE AZURESCENS INDOOR GROW GUIDE
    #301925 - 04/25/01 05:23 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I think it would be quite a liability if JLF sold poisonous mushroom spores as azures, especially if someone did fruit them successfully and then ate them...;(

I appreciate the time to type this up....thanks dude. You should change the title if you can though...present it as a possibility...

The info in it does not apply just to azures...the liquid culture and agar information could be applied to any species..., so this deserves a little more praise.

I emptied my bladder
at the top of a tower
and pee'd on the earth below...
...Fuck You, World!

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

OfflineBleuboxo
enthusiast
Re: PSILOCYBE AZURESCENS INDOOR GROW GUIDE [Re: oOjonahOo]
    #302173 - 04/25/01 10:15 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

sorry about the title, im just making a practical notebook for my plan. the above guides titles are: SPECULATIONS FOR MY PLANS TO GROW PSILOCYBE AZURESCENS. ideas were copied mostly off the shroomery bulletin boards and various other methods. i want to change part one and two. my new method would be to colonize about 36 quart jars of rye grain through DME 2cc a jar. Ive tried this before with bohemicas and cyanescens and the growth rate was faaaaaster than any other grain/flour/seed/ ive used. so i dont know if the rye will work with azurescens im just going to try it anyways with a couple of jars and see how it goes. thanks to all that support this i will guarantee posting results if they are good or bad. my work is too succesfully fruit the azure. im not going down. peace.

B Leu B oxo

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #739030 - 07/11/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

So, how did it turn out?

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #937227 - 10/06/02 06:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order