Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Growing kratom from seeds. (w/Pics and tek)
    #5458698 -

There has been plenty of viable kratom seeds around latly, i got seedpots today. I noticed there was a contest by shamanspalace in the markedplace also. I got mine seeds from a diffrent source tho. Anyways, so I guess there is a few kratom growing projects going on. Does anyone have a good plan how to germinate them?

I will myself follow this guys method, he had a 40% germ rate with his.
Link to thread @ shaman-australis:
http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9688

Edited by giz (04/15/06 08:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: giz]
    #5516436 -

I have seedlings now. hooray, i can see the start of 4 seedlings so far.. I finnaly have kratom in my plant collection

im so happy, i just noticed

that made my day complete, now its time for a joint to celebrate

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: giz]
    #5518245 -

Here is how I did it. I used this plastic box with a half clear transparant top as they need light to germinate.



The container has vermiculitte in the bottom. What I have done is pouring hot water (45-50C) in small amounts once in a while every day to keep the bottom of the box warm. I have measured the temps and there has been around 30-40C inside the box the whole time. I have had the top of the container off for an hour at least twice a day for air exchange. I have used three diffrent soil mixes in three pots. One is pure potting soil, one is verm and potting soil and the third is seedling\cactus soil. Soil was sterilized first. There are sprouts in all three. Seeds was sprinkled on top of soil.



The seedlings are very small now, so i had bad luck using the zoom on my camera that is not so very good so its unclear. I will update more pics when I get better pics.


Edited by giz (04/15/06 08:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. *DELETED* [Re: giz]
    #5873599 -

Post deleted by StroFun

Reason for deletion: Certain moderators/admins are responsible for me removing any inkling of a legit contribution...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: giz]
    #5875057 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: durban_poison]
    #5875351 -

Beautiful.Was that grown from seed?


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5879580 -

Sweet! Congrats on the success, nice plants. Thanks for sharing. :smile:


--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: giz]
    #5879892 -

omg i would love a kratom plant!!! it seems to be an essential one for me i think. good work durban_poison and diz!!


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: Merkin]
    #5880454 -

Got mine kratom seeds from shamanspalace :smile: I have 8 clusters like this, i will remove the ones growing next to the largest one shortly



I found kratom to be fairly easy to grow from seeds


--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. *DELETED* [Re: StroFun]
    #5882428 -

Post deleted by EdgarAllanPoe55

Reason for deletion: Covering Tracks


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: EdgarAllanPoe55]
    #5887212 -

is there a way of obtaining seeds from high quality kratom, because I know not all kratom plants are created equal in the consumer's eye, but as a collecting botanist, I would love to have some seeds that the locals in Thailand would call high quality, but without having to just grow them out and hope my odds are good...is there a source for seeds taken from reputed high quality strains? please pm me.


--------------------
"During evolutionary time, the avenues of possible progress have become progressively restricted, until today only one remains...Man...has been suddenly appointed managing director of the biggest business of all, the business of evolution."

Life begins the day you start a garden.

Check out my trade list in My Journal...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: Delta9Hippie]
    #9185588 -

I recently picked these ups and curious if anyone knows if these pods are good. They are Kratom pods for sure, just not fully developed. Would this affect their germination rate or plant genetics?



The littlest ones of course are the individual seeds, the larger ones are the clusters, and the pods are the balls. They look small though compared to the larger ones in this picture:



They almost look as if they haven't bloomed yet?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: khemi]
    #9187047 -

Yhe ones in the picture are in flower.  Those flowers would probably fall off and the pod would dry up and look like what you have. That's my guess because you do end up witht he seeds form them. 

By the way, I remember this thread when it was new.  The pods sold then were different then these.  They were sold by all the major suppliers I knew of as m. speciosa.  That includes the source where that picture is from.  The plants from those pods were certainly a species of mitragyna and tasted similar, looked similar and even had good effects. But your pods match those in the picture. I always thought that several of those pods mentioned above made up one of the clusters you see in the tree. but now it seems that there were two distinct species at hand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: blazed123]
    #9190889 -

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will germinate.. i scattered a few on some rockwool cubes and a few under a light bed of soil, both inside of a humidity dome for the time being. Is it counterproductive to provide light for the first few weeks while trying to get the seed to germinate? I don't think the ones on the rockwool cubes are going to germinate.. but im trying it anyway. My hope is to get a few kratom plants going in a bubbler. :evil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: khemi]
    #9194010 -

I'd doubt the rockwool too only because they start out so small.  I'd recommend bottom heat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: blazed123]
    #9197492 -

Ok, I think I have one last question here.

I am reading a lot of accounts of people germinating these seeds in a weeks time. The guy I got these from seems to know his stuff, however he said that it takes 3 months for the seeds to germinate. I have read a few other occasions where people are getting them to germinate 3 weeks or so after planting and almost giving up. This guy really seems to know his stuff. Will I be waiting for 3 months and if so, is overhead light really necessary for this time?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: khemi]
    #9197934 -

The seeds from the tear-shaped type of pod were known for quicker germination.  It still took me more than a week, more like 2 0r 3.  However, everything i've heard about these type of seeds is that it can take a long time and is more difficult.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: blazed123]
    #9198330 -

What about light after sowing? Is it preferred? Planted 3 pods amongst 50 pots, with probably 10-20 seeds per pot (Seed Starting Miracle Grow Potting Mix). I'll be thrilled if one in every pot sprouts. In a few years I'll be beyond thrilled.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing kratom from seeds. [Re: khemi]
    #9199202 -

Yes, light is good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* growing from seeds? aluminum_can 2,301 5 08/06/01 08:48 AM
by CLuB99
* Phalaris growing from seed?? Psilocybeingzz 875 3 05/11/03 02:37 AM
by Wysefool
* Ethno's you all grow? bluelou 3,719 19 04/15/03 08:13 PM
by jojoba
* warning! Your kratom is bunk! Young_but_cool 5,535 9 03/25/03 07:26 AM
by Bilge
* The secret to growing syrian rue from seed
( 1 2 all )
neuro 34,502 27 01/10/16 02:23 PM
by sauroman1
* Cultivating from plants vs. from seeds Twirling 1,457 4 03/26/06 10:27 PM
by wdcf2
* Kratom
( 1 2 all )
shaganoz 3,805 25 12/08/02 11:00 AM
by leafblowerz
* cacti from seeds - growth rate of most popular? felixhigh 4,036 15 08/22/02 06:16 PM
by neuro

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
4,980 topic views. 1 members, 15 guests and 18 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.