Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Cultivating from plants vs. from seeds
    #1861849 - 08/29/03 07:21 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'm really interested in getting my gardening going, and I'm curouis as to whether it's better to use plants or seeds to start out from. Seeds are a lot cheaper, and money is a factor, but a plant has already been started, so it's much easier to start with.

For instance, a Sceletium tortuosum plant costs $15 from bbb, but $20 for 20 seeds. Much more cost effective to get the seeds, but it might be cool to start out with a plant. I'm new to growing almost anything, so I'd apperiate advice on where to start out from. Thanks.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Cultivating from plants vs. from seeds [Re: Twirling]
    #1861901 - 08/29/03 08:29 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Start with seeds and you will get a more thorough experience with whatever you grow. You'll know everything about a plant then- what it needs- it will be your comanion and not someone elses. Plus seeds are cheaper- that is true. Esp. if you are new to growing "almost anything"- growing from seeds will step up your experience to an (obviously) new level. Have fun and send word on some things you're interested in growing for some solid advice.

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #1861927 - 08/29/03 08:51 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Buddhathehut made some good points, for experience, it would probably be a good idea to start from seed.  However, it all depends on what your planning to grow.  Some seeds are easy to get started, others may take their time and will require you're patience.  If you're considering growing cacti, it would probably make more sense to get a cutting, or an already established specimen.  If you believe your source for the sceletium seeds has good viable seeds, I'd probably go with the seeds over the plant.  That's just me though.  Sceletium seeds do require some patience to get going.  But once their established.. It's another story all together!  :thumbup:
Good luck :smile:     

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Cultivating from plants vs. from seeds [Re: ekomstop]
    #1862334 - 08/29/03 12:04 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks guys! I'm planning on growing some of the following:

Short term:
Heimia salicifolia
Wild Dagga
Sceletium
Salvia Divinorum

Long term:
Hawaiian Baby Woodrose
Calea Zacatechichi

Of course, the salvia is by cutting. The hawaiian baby woodrose will be by seeds since I already have a bunch of them. Now if only I could grow blue lotus...

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinewdcf2
Stranger
    #5445506 - 03/27/06 12:27 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

How does everyone like the high from Sceletium, i found it quite the MAOI for mj

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden