Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Paul Stamets, Peat, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: I need a few answers
    #91698 - 01/14/00 03:56 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks moe

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWorkmanV
Psilocybe Microscopist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #91701 - 01/15/00 12:09 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Azure colonization can take awhile and the time it takes depends on several factors such as temperature, spawning rate, moisture level and strain vigor. So, this is going to be a real rough estimate. I would say start now and if it colonizes too early for planting out, just store in the frig or other cool place. If storing is not an option, give yourself 30-45 days for complete colonization. Making sterile sawdust spawn first with grain spawn works better than grain spawn directly to woodchips. The less grain in an outdoor patch the better since vermin will dig in your patch to eat the seeds.

Tampanensis sclerotia: You can form tamp sclerotia by leaving jars of rye grass seed in the dark for 3-6 months. It is just over incubation of regular spawn jars. I prefer fruiting the tamps on seed and casing with a peat/lime casing and treating them just like cubensis. It takes twice as long to pin as cubensis but eventually you will get fruits. Harvest the fruits and when the tray quits fruiting on its last flush, dig in the casing for sclerotia. I really enjoy that part because you don't know what you will get. It is like treasure hunting in the dirt.

Of course fruiting the tamp will give you less (probably much less) sclerotia than if you just left them in the jars. But it is more fun that just leaving inert jars in a closet for half a year.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Anonymous

#91702 - 01/15/00 06:17 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you and I will get started ASAP but what about the tamp jars, filter disks or plain cap?. Also, the mycelium in my dishes is a little off white with brownish tan areas. It looks like stamets picture of tamp mycelium in the bible except more tan. Is this normal?, the strain came from you.

[This message has been edited by The Alchemist (edited January 15, 2000).]

OfflineWorkmanV
Psilocybe Microscopist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #91703 - 01/16/00 12:42 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Filter disk is fine and keep cap covered with foil. Brown mycelium coloration is normal.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Anonymous

#91704 - 01/16/00 08:22 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks again workman, I'll keep you updated and send you some pics for your page. Later

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Paul Stamets, Peat, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology