Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDiarYofaMadmaN
BeaverAndButtcoat
eating shrooms puts a toll on you?
    #1444382 - 04/09/03 07:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'v known people who have told me that they aren't going to eat shrooms anymore because it makes them droggy, burnt, and their body just can't handle it anymore.  I noticed after my first shroom trip the week after it was hard for me to focus in on things and it would feel like my pupils are dilating from smaller to larger and visa versa and it still feels like it, but I just go on with life and I pretty much got used to the feeling...  I really want to eat my second small harvest after it dries but I'm afraid that it might do harm to my body...  I know there isn't anything wrong with me except my lungs are probably black do to all the weed I smoke heh, but there are no serious health risks that run in my family that I know of except ADD.  Which might be the reason why I can't really focus on anything and I my mind just wonders, but if it's something that I really enjoy I can concentrate on it :-) Like growing mushrooms :laugh: hehe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTRaNcE_TriPPeR
TRaNcE FoRTriPPiNG!
Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: eating shrooms puts a toll on you? [Re: DiarYofaMadmaN]
    #1444474 - 04/09/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I had the same effects after my second trip, but shrooms are perfectly safe for you.  They're not dangerous....your body was probably just exhausted from the inane trip you had from our friend :laugh:  I havn't had the same burnt out feeling since and I've tripped around a dozen times.

--------------------
"GROOVY" - Popular 60's Slang :smirk:

Offlinejimcon202000

Re: eating shrooms puts a toll on you? [Re: TRaNcE_TriPPeR]
    #1444976 - 04/09/03 10:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i have never had said feelings, for that fact the day after i feel great.

perhaps try doesing earlear so you can get some sleep ??

everybody will react diferently

hear you body and do what it tells you!!! that is most inportant

what goes around comes around

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1445021 - 04/09/03 10:54 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

When I used to grow shrooms when I was younger I was really zealous and would eat shrooms as often as possible. My friend and I were tripping 8 to 10 times a month. It was way more then I could handle mentally and physically and put me into an extended depression that I had no reason to be in. My every day life became so mundane that I didn't even want to get out of bed to do anything.

I've mature a lot since thoes days and I learned to respect mushrooms. I find that limiting myself to no more then 6 trips a year allows me to enjoy my trips to a much greater extent and allows me to respect my body's limitation.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineDiarYofaMadmaN
BeaverAndButtcoat
Re: eating shrooms puts a toll on you? [Re: djd586]
    #1445842 - 04/10/03 06:39 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I don't plan on tripping like every two weeks or along that matter. I plan to wait like a few months between my trips, but I enjoyed my last trip a lot and want to try it agian then just stop for a while....

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1446439 - 04/10/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well, if it effects you negatively, then I can't tell you you're wrong, cause you should know, BUT, I think it's very common for people to do drugs and then overanalyze their everyday activity and bodily functions and then come to the conclusion that they aren't perfect and blame it on the drugs. When I first started smoking weed I'd do stuff like run upstairs and then forget what I was running upstairs for and think "Oh no the weed is destroying my short term memory!" And then I'd slap myself and realize that I did this same thing all the time before I ever smoked weed. It's really hard to be objective with this sort of thing. You've got to consider other factors, such as amount of sleep you got and stuff like that.

Offlineunproportionate
undefined line
Re: eating shrooms puts a toll on you? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1447382 - 04/10/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Just for your guys' info, I trip almost every 2-3 days;
Though, for me, ingesting shrooms helps keep my skin clear and folds my hair with a kind of phloresence; furthermore, they loosen up my vocals and geometrically open up the linguistic part of my brain--in-effect, they help become a more sociable, charismatic human being.

The main problem with this is reading, I am not sure how well I will be able to remember things down the road--I read a ton, and it seems to me that I can only read well after 4+ hours of ingestion, so... that is why I cut back.

Edited by unproportionate (04/10/03 04:23 PM)

Offlineicewall
journeyman
Re: eating shrooms puts a toll on you? [Re: unproportionate]
    #1449291 - 04/11/03 09:55 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Just for your guys' info, I trip almost every 2-3 days;
Though, for me, ingesting shrooms helps keep my skin clear and folds my hair with a kind of phloresence; furthermore, they loosen up my vocals and geometrically open up the linguistic part of my brain--in-effect, they help become a more sociable, charismatic human being. 

The main problem with this is reading, I am not sure how well I will be able to remember things down the road--I read a ton, and it seems to me that I can only read well after 4+ hours of ingestion, so... that is why I cut back.

u see its things like that, that make any kind of drug user seem horrible...

IMO u should never NEED a substance to do anything, if u do then u can no longer function like everyone else and am abusing the substance. even weed can cloud ur memory a week after smoking.

the key to an entheogen is to respect it and MODERATION.... the less u use it each month the better it is and the more useful it becomes.

even 1 1/2 years later, my memory still fades me and i feel like i have A.D.D. cuz i loose my concentration easily.  MODERATION!  :smile: 

Offlineunproportionate
undefined line
Re: eating shrooms puts a toll on you? [Re: icewall]
    #1454286 - 04/13/03 04:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You have to remember every drug is unique unto the user.

1) (what the first line of this post is)

2) Your body ALWAYS needs substances-- be it minerals or whatever. Therefore, if i can take a drug that makes me socially a lot more of a person (i say this loosely, it 'exudes' the best charateristics already in me, but to a degree it physically makes me more attractive) then, as long as it is not disabilitating me otherwise, there is no reason I shouldn't be able to take it.

These 'belief' taboos of yours are all shit that mushrooms are this sacred ritual-hot item that must be taken every blue moon. Mckenna did his own thing, I do mine--it is working for me so far. If you have some sort of mushroom regime, then that is your deal. The key is to try it and find out what is best for yourself.

3) the whole part about the less u use it, as proved above, is shit for me personally. BECAUSE it makes me more 'open' and more capable in speaking IT IS ALWAYS USEFUL--i don't know how to explain this, but I am only so attractive, most days I am alright but some days my hair is just better than others. With shrooms, I AM more attractive / most people I meet think so, it is a hell of a drug for me because for most of my life I was usually in the gutter, socially, because I wasn't that good looking. Shrooms do that, but they also flux with my mind, so the overall result is that I am far beyond what I could normally be...

Not to say I always want that though,
and I am moderate (to a degree). But
you can't go slamming people like what
u did to me, when mushrooms have
helped me as much as they continually do.

Anyways, I tend to use my mind a lot
(i read volumes a day, study political economy
as well as organic chemistry
while learning art techiniques as i learn art history
while i write amnesty letters
after I finish exercising (i bike /run everyday of the week)

and it has only gotten
sharper and sharper, and more creative
with the continued ingestion of this drug.

PLEASE DO NOT say it cannot be done or should not,
when EVERY DRUG is unique onto the user.
(there are obvious effects, but the overall direction
is a process between the user and the difference the drug
creates within him/her).

Offlinelogano
Stranger

Re: eating shrooms puts a toll on you? [Re: unproportionate]
    #9151802 - 10/28/08 11:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

unproportionate said:
IT IS ALWAYS USEFUL--i don't know how to explain this, but I am only so attractive, most days I am alright but some days my hair is just better than others. With shrooms, I AM more attractive / most people I meet think so, it is a hell of a drug for me because for most of my life I was usually in the gutter, socially, because I wasn't that good looking. Shrooms do that, but they also flux with my mind, so the overall result is that I am far beyond what I could normally be...

Man you need some help. Shrooms don't make you more attractive. It's only your perception of yourself that's altered. Shrooms should never be used as a self-confidence booster. The fact that you depend on them so much is a typical behavior of an abuser. You have rationalized and made so many excuses to do the drug that its a part of your life now.

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: eating shrooms puts a toll on you? [Re: logano]
    #9153277 - 10/29/08 09:10 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Shrooms, like LSD, always make me feel "jelly-headed" the next day.  If you smoke a lot of weed, you might not notice it.  It eventually wears off, though.

Offlinephaseflux
Stranger than most

Re: eating shrooms puts a toll on you? [Re: 04281969]
    #9153293 - 10/29/08 09:16 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I never felt burnt out or groggy or felt negatively about my health after eating mushrooms, and I've eaten a lot of times I can't really count. I usually eat them around early to late evening, and go to sleep after the trip is all finished, and wake up feeling very refreshed.

One thing unusual that I notice tho is that I seem to be skinnier after the trip is over. I don't know why that is, but after a day or two my body seems back to normal

Offlinekenneld
Stranger
    #9153354 - 10/29/08 09:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

logano said:
Man you need some help. Shrooms don't make you more attractive.

lol

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
    #9153675 - 10/29/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

logano said:Man you need some help. Shrooms don't make you more attractive.

Actually, dilated pupils have been scientifically found to make a person more attractive according to most people.  And I can imagine that all the smiling one does whilst on shrooms might help too, especially for someone who normally doesn't smile much.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: eating shrooms puts a toll on you? [Re: TurricaN]
    #9153893 - 10/29/08 12:03 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yea i actually tell im significantly skinnier but its usually because i don't eat for 7 hours and just keep drinkin water and pissing. as for the grogginess, i feel refreshed the next day as if i got one of the best nights of sleep of my life 20+ times i've tripped i always woke up refreshed

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9153905 - 10/29/08 12:06 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'm curious, but he may not have meant physically attractive. He said he's more happy, social, and w/e. I'm sure his personality/company is more attractive if that is indeed true. Please elaborate unproportionate. How long have you been dosing every few days btw, and how much on average? You've had to of built up a decent tolerance over time.

Invisiblebotha
Male

#9153984 - 10/29/08 12:23 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
Quote:

Actually, dilated pupils have been scientifically found to make a person more attractive according to most people.  And I can imagine that all the smiling one does whilst on shrooms might help too, especially for someone who normally doesn't smile much.

+1

When 2 ppl really love each other, then their both pupils will get big as on shrooms :peace:

OfflineEl Zorro
in heaven
Re: eating shrooms puts a toll on you? [Re: botha]
    #9154192 - 10/29/08 01:23 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

botha said:
Quote:

TurricaN said:
Quote:

+1

When 2 ppl really love each other, then their both pupils will get big as on shrooms :peace:

Mushrooms actually make me taller.
No, wait, they make me shorter.
No, actually they make me heavier.
Or is it lighter?

Oh, fuck I'm so confused.

OfflineOzzy_shroomer
Mystery Machine
Male User Gallery

Loc: Summer All Year
Re: eating shrooms puts a toll on you? [Re: El Zorro]
    #9154418 - 10/29/08 02:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Nice way to Bering back a 5 year old thread.

--------------------

Offlineoptyks
Stoned Soliloquy

#9154517 - 10/29/08 02:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I've tripped on shrooms somewhere from 15-18 times, and the only ill effect i've ever experience is a headache the next day, and it hasnt happened every time either.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract