Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Making spore syringes
    #91075 - 12/15/99 10:30 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

To unstick a print taken on the bottom of a jar, mix with 90%H2O + 10%glycerin USP instead of straight water. Then freeze the jar. It won't break the jar or harm the spores in any way because of the glycerin. When it thaws the print will totally disperse with just a shake. The spores will not only come off the glass, but they won't stick to each other in clumps either. Good for long term frozen storage too. Refreeze leftovers as many times as needed. I have spore solutions like this over 5 years old that are still very viable and usable. Pure glycerin is available at any drugstore in the skin care section.

DD

[This message has been edited by Doktor Dung (edited December 16, 1999).]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#91077 - 12/16/99 06:55 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I would think that the humidity from the cap would make the salt crusty and as a result you would seal the cap off from dropping any spores....

perhaps?

I aint gonna try this but if someone does please post the result.
What does salt do to spores???

Anonymous

#91078 - 12/16/99 07:41 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

well I dont know if the spores would survive the salt but if they did it may not be so practical to put the cap on the salt. I would think the salt would stick to the cap when removed .
try this, punch a small hole in the center of the lid ,tie a knot at the end of a 1" peice of fishing line an thread through the hole so it it hanging in the jar then tie a fishing hook to the other end of the line, then hook the cap with it.
the cap hangs over the salt insted of touching it

------------------
insert fork in nipple, twist, enjoy

Anonymous

#91079 - 12/16/99 09:53 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

layer the bottom with 1 ply of 2 ply toilet paper, it will turn into something a 10CC syringe can suck up. I've even disloved paper towel to something that can be put in a syringe. I also get myceillum growing on the paper, which I belive helps the whole process. If you don't like that idea, lab supply stores have beakers/containers with teflon coated bottoms, I doubt spores would stick to that as much...
-Capt'n

Anonymous

#91081 - 12/16/99 11:08 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

no. not true 'doktor dung'. that is so amateurish, now isnt it?

naughty monkey...

if you freeze spores THEY BECOME INVIABLE. Water, glycerin, WHATEVER...

*tsk tsk*

what is this board, a disinformation site with govt agents buddying up to folx just to arrest them for not wanting to lick jesus christs ass?

Anonymous

#91083 - 12/16/99 11:55 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Sigh....

"Gigantor", I get really tired of people spouting off on subjects they are totally ignorant of. Please refrain from raising your hand unless you think you might know the answer to the question, you'll look a little smarter that way.

My post above is not speculation. It is not entirely original to me. There is absolutely no doubt that it works as posted.

But you will get busted if you attempt to buy glycerin now.

DD

OfflinePsilowarrior
enthusiast
    #91084 - 12/16/99 11:58 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

No gigantor. Doktor Dung is correct. You can freeze spores in glycerol or glycerin solutions. You should be careful saying something is not so when you obviosly have no idea.

In truth you can bring mammalian cells down to -150 degrees celsius (liquid nitrogen) in glycerol solutions, store them for over ten years and then thaw them and they will still be viable. I'm talking about mammalian cells which are not nearly as resistant to environmental fluctuations as spores are.

The secret is in the glycerol (obviously). It allows you to bring the temperature bellow freezing without having to worry about ice crystals rupturing or destroying the spores.

[This message has been edited by Psilowarrior (edited December 16, 1999).]

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
    #91085 - 12/16/99 12:05 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Doktor Dung..you mean that i can put my spores in a freezer at -10?/-20? celsius without any harm!!!
Wow!
This is one of the the best tips i ever heard....
I'll try in my next batch....
Tnx....MASTER! :biggrin:

I LOVE this site!!!

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
    #91086 - 12/16/99 12:12 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Anyway i use to put some pieces of glass in the jar before sterilization to break the spores layer....

Bye fellows!!

Anonymous

#91087 - 12/16/99 12:14 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks Doc!!

God I love this place too!

Moe.....Passs the damn pipe.

MM

------------------
A little light goes a long way!

OfflineDan
    #91088 - 12/16/99 02:52 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

SALT? what the hell are you thinking? Um im going to go make some spore solution with some vinegar!Duh, Maybe that'll work!!. The problem with using salt is that it changes ph. so yes the spores and mycelium DO have a promlem gorwing on it because it KILLS them.

Anonymous

#91089 - 12/16/99 07:52 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I don't have an answer for you but just wanted to say, welcome to the community.

------------------
Why is it that we kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong?

Anonymous

#91090 - 12/17/99 07:27 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Yes Dan is right salt can be used as a perservative and as an anti-fungal

example: ranchers give there cattle a salt lick (or a big block of salt the cows can lick) in order to prevent harmful fungus from growing in there stomachs but unfortunately it also prevents shrooms from growing on their shit

what we need is somthing non nutritional, in a powder form, can be disalved in cold or room temp water, and is not harmful to the spores oh and has to be able to withstand 300-400 degrees (oven sterilezation)

sorry , brain fart. the only way this is going to work is if the cap is suspended in the jar so why not just use water in the bottom of the jar

its amazing how we can complicate something so simple

------------------
insert fork in nipple, twist, enjoy

Anonymous

#91091 - 12/17/99 08:25 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Well,
Thanks everyone for the responses! The glycerine trick sounds devilishly enticing... I'll be researching it a bit more on my own before I work with it. Thanks for the tip though. Thanks for the warm welcome as well, nice to meet you all and we're sure to cross paths again soon.

Later,
Abdul Alhazred.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order