Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Album review- Canned Heat "Greatest Hits"
    #899273 - 09/22/02 12:49 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Today's album review is for the trip-worthy cd, Canned Heat: "The Best of Canned Heat".

This is a great album to trip to. There's nothing but good vibes going on here. Canned Heat really made some of the all-time greatest psychedelic songs ever made. The cd starts out with "On The Road Again" which makes me feel good each and every time I hear it. What a great song. "Same All Over" wasn't a hit, I don't think, but it's still a very good song. After that is "Let's Work Together", which is a great song, with lyrics encouraging people to, well, work together for the common good. Next is "Bullfrog Blues", "Time Was" and "Boogie Music" which are all really nice. After that is the classic flower power anthem "Going Up To The Country". What can I say about that song? One of my favorite songs ever. Then it's "Amphetamine Annie", which is a warning about the dangers of speed abuse. The last two songs are "Rollin' and Tumblin'" and "Fried Hockey Boogie", which is a cheesy title, but i'm glad it's cheesy, because it shows that musicians weren't afraid to be silly and volnerable during that time.

I love each and every track on this album. Eventually, I want to own their complete first studio albums, but they're hard to find. Their first album(self titled), is only available on an imported disk, and for some reason was retitled "Rollin' and Tumblin'". I don't think their second album is availible in it's entirety anywhere. After that I don't know.

I give this album 4 out of a possible 5 mushrooms. Good vibes and good music.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Album review- Canned Heat "Greatest Hits" [Re: Learyfan]
    #899289 - 09/22/02 01:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

well if you gave it a four out of five, then why'd you rate it a 5? :wink:

thanks a bunch for all your album ideas & contributionts ~ i'll be sure to be checkin' some of these out :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Album review- Canned Heat "Greatest Hits" [Re: geokills]
    #899341 - 09/22/02 01:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I gave my thread a 5  :wink:

I do that to be funny(?), and also I do it maybe to point out the pointlessness of the mushroom rating system.

Glad that my reviews have helped. Happy tripping.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Album review- Canned Heat "Greatest Hits" [Re: Learyfan]
    #899991 - 09/22/02 06:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I agree. I love this album. I don't think that Canned Heat gets the respect it deserves. They weren't the most profound musicians on the planet, but they sure made some good ol' fashoined rock and roll.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom