Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Album review-S.A.C.'s "Incense and Peppermints"
    #869834 - 09/08/02 03:05 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I love rebellious music. I have found that psychedelic music from the 60's is by far the most rebellious music ever made. There's no "fuck you mother fuckers" to be found on those albums, but the reason why psychedelic music is far more rebellious than aggressive "fuck you" bands is the simple fact that psychedelic music suggests massive social conciousness changes by way of psychedelic drugs. That idea is a MAJOR threat to the establishment.

Having said that, I am here to review the album "Incense and Peppermints" by Strawberry Alarm Clock . There are two different "Incense and Peppermints" albums. One is the original 1967 album(which is now only available on imported cd at around $30!), and the second is a greatest hits album with the same name, and almost the exact same cover. I have the greatest hits "I & P". Having the hits album is good and bad. It's bad because I really want to have every song from their debut album, but it's good because I get a sample of their work from each album.

"Incense and Peppermints" is obviously the best song, but just about every other song is also very good in my opinion. "Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow", also originally from their debut album is a great song. Very dreamy and trippy, with a great vibe. The other two great songs that stand out in my mind right now are "Tomorrow" and "Sit With the Guru". Those two are from their second album called Wake up.......it's tomorrow(also only available on expensive import). All of the other songs on this album are very good as well. After hearing all of these, I want MORE.

This is a good trip album. It's got good vibes with that underlying push for a psychedelic change in conciousness. I love it, and you'll love it to, if you're like me. So buy this cd, and "turn on, tune in, turn your eyes around".

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefjbk47985
Has Been AbsentFor Far Too Long
Re: Album review-S.A.C.'s "Incense and Peppermints" [Re: Learyfan]
    #869962 - 09/08/02 09:28 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

incense and pepperments was in the simpsons weed episode... i was lookin for that song everywhere.. thanks

Offlinekaptain_karma
We're all inthis together
Loc: the jolly old land of Oz
Re: Album review-S.A.C.'s "Incense and Peppermints" [Re: Learyfan]
    #870014 - 09/08/02 09:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I love that album.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Album review-S.A.C.'s "Incense and Peppermints" [Re: fjbk47985]
    #870044 - 09/08/02 10:12 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You're welcome.

Actually it's been in two Simpsons episodes. It's been in the weed episode as well as the hippie episode with George Carlin.

Clock rules all.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Album review-S.A.C.'s "Incense and Peppermints" [Re: kaptain_karma]
    #870254 - 09/08/02 05:29 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

very good album!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract