Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Need advice/help about police troubles
    #8965285 -

Well its good to be back on the shroomery, ever since I moved into this dorm i've been nervous about visiting the site since I use the schools internet, I don't know if they are watching me, but at this point, fuck it. Here is a post from another stoner forum I go on and i'm just gonna copy and paste it...Heres what it said:

Hey guys..i haven't been on this site in for ever haha since my weed smoking days were ended a long time ago due to drug testing. So I started smoking again when i moved out of my house recently. I now am a freshman in college living in a dorm room. So heres the situation. My roommate left for the weekend, and ever since he left i put a bag over the smoke detector and have been smoking all day long...I always kept the fan on high, wet towel under both doors (my RA lives next door), and it was working just fine all weekend, no complaints or anything. So yesterday i was minding my own business just watching movies playing xbox smoking weed hahaha, enjoyable Saturday afternoon. Then my friend called me and told me to come over to his apartment, i told him i'd be over in an hour or so. After I hung up I heard a loud knock at the door and i was like wtf....I checked through the peephole and it was my 2 friends A and B. So I let in A and B...They were being kind of loud and obnoxious and making a mess in my tiny ass dorm so i was kind of mad at them. They rolled up a joint and started smoking and i didnt want to cause i was pissed and i had been smoking all day anyways. B was on the futon next to the fan when smoking, but A was in a chair towards the bathroom (link to RAs room). They get to the roach, and there is a LOUD knock on the door. I went over to check who it was and the peephole was covered, so police or RA. I waited for him to move his finger (we were all being quiet acting like nobody was home). I saw it was my RA and freaked out. I told my 2 friends holy shit its my RA and they spazzed. A happened to have a QP on him....A said "fuck this i'm not about to get in trouble"...They didn't like my idea of cutting the screen slightly and throwing all drugs/paraphernalia out of the window and letting them in. He grabbed all his stuff, my bud, and B cut the screen, and A and B jumped out of the second story window hahahah. Right after they jumped i shut the blinds and heard another knock, this time i looked and it was a police officer (if i don't let in my RA they are obligated to call the police, tried explaining this to my friend but noooooooooooo). So I opened the door, knowing i didn't have to let him in and what not, but i wanted to cooperate. So he asked me nicely if he could come in and talk. We started talking, he told me "marijuana is a drug with a strong prominent odor, and quite frankly i think this room smells like dope". I was like "uh..we were smoking"...he asked me who "We" was, and i told him me and my 2 friends. He asked where they were and I told him they already left. Se he then asked me "would you object to me searching through your room?" I figured they had everything, and it would make me look better, so i said go for it. He found an ash tray with ash in it (joint ash) and some stems on my dresser. He barely even looked through my room, i found out after the fact that i had a bowl packed full of fresh weed in my drawer lol. The cop took the ash and stems and put them in a bag. Then  somebody came running down the hall and i heard a voice outside say "somebody reported 2 people jumping out of a second story window"...Me and the officer heard and he looked at the window and saw the cut screen, and said "ohhh yeah". Luckily i told him they left, just not how hahahahaha. So after that he made me give him information about my 2 friends A and B. I had to give him something, so I told him A's first and last name, his phone number, and how i met him. All i told him about B was his first name, and that he cut the window screen. So after collecting all the information/evidence i got a slight lecture and the cop told me i'd probably be getting a letter in the mail and I should follow the instructions. After that my RA came in and i thought i was about to get fucked, but he said "hey i knew you guys were smoking I could smell it I had to call the police because you didn't let me in. You shouldn't have been smoking in there because i'm right next door, next time if it happens go outside". Then he told me i might have to have a meeting and talk with the hall director. So then everybody left, the police officer called my phone and told me if I gave him a name of somebody who I think is selling drugs in the dorm, it could help my situation. So after all this I haven't heard from my RA, the officer, or gotten any mail. The officer gave me no paper or documents when he was here like a ticket for posession/use of marijuana or anything. So basically that is my situation, and I am confused whether or not i'm in trouble or not lol...Thats all i'm trying to figure out, if i'm in trouble. The cops are tryin 2 get my friends for obstruction of property, but i don't know what i'm looking at..any advice?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: Dan258]
    #8965342 -

Post in safty and security. Also never let cops in without a warrant. Thats what they will tell you. They will ask other questions. But ya post it there and you will get good answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: No Agenda]
    #8965349 -

thanks dood, I was trying to look around for the best place to post it..i'll put it up there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: No Agenda]
    #8965476 -

oklahomashroomer said:
Post in safty and security. Also never let cops in without a warrant. Thats what they will tell you. They will ask other questions. But ya post it there and you will get good answers.



in a dorm cops don't need a warrant and if smells like weed they won't need one either.


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #8965740 -

Quote:
I had to give him something, so I told him A's first and last name, his phone number, and how i met him. All i told him about B was his first name, and that he cut the window screen.



Why did you snitch on your friends? That is very upsetting reading that you did that to people you call friends.


Edited by Chemy (09/21/08 09:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: Chemy]
    #8965858 -

Why would you give anyones real name out? Thats fucked up.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: Dan258]
    #8966188 -

You snitched on your friends? :nonono:

That's seriously fucked up shit.

no need for that last bit

Edited by Prisoner#1 (09/21/08 11:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #8967100 -

UnholyChild666 said:
oklahomashroomer said:
Post in safty and security. Also never let cops in without a warrant. Thats what they will tell you. They will ask other questions. But ya post it there and you will get good answers.



in a dorm cops don't need a warrant and if smells like weed they won't need one either.



If he don't need a warrant why did he ask for permision. Regardless, never give permision for a cop to search you, your car, or your residence. Once you give permision you have gave up your rights. Make them do there job. I don't know about the no warrant for a dorm I would say if the case got to court it could be contested. Also all dorm's might not be the same.  The ra could probably come in and if he saw something that could be probable cause to get a warrant. I don't really know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: No Agenda]
    #8967120 -

Fuxored it up, bra

"Snitches get stitches"


--------------------
you just need money to get laid - starfire_xes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: Kada]
    #8967448 -

Kada said:
Why would you give anyones real name out? Thats fucked up.



yeah. you didn't need to do that. your friends were gone, you could've said they left half an hour ago through the door like respectable citizens. as for the cut screen, it was an accident from a month ago. who can prove you wrong?
the cop has nothing on you but scraps, suck it up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: Hendostan]
    #8967735 -

ok first off,

never let cops intimidate you to wave your rights.

you don't have to let them in,
you don't have to let them search your room,
you don't have to tell them who your friends were,
you don't have to do any of that.

and second if a cop tells you

"i'll make you a deal"
that should be your warning to just shut your mouth and ears.
cops never want to make deals with you.
they just want more info.
they are not concerned about your outcome.


i'm just sick of hearing people get in trouble because a cop intimidated them to wave their ritghts.

you must know and stand up for your rights.
because in this world they are all you have.

and to prove to you,
once i was riding home with my friend in was about 130ish in the morning and my friend did a rolling stop at a stop sign.
we also had about a QP on us and his bowl.
before we knew it the lights were flashing behind us.
and my friend pulled over.
now my friend also knows how to stand up for his rights,
the cop comes and knocks on the window and he rolls his window down about 3 inches. just enough so they can talk but so the cop and reach in the car.
now telling by the cops face he could obviously tell there was weed in the car..
well he could smell it..
then this is how it went.

cop: can you please step out of the car.
friend: (gets out and locks the car behind him)
cop: why did you lock your car?
friend: because its mine and i fon't want you going through it.
cop: well i'm affraid i'm gonna have to.
friend: no your not i do not concent to any searches officer.
cop: why is there somthing your trying to hide from me?
friend: no, its just my personal space and i don't want you violating that sir.
cop: well we'll see about that(gets back in his squad car and calls in the dag team)

the dog team gets there and my friend is still playing it cool.

cop2: please open your door and let us search your vehicle.
friend: no i already stated my right and i do not concent to any searches.
cop: you know we do not need a warent to search your car?
friend: i know that, but i'm telling you that you will not search my car. sir.

the 2 cops then went back the the squad car could see them talking and then they came back and handed my friend a ticket for the rolling stop.
they said have a nice evening and told us to be on our way.

so we left.

that is a prime example of how cops try to get you to wave your rights.
stand up for your selfs!


--------------------
open your heart to the Love.
                                          open your mind to the Dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: McMoney]
    #8967856 -

you got lucky man, if the dog hits your car that's all the probable cause they need. warrant or no warrant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: Hendostan]
    #8967862 -

well no because the cop had already smelt it.


--------------------
open your heart to the Love.
                                          open your mind to the Dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: McMoney]
    #8967864 -

and they arn't aloud to bring the dog near the car anyway unless you concent


--------------------
open your heart to the Love.
                                          open your mind to the Dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: McMoney]
    #8967882 -

Actually, smelling marijuana is not a reason to search your home. They would still need a warrent, even if a drug dog smelled something. If they brought the drug dog before the warrent, then that is illegal. Your home, reguardless if it is just a dorm, is the most private thing that you have. You have more rights standing inside your home, that standing anywhere else on the planet.

You should have stepped out, closed the door, then asked them what the problem was. Unless there is a different rule about cops searching your home on campus, you totally blew that.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: Kada]
    #8967949 -

http://www.law.com/jsp/law/LawArticleFriendly.jsp?id=1099927171993

There has been a good amount of debate as to whether or not
a dog sniffing your car is a violation of 4th Amendment Rights,
personally I say it is, but I have no authority

As for the dorm searches,
when you live in college dorms you sign a form that waives your rights
and says that the university has the right to search your room
{at least when I was living on a college campus}
so that is no invasion of privacy because they make you
consent to the searches before you move in


--------------------
"There's nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be, it's easy...
All you need is love,
all you need is love.
All you need is love,
love, love is all you need."
~ The Beatles
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
~ Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: Kada]
    #8967956 -

The car post reminds me of a tactic my buddy used quite often in the same situation. He would lock his car with the keys in it and when it was over he would tell the cops he would just walk home and come back later. I took him back to his vehicle lots of times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: Pocapo]
    #8967967 -

Pocapo said:
http://www.law.com/jsp/law/LawArticleFriendly.jsp?id=1099927171993

There has been a good amount of debate as to whether or not
a dog sniffing your car is a violation of 4th Amendment Rights,
personally I say it is, but I have no authority

As for the dorm searches,
when you live in college dorms you sign a form that waives your rights
and says that the university has the right to search your room
{at least when I was living on a college campus}
so that is no invasion of privacy because they make you
consent to the searches before you move in



I would think that that form could vary from dorm to dorm. I don't know about you but I wouldn't sign such crap. Glad I never lived in the dorm's.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: Pocapo]
    #8968004 -

Just a side note:

McMoney knows what's up. Once a cop knows that you know your rights they will be very cautious around you. The last thing they want is to lose their job over some dumb shit. I've seen judges tell cops off before. I'm sure there's stories going around most precincts and they are most likely thoroughly warned of situations like that before they ever even get hands-on experience. Every cop knows the law; that's why it is easy for them to take advantage of someone who doesn't.

Exercise your rights and you'll get better at using them for your benefit.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice/help about police troubles [Re: DR. PRIME]
    #8968036 -

When breaking the law, know everything you can possibly know to avoid trouble. Knowledge is power.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* i consented to a search of my car last night :(
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 5,804 36 05/27/14 09:45 PM
by EdibleStereos
* So LAST NIGHT I WAS BOOZING AND AN AMBULANCE CAME FOR SICK KID *SERIOUS NEED ADVICE*
( 1 2 all )
TysonTomko 2,647 34 08/13/05 11:00 PM
by thegatewaydrug
* Am I to think of Police Officers as the Enemy? MXNR 1,708 14 09/12/04 10:31 AM
by synthesis
* just so you all know, all police handcufs are keyed the same
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 2,715 25 03/06/05 12:52 PM
by TODAY
* Another ecstasy story... Day 2 (Gang fights, murders, and police helicopters) StrandedVoyager 3,853 18 06/26/05 09:50 PM
by StrandedVoyager
* Shroomer friend needs advice Jenny 1,913 14 08/10/04 12:42 AM
by OuchITripped
* What do you do for a living(I need advice)?
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 2,962 40 12/24/04 02:27 PM
by collegeshroom
* Reason #2: Why I hate NJ (advice please)
( 1 2 all )
C20H25N3O 2,166 20 03/04/05 11:10 AM
by C20H25N3O

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,671 topic views. 2 members, 51 guests and 87 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.