Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDahuiHeeNalu
Female

Loc: Indonesia Flag
Lysol & Cabinets Spraying? (Some help.)
    #8915026 - 09/11/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Aloha I have read alot about LYSOL i run a few forums and i know this can be annoying asking but a answer would give me sum relief *haha* i have a waterbed with cabnets (wood) where i usually keep my jars and they always do pretty well never used Lysol in my case CVS antibacterial disinfectant spray...

So to my question its a wood cabnet basically and it stays around 82 Degrees with humidity at 49-51% but can i spray around where air comes into the cabnet im just wanting to learn to have a better environment and no contaminants...just looking for some quick help i love this place and i will become very active and looking to share some prints soon...

Big up and much love to everyone out there good to see like minds!
-Hui

--------------------
#IamKratom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoffee
Gambling Caffiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: 44°n, 88°w
Re: Lysol & Cabinets Spraying? (Some help.) *DELETED* [Re: DahuiHeeNalu]
    #8915040 - 09/11/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Coffee

Reason for deletion: :coffee:

--------------------

InvisibleDahuiHeeNalu
Female

Re: Lysol & Cabinets Spraying? (Some help.) [Re: Coffee]
    #8915053 - 09/11/08 08:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Coffee said:
They're still in the jars?  Humidity isn't a factor if they are.  Also, if they are, that's about the perfect temperature for mycelium to grow.

Usually contamination isn't flying around when the air in the environment is still, also.  So just spray around it before you open it to check stuff out. :thumbup:

:thumbup: Thank you very much for helping me out... Just trying to keep things cleaner just to stop anything from happening. Big up for such a fast reply! Thank You!

--------------------
#IamKratom

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery
Loc: Elsewhere.
Re: Lysol & Cabinets Spraying? (Some help.) [Re: Coffee]
    #8915082 - 09/11/08 08:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

First, temp is a little high for ambient temperatures. You want to aim for more like 75-77 ambient temps. Bear in mind that it is a few degrees warmer in your jar when colonizing. And as far as lysol, I wouldn't even bother. Just wash your hands and maybe wipe the inside of the cabinet down with 10% bleach solution on occasion if you see it fit. You would be surprised how resilient mushrooms are. You really, IN MY EXPERIENCE, only need to be clean when innoculating and when pasteurizing your sub. Other than that, I feel it is just personal preference. I have had cobweb mold twice, and was able to get rid of it within 2 days. Unlucky on those two I guess. The only jars i had contammed were rye and popcorn, fuck popcorn. Rye contammed because I didn't have a PC, same with popcorn. So far, I am currently using BRF but will be switching very soon to WBS or Rye, I haven't had any PF contams. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

InvisibleBigBlackBoxX
MR XYZ
 User Gallery

Loc: XYZ
Re: Lysol & Cabinets Spraying? (Some help.) *DELETED* [Re: Coffee]
    #8915109 - 09/11/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by BigBlackBoxX

Reason for deletion: privacy reasons

InvisibleDahuiHeeNalu
Female

Re: Lysol & Cabinets Spraying? (Some help.) [Re: BigBlackBoxX]
    #8915157 - 09/11/08 09:03 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

so should i wipe down the outter jar areas i have actually been picking them up with my bare hands should i get a paper towel with alchol or peroide and do a wipe down...

I want to thank everyone for helping me out i really appreciate it.:thumbup:

--------------------
#IamKratom

InvisibleBigBlackBoxX
MR XYZ
 User Gallery

Loc: XYZ
Re: Lysol & Cabinets Spraying? (Some help.) [Re: DahuiHeeNalu]
    #8915189 - 09/11/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Doing so would not hurt anything, but is likely a bit excessive. Save that step (wiping down with alch soaked towel) for right before you either birth, spawn, or move them to your glovebox to g2g.

So long as your sterilization methods, inoculation procedure, and lid setup are acceptable, your jars should remain contam free even in a filthy incubator.

Your main concern, and my point, is keeping your incubator/grow area nice and clean, will overall help reduce contamination rates for future cycles in your grow.

xXx
BBB

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Lysol & Cabinets Spraying? (Some help.) [Re: BigBlackBoxX]
    #8915387 - 09/11/08 09:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Your jars should have filters in the lids, so it doesn't matter if you sanitize the surface they're sitting on or not.  82F is a bit warm for ambient during colonization.  Mycelium growth begins to slow down above 82F, and the inside of the jars is always three to five degrees warmer than the outside.  75F is a great colonization temp.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleDahuiHeeNalu
Female

Re: Lysol & Cabinets Spraying? (Some help.) [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8915443 - 09/11/08 09:57 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

My jars have 4 ports with special tape on top then it has alum. foil on top of that with 1 small air slit.

i got the temp down to 79 now hope that helps out alittle my jars are doing well colonizing i noticed one had what looks to be a lil moisture inside the glass is this a bad thing?

--------------------
#IamKratom

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery
Loc: Elsewhere.
Re: Lysol & Cabinets Spraying? (Some help.) [Re: DahuiHeeNalu]
    #8915551 - 09/11/08 10:15 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Moisture is 100% normal. After all, there is water in your jar. :wink:

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies