Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Tips to get over my bad trip...
    #891500 - 09/18/02 05:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I havn't eaten mushrooms (or done any psychadelics) in 6 months because of a bad trip. I'm afraid every time I do any psychadelics from now on, I will have a bad trip. Any comments, ideas?

A bunch of friends and I were celebrating graduating from HS one night, and I flipped out. We had gotten an Oz between 4 people (one of which only ate about 2 grams). So I ended up eating around 8 1/2 - 9 grams of what I think was cubies. This was the first time I had ever tripped on mushrooms that I had not grown. (I had to stop growing because of getting narced on, thats why we were forced to buy off someone else) I think this is the reason why I had a bad trip, I was unsure about where these came from, what was in them, who had grown them, were they even cubes, etc. Anyway, I'm sitting around having a good time (as if I hadn't eaten a lot) when all of a sudden it hit me so hard I closed my eyes and nodded off... All I remember thinking is that my parents betrayed me. What the fuck? I remember thinking that my mom had killed me. I didn't think that I was going to die, I thought I was already dead. I had no idea what was going on. I started having trouble breathing, and then I figured out how to open my eyes. I looked around and my friends were staring at me. They were saying stuff like "You ok?", "What are you talking about? What egyptians?". I forgot how to reply to them. Instead I punched my friend in the face, because I thought he wasn't real, and I kicked another friend's face who was lying on the floor. They got concerned, and offered to take me outside for fresh air. I remember thinking "Jesus, they're gonna lock me outside in the middle of winter". It was summer, btw. So I declined, and instead took out a pack of colts (cigars) and started breaking them in half and throwing them into the fire place for no reason. All I could think about was that EVERYONE was trying to betray me. I felt betrayed so bad that I just wanted my brain to stop functioning. I even forgot I was on mushrooms, I thought everything was real. The only thought I could concentrate on was BETRAYAL. My friends said I kept repeating "I'll never do mushrooms again", but I didn't even realise I was on a drug.

That's my story. Anyone got any ideas how I can help this from happening again? Any ideas on what to say to myself? I'm a few weeks away from having mushrooms again, and I want to be prepared.  :confused: Thanks all. 

Edited by FatSean (09/18/02 05:41 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tips to get over my bad trip... [Re: FatSean]
    #891505 - 09/18/02 05:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

One thing I forgot to mention was, I had no thoughts about being betrayed before the trip. After the trip, I realised that my friends actions were entirely friendly and that I had no reason to beleive they were going to do anything that would harm me.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #891522 - 09/18/02 05:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

> Anyone got any ideas how I can help this from happening again?
first off, make sure you don't eat 8 or 9 grams of shrooms!  that's insane :shocked:  also make sure you're in a comfortable environment and in good mindset.

> Any ideas on what to say to myself?
if things get confusing or you run into trouble, just remember to tell yourself that it's the result of a drug and that with time the effects will reduce and you will come back to the reality that you are familiar with. 

you can also try just being outside, 'cause that's relaxing, or go get a glass of water to help calm you down.  but most importantly, eat much less: 3 grams or so... !

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #891555 - 09/18/02 06:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

also check out this thread

and also Avoiding a Bad Trip

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tips to get over my bad trip... [Re: geokills]
    #891826 - 09/18/02 08:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks geokills. I actually read almost everything there is on erowid about a few drugs, and I had read that before I had that trip. I had also read some info on here too. Its nice to read that stuff now, but when your in the middle of a complete mindfuck its gonna be pretty hard to remember what you read on an internet site a while ago...

> Anyone got any ideas how I can help this from happening again?
>first off, make sure you don't eat 8 or 9 grams of shrooms! that's insane  also make sure you're in a comfortable environment and in good mindset.

Yeah well, like I said, we were celebrating  :grin: I know it wasn't too smart, but you only graduate once. And now that I have been through a bad trip, I know I can trust those friends and I shouldn't worry about setting with them. I realise that now.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #892565 - 09/19/02 06:21 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

If you are an experienced tripper I think you should be okay with a REASONABLE dose. Just remember that the only time you had a bad trip was when you ingested a truly ridiculous amount of mushrooms. Just try with a low dose (2-3 grams) and see what happens. Even if it turns bad, it will certainly pale in comparison to your previous trip, and then you will have your answer.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tips to get over my bad trip... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #892608 - 09/19/02 06:55 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

So it was probably the high dosage that gave me the bad trip... Good. I definitely won't be doing that much for a while, if ever again. Thanks guys.

Edited by FatSean (09/19/02 06:56 AM)

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
    #893955 - 09/19/02 05:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Those fucking Egyptians!!!

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

Anonymous

cool, calm and collect [Re: FatSean]
    #895919 - 09/20/02 03:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I had my first and last "bad trip" just last week. They do exist. I was stupid enough to take mushrooms by myself. The world, our planet, earth was suddenly completely pointless, nothing and everything didn't want to made any sense. I felt so alone like the "public" was insane, brainwashed and subconsiously blind to the fact that they exist. I just wanted to escape and hide somewhere, i thought if "they" found me, they'd lock me up with the insane. So I just directed myself towards nature and walked as far away from civalisation as I posasable could. Where I met the River which made me fusterated, I couldn't throw a stone across the River to the otherside of the bank. I tried and tried yet i was always just a mere foot short. Then in order to calm myself down, I desided to watch nature: the River, fish, birds, bees yet this made me feel small. The human race was the lowest of the low. We can't swim like fish, I can't fly in freedom with that bird and us humans have finished evolving and theres no real reason to be here. I was stuck on a rock in space. The end of the world had already happened yet no-one noticed. I keep telling myself "just the mushrooms at play", "go with the flow" and "cool, calm and collect" yet non of which switch any feelings for me. I felt I understood clearly, awake and it was everyone else that insane, wrong and blind. I was a nervous wreak, cold sweat and crying uncontrollably collapsed down by this River.
I admite, I couldn't have got out of that alone. I had to phone my good trusted mate and get him to come collect me. All I said was "I've taken 40 mushrooms and i'm having this bad trip". He understood perfectly and saved my day. He came calm, cool and collect and ordered me to stop thinking, stop looking for the answers and just go with the flow. He suggested, I do stuff which i'd normally do to relax. So I picked my skateboard up and it came so naturally, everything flowed and nothing really mattered anymore. We smashed my piggy bank and bought fags with the coppers. We watched "fifth element" and talked cod-shit for hours.
"It's the abilty to let that, that does not truely matter, slide" Tyler Durden

So in result I learnt:
- Never do mushrooms by yourself, alone
- A Bad trip does exist
-It will only get worse if you feed on it
-A trustworthy friend is friend indeed
-Do something that pleases YOU normally in reality
-Skip places, laugh at yourself, smile stupidly and just play pointlessly
-Worse comes to worse, dont think, watch tv

( personally )

OfflineShroomStrider
Wanderer

Re: cool, calm and collect [Re: ]
    #896152 - 09/20/02 10:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I am completely opposite. I love to do mushrooms and acid alone.
It saves your trip from being spoiled by other people.

--------------------
'It's a complete realization of the aims of psychedelia. But if you take LSD what you experience depends entirely on who you are. Our music may give you the screaming horrors or throw you into screaming ecstasy. Mostly it's the latter.' Roger Waters

Offline7uptrippsy
shroomer
    #917919 - 09/30/02 12:06 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The reason you had a bad trip is because you ate more than you could handle. The fact of the matter is, your mind and body was not ready to endure the experiance you had. In fact, from your report it sounds as though you had what they call a level 5 trip. This state you have almost no touch with reality. Worst than that your ego is lost. Some people can except their lose of ego and take it as the best feeling in the world. Others go crazy. My advice is to take smaller amounts. Start out at about 3 grams or so, and see how you like that. If you want to trip harder the next time take 3.5. If you want to trip harder than that then take 4... and so on. this will slowly train you to take control of you mind during a trip. Basically, you wont turn into a crazy psycopath and flip out. Also, read the page on avoiding a bad trip. this is very useful in explaning how to identify a bad trip before it happens. With this knowledge you can stop a bad trip before it even starts. I will tell you this much, Dont be a pussy and only eat 3 grams every time. This is definatley the amount you should start with... and do atleast 4-5 times... but, i would work your way up to higher doses. Right now i take atleast 5.5-6 grams when i trip... the experiance is awsome. Ive also eaten 7 grams and had a good time. High doses are definately fun... Just approach them with caution.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports