Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
TYVEK OR POLYFILL
    #8883127 -

I am currently making 3 20qt monotubs..  I was reading and some one said that they pefer to use tyvek on the bottom holes of the monotub instead of polyfill..  They added 2 layers one to the inside of the tub and one to the outside of the tub, then they used polyfill for the top holes..  I was just wondering every ones opinion on this as well as what u think would be better.  I got the idea from monstermitch's tek for a mono tub..
Use polyfill or tyvek for bottom holes.
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 09/05/08 04:08 PM until the end of time

View the results of this poll


Edited by Damion5050 (09/05/08 06:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TYVEK OR POLYFILL [Re: Damion5050]
    #8883366 -

I was under the impression that tyvek is waterproof but I am not too sure on the exchange of gases. Polyfill is non-organic and will allow for good gas exchange and somewhat of a filter(? on the filter part). Anyways Polyfill, bad at walmart is like $2-3 and well tyvek is free but a bag of polyfill will last you a lifetime. Plus you don't have to wait for shipping for polyfill :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TYVEK OR POLYFILL [Re: dothedew69]
    #8883469 -

Tyvek has to let gas in cause almost everyone uses it as a Filter/GE on grain jars, you know the tyvek lids..  They are used for GE..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TYVEK OR POLYFILL [Re: Damion5050]
    #8883567 -

yeah, tyvek will definitely allow gas exchange, but my friend ran into trouble using it on the bottom hole of a monotub because it seems to not be as good at FAE. the tyvek was the only variation from his usual setup and he got 2 flushes and then mold.
it seems like a great idea, because shrooms tend to grow near the holes and you have to pick the polyfil out of them, but after that my friend won't experiment with it for a while. perhaps if you take the time to fan often it's fine.

the polyfil embedded in the stems is annoying. my friend is thinking of building a martha as soon as he has the resources, if only to try it out.


--------------------
praise "Bob"
did you mean shmooed-R.I.P.

"drought besets the mind, decay besets the man"-me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TYVEK OR POLYFILL [Re: rev 766]
    #8883595 -

I voted too soon...I didn't read first oopss..

I would of voted for polyfil on monos...I thought you were talking about lids...sorry...

3rd beer.
2nd bowl.
H.H.


--------------------
First Grow Log
GT&TX DoubleTubs
Malabars and Hawaiians

Keep your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you. --unknown


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TYVEK OR POLYFILL [Re: Hattori Hanzo]
    #8883765 -

Hattori Hanzo said:
I voted too soon...I didn't read first oopss..

I would of voted for polyfil on monos...I thought you were talking about lids...sorry...

3rd beer.
2nd bowl.
H.H.



LoL its all good..  I was just thinking of this I seen the tyvek idea from monstermitch's tek for monotub and he uses tyvek on the bottom holes..  So if he says it works it should work then..  right???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TYVEK OR POLYFILL [Re: Hattori Hanzo]
    #8883796 -

Hattori Hanzo said:
I voted too soon...I didn't read first oopss..

I would of voted for polyfil on monos...I thought you were talking about lids...sorry...






--------------------
In bewilderment, I realized I am the endless sea.

Edited by btb103 (09/05/08 07:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TYVEK OR POLYFILL [Re: btb103]
    #8884146 -

btb103?
sup?

Hattori


--------------------
First Grow Log
GT&TX DoubleTubs
Malabars and Hawaiians

Keep your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you. --unknown


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TYVEK OR POLYFILL [Re: Hattori Hanzo]
    #8884999 -

Hattori Hanzo said:
btb103?
sup?

Hattori



Just being lazy and copying your post. I did the same thing with the vote. :wink:


--------------------
In bewilderment, I realized I am the endless sea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TYVEK OR POLYFILL [Re: btb103]
    #8885482 -

haha! you drinking and smoking too?

:cheers:

Hattori


--------------------
First Grow Log
GT&TX DoubleTubs
Malabars and Hawaiians

Keep your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you. --unknown


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Tyvek Polyfill Tek bigbulg 7,885 5 06/30/14 01:43 PM
by crgonzo
* Incorporating Tyvek/polyfill into a fruiting chamber JunkFood 2,775 9 07/29/07 11:46 AM
by wutang
* Could this tape be used to replace tyvek/polyfill badlydrawnboy 1,857 10 03/27/06 02:47 PM
by Snaggletooth
* tyvek polyfill filter
( 1 2 all )
justAdream 3,289 31 10/06/08 09:55 PM
by mrbfrog
* Dual tyvek/polyfil lids on Rye/millet (pics included) Pr0_X 1,603 6 10/16/07 03:04 PM
by HappyHardcore
* Tyvek & PolyFil Lid...Are they both necessary? KCizzle 1,046 3 09/07/07 04:56 AM
by acneman
* Layer Filter: Tyvek/Polyfil/Tyvek *DELETED* khani_homesh 228 1 12/06/11 10:04 PM
by SteezMe
* Tyvek, polyfil...household substitutes?
( 1 2 all )
Brero 5,813 31 01/08/06 07:58 AM
by strollinripper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,469 topic views. 16 members, 87 guests and 211 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.054 seconds spending 0.034 seconds on 20 queries.