Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Using terrarium as casing tray?
    #872979 -

Has anybody tried using the bottom of their terrarium itself as a casing tray? I've seen this mentioned but could never find anything that gave conclusive results. Would the humidity be too low?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using terrarium as casing tray? [Re: Poogi]
    #873002 -

It will work just fine. Search the forum for more information.


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using terrarium as casing tray? [Re: Poogi]
    #873013 -

seen it before. never done it ourselves.
we use chicken domes. if you want to know more, do a search on the picture forum and you will know what we mean.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using terrarium as casing tray? [Re: girlskater]
    #873046 -

Sk8ter Gurl


--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using terrarium as casing tray? [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #873246 -

I don`t use terrariums anymore.
I now only grow with bulk substrates and fruit them in the same tub the colonise in.
Clear lid, good misting, fan 3 times a day and everything is perfect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using terrarium as casing tray? [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #873268 -

Don't you get the impression she is an alien cell trying to infest the earth? Like when spiderman turned to venom in the cartoon. "we are venom" Or "We are girlskater, here to distroy you, and steal your... Vaccume cleaners! ...i dunno...

to answer the question. yes, alot of experienced lazy people do.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using terrarium as casing tray? [Re: Shaw]
    #873273 -

Experienced lazy people????
Excuse me?
That`s a crock of shit man.
I have advanced from using terrariums to bulk substrates and handsdown I deem it to 100x better.
I produce larger fruit more uniform and better flushes.
So if you think it`s lasy for m to fan three times a day and mist and all the other steps that go with pastuerising poo/straw and spawning substrate.
Well then I`m as lasy as the rest of the educated people that have chosen to do Bulk Substrates.

Ask my wife how lasy I am when it comes to mushrooms, she`ll beg to differ.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using terrarium as casing tray? [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #873278 -

hey.. chill. That's what i do as well. I was just saying it was easier. go take some mydol.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using terrarium as casing tray? [Re: Poogi]
    #873306 -

You can -- it works. But it's heavy, glass & not easy to move or clean out -- if it is a big one.

Better to use a big dark colored rubbermaid tub. Add clear top.

6T :tongue:


--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using terrarium as casing tray? [Re: SixTango]
    #873314 -

I don`t need to take anything.
I just don`t agree with your comments.
Sure I might have over reacted but I still don`t think by going to the bulk route that it`s lasy.
I do more now than I did with terrariums and grain casings.
And I`m soo much cleaner now than what I used to be.
I think it`s a natural progression everyone should go through.
Sixtango is right, rubbermaids work well.
I personally don`t use the larger rubbermaids but rather use a slightly smaller tub and rather make the substrate layer thicker.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using terrarium as casing tray? [Re: Poogi]
    #873325 -

Thanks. I'm going to use large, clear rubbermaid container with several layers of duct tape over the bottom and lower sides. Should I need to do anything for extra humidification?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using terrarium as casing tray? [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #873352 -

I didn't say ANYTHING about bulk growing, or about you. Where are you coming from?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using terrarium as casing tray? [Re: Shaw]
    #873369 -

Chill shaw
Discuss the topic.

I find when using larger tubs instead of terrariums optimal conditions are far easier to maintain by merely fanning and misting.
I`ve noticed with my terrarium casings I`ve been doing that they haven`t perfomred near to as well as the larger tubs.
All the same substrate and poo/straw mixture but the bigger tubs are out performing them hands down.
The general environment in the larger tubs feel better as well.
Terrariums often dry out or seem too hot in my opinion.

Bulk tubs tend to maintain a perfect fruiting temperature as well I find.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Why do I suck at casing? Anonymous 1,094 7 05/04/00 07:44 PM
by Anonymous
* experimenting with casings iam_craig 681 3 03/13/02 06:56 AM
by iam_craig
* casing from "The mushroom Cultivator" upupup 19,465 9 10/13/25 10:12 AM
by yearofnolight
* a question about casings??
( 1 2 all )
josh666 3,315 30 10/16/01 10:45 PM
by Osh_Kosh_BGosh
* Case running angryshroom 768 2 02/21/02 09:31 AM
by angryshroom
* Casing for Newbies? Targa 1,533 5 03/31/02 12:47 PM
by Targa
* leave in jar, as cake or casing aenima 1,363 1 12/11/01 07:28 AM
by _JJ_
* Re: to case or not. Anonymous 855 2 12/21/99 12:48 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,305 topic views. 4 members, 27 guests and 91 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.