Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: to case or not.
    #69250 - 12/21/99 09:17 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I'll solve many of your questions by telling you not to case. Especially since its your first time, its only another step to go wrong.

For the terrarium size, lay out some extra jar lids (or something the same size) to see how many you can fit. Make sure they are a couple inches apart from each other and the well.

------------------
I think the monkeys at the zoo should have to wear sunglasses so they can't hypnotize you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#69252 - 12/21/99 09:28 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Dude I cased for my first time and harvested about a half oz of shrooms a'la Shroom Wizard Tek.

Justin

Anonymous

#69253 - 12/21/99 12:48 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Perlite not recommended for cased substrate? Interesting. I have been growing for a long time (and always case), the last year or so I switched from using an ultrasonic humidifier to perlite. I find it much easier to control humidity by using perlite. Now my casing stays moist and I don't have to worry about moisture build up on the shrooms and casing.

But Buffalo Trance is absolutely right, it is one more step at which you could run into problems. When I was first starting out (some 20 years ago) we didn't have PF Tek...and casing rye grain substrates was standard method...it took me a while to get the casing mix, moisture content and initiating pinn set down. But you have to learn sometime, right. Success your first time will go a long way in building your confidence.

Which ever way you go...the best of luck to you.

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags