Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedankman68
Who's your daddy

First flush with cow poo composted/pasturized
    #862213 - 09/03/02 05:16 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry for the shitty pictures I was in a hurry to pick them I was gone for two days and when I got home this is what I see in my first pan.  Throwing spores all over the place..
  This was cow poo first pasturized then composted using a styrafoam cooler and vaporizer for four days..then mixed with spawn for nine days then placed in the light with no cassing and fruted ok.. 

[Edited so the pics are vertically aligned.. :grin:]

--------------------
[

Edited by dankman68 (09/08/02 09:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskyline12
Stranger
Loc: hawaii
Re: First flush B+ with cow poo composted/pasturiz [Re: dankman68]
    #862242 - 09/03/02 05:27 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

looks great
just curious, ive had contam problems with pasturizing cow poo before and what exactly
is composting it and vaporizing it

thanks man

--------------------

---- "you have never lived until you have almost died and life has a certain flavor the protected will never know" ----

OfflinePSILOCYBE_RICKY
Loc: earth
Re: First flush B+ with cow poo composted/pasturiz [Re: skyline12]
    #862261 - 09/03/02 05:39 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

speakin of contam. i checked on my dung substrate and found larva, i think. they were small, lite white, almost transparent.

Offlinedankman68
Who's your daddy

Re: First flush B+ with cow poo composted/pasturiz [Re: skyline12]
    #862269 - 09/03/02 05:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

First I pasturize it in this cooler bye covering all of the breathing holes for about six hours the vaporizer will get it up to about 185 deg or even more if you add salt to the water..
Then I uncover the breathing holes and let it go for about three days @125deg-150deg I then gradually let it cool down bye pulling part of the lid up just enough to let out the excess steam for one more day. Turn it off fill up all of your pans with the cow poo them cover with all foil let cool and innoculate you don?t have to be carefull, just be smart..you won?t have any problems with contams, because when you compost your cow poo it build up large amount?s of good bacteria, the bacteria breaks the cow poo down into carbs and sugars that the mushies can digest easier and bang it is easy. And they grow faster ..I tried to do a grow log but all of a sudden i wasen?t automatically loged in and when i tried to get a temp pasword it took 1- 1/2 weeks to get here..

--------------------
[

InvisibleDarkmoon
Thinker

#862325 - 09/03/02 06:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

awesome grow man!!  what was the size of the tray you used?  and do you know of teks to build a composter like yours there?  There is this one at  Mycotopia.net but it isnt exactly the same.

I think we were talking in a post before, and you were gonna build a new composter and make a post about it?  is that a pic of your new one?  Well thanks for the help! Again awesome grow!!!! :laugh:

P.S.  It sucks about your password, did you ask any of the admins??

Thanks again!!  :laugh: 

Offlineskyline12
Stranger
Loc: hawaii
    #863888 - 09/04/02 03:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

what a great idea
thanks so much im gonna do that instead of boiling it

much appreciation

--------------------

---- "you have never lived until you have almost died and life has a certain flavor the protected will never know" ----

Offlinedankman68
Who's your daddy

Re: First flush B+ with cow poo composted/pasturiz [Re: Darkmoon]
    #867574 - 09/06/02 02:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think the pans are about 12?? by 16?? here is my next project, the left two are the same strain and the right two are the same they are exactly seven days old the only difference is the two that are fully overgrown are pasterized/composted cow poo the other two are just pasterized. See the difference they grow twice as fast when you compost them, the composted cow poo is readdy for the fruiting chamber the other two will be readdy in four to five days.

--------------------
[

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

#867650 - 09/06/02 04:04 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Very purdy mushrooms you got there. I always find B+ grows really really tall, insted of fat like other strains :smile:

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
    #868250 - 09/07/02 04:23 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That is pretty damn cool! Dude was thinking of trying to do something similar at one point, but never got around to it...

Great Job!

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Offlineneophyteshroomer
enthusiast
    #869588 - 09/07/02 05:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

HOLY SHIT BALLS! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
nice casings and harvest! 

--------------------
Make Sure You Bring A Towel!!!
..... You wanna get high?

InvisibleCptnMaxMushroom
enviromentaladvocate
    #869683 - 09/07/02 10:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That just goes to show how easy it is to grow shrooms on manure. Even cow manure works for this guy even though he didn't follow proper composting and pasteurizing procedures.

Composting takes longer than 4 days and the pasteurizing is done after the comnposting. It's actually Phase ll in the process.

Great results anyways!

--------------------
Visit the SporeLab....
http://www.sporelab.com
A trip you'll never forget!

Offlinedankman68
Who's your daddy

Re: First flush B+ with cow poo composted/pasturiz [Re: CptnMaxMushroom]
    #869756 - 09/08/02 02:18 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Typically comercial mushroom farms pasterize at the end of composting, after reading a few books on the issue . Some say to do it at the end others will tell you to do it at the beginning. I think it makes more sence to kill the insect life/bacteria before the beginning your composting elliminating competition for actinomycete fungi and white fire fang.As for four days verses the recomended six to seven I have noticed little if no difference between growth patterns of four five and six day compostings three is not enough, the information i obtained in regards to pasterizing first was from the book Growing Wild Mushrooms by Bob Harris, very informative book. Thanks for the feed back, I would like to now your tech for composting I am allways open to change.

--------------------
[

InvisibleCptnMaxMushroom
enviromentaladvocate
    #869787 - 09/08/02 02:34 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

For those interested there is a whole chapter on compost preperation in the Mushroom Cultivator by Paul Stamets.

I do mine the old fashioned way, in a 6ft windrow lovingly turned by hand several times every few days. Then I got a pitchfork. And a commecial pasteurizer.

--------------------
Visit the SporeLab....
http://www.sporelab.com
A trip you'll never forget!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags