Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
rant about recent movies
    #8661546 -

I'm sorry I haven't seen the Dark Knight, maybe it is good, but it's not my thing. I'm fucking tired of bullshit comic book adaptations and sequels to movies that sucked ass the first time. Do people not appreciatie originality these days?

All I hear is "OMG Dark Knight!!!", it's just pissing me off. Maybe I'm just strange and don't go see a $10 movie just because the masses are raving about it.

This might be hypocritical, but make more genuine movies like Almost Famous or Children of Men... those I'd actually pay to see

*end rant*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rant about recent movies [Re: Zodiak]
    #8661558 -

I just hit up the matinee for 6 bucks, or the dollar theater. Shitty seating, but come on. It's a dollar.


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rant about recent movies [Re: blissedout]
    #8661573 -

I know, that's always do-able but it's like everyone's so enthralled with some comic book character because it's been hyped. I mean, did these people read comic books beforehand? Hell no. So why see some movie about a dude in a suit? "Cuz it haz cool CGI effects and everyone else went 2 see it".

Again, this movie might kick ass, but I'm saying in general, there's no fucking originality anymore. Hell I could probably come up with some Green Lantern script in a couple of hours.

Sorry, I'm in a spiteful mood tonight

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rant about recent movies [Re: Zodiak]
    #8661590 -

i don't usually go to the movies for avoidance of high prices, crowds, and disappointing movies. i agree with you.

but you gotta see dark knight. it honestly is sooooo worth it. such a great film. you will not be disappointed, especially if u see it at a matinee.

go see it.


--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rant about recent movies [Re: Zodiak]
    #8661593 -

Make up a comic about a super hero whose mission it is to save the motion picture industry from a dreadful fate of unoriginality.:smirk:


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rant about recent movies [Re: blissedout]
    #8661628 -

I'm not a huge fan of marvel or any of that shit. Movies like the matrix, with completely fresh and original ideas are what I'm all about. But it's really just about what's new and entertaining - and comic book shit seems to be in I guess. And Hancock was def my favorite so far, everyone likes a grumpy drunk with super powers! :yesnod:

Edited by blkjkrabbit (07/21/08 03:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rant about recent movies [Re: blissedout]
    #8661632 -

Creativity Man!

look for it on a dusty shelf in your indy movie store

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rant about recent movies [Re: Zodiak]
    #8661680 -

plenty of creative original movies are made all the time. you're just not looking for them. instead you're taking the most popular movie in the country and using it to generalize everything else...which is kind of...silly.

it's also pretty unoriginal...which is the ironic part.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rant about recent movies [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #8661701 -

I just wish more people would think for themselves instead of following the herd. I've rented the some of the best movies I've seen from Netflix and they've been documentaries on stuff I'd never be interested in unless I did my own research and gave it a chance.

This new bandwagon mindset is something I'm tired of, first the news, then my close friends... give me a break

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rant about recent movies [Re: Zodiak]
    #8661724 -

yup lemmings i tell you

i share your disdain for bandwagons, always have.

the CD in your avatar is one of my all time favs btw.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Movies?
( 1 2 all )
TheDudeAbides 3,744 34 06/19/05 06:19 AM
by ivi
* Favorite Movie mockingbird 1,250 12 04/06/04 02:05 AM
by fearfect
* Does anyone else enjoy watching violent movies when they are tripping? Deadmaker 2,260 17 06/06/05 05:14 PM
by dnL
* Most disturbing movie ever.
( 1 2 3 all )
TinTree 7,881 43 10/12/04 09:20 AM
by mr crisper
* The absolute WORST movie you've ever seen
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
MOTH 13,687 135 01/26/21 11:33 PM
by viraldrome
* What was the last movie you watched?
( 1 2 3 all )
Phychotron 3,259 40 11/28/04 06:27 PM
by Dreamer987
* a REALLY good movie?
( 1 2 all )
Phishgrrl 8,276 36 06/07/04 02:07 AM
by TheDude
* Downloading music and movies illegally...
( 1 2 all )
MrPink 6,186 34 04/05/04 12:55 PM
by OJK

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
683 topic views. 3 members, 145 guests and 189 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.