Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerpsdk420
Stranger
problem with colonizing jars
    #864932 - 09/05/02 06:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I need help from someone. I bought 12/ 1 quart jars which were pre-sterile. I injected 3 diiffernt types of spores into them. 5 of them which I injected the South American strain into are the furthest along but they are starting to get a gray like fuz on the top of the substrate but the rest of the substate is turning white. Is this normal of is there some kind of other Mold growing??? I injected them 9 days ago. Someone please help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: problem with colonizing jars [Re: rpsdk420]
    #864938 - 09/05/02 06:10 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder...how would you know how the top of the substrate looks like?

Anonymous

#864950 - 09/05/02 06:17 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yep it sounds like you've got AIDS growing in your jars :grin: Just kidding.  Anyways its only been 9 days, give it some time.  Sometimes young mycelium can appear grey.

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Loc: SOUTHLAND
    #865147 - 09/05/02 08:13 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

just wait it out man. you will know soon enough. if the grey spreads you might have a problem but if your jars have a top layer of dry vermiculite then you may be ok if everthing under the dry layer is white. the dry verm serves as a contam barrier so it is not uncommon for it to appear grey.
you didn't by chance take the lids off and if so under what conditions. you sound new so i don't figure you have a glovebox. if you didn't then i appoligize but if you did then you more than likey introduced contams and youwasted your money.
i'm kind of new at this too so i can give you a little newbie advice if interested.
1 make your own damned jars. $7 per dozen and about $1 to fill them. i bet you paid a pretty penny for them lazy mans.
2 PATIENCE i can't stress this enough. you can't keep checking it man. i know your curious but curiosity killed the jar man.
3 if at first you don't succeed ask somebody on this board why. then try try.....
4 dont be afraid to do it yourself just be clean about it.
making your own jars is a snap man. the formula i use i found somewhere on this forum consists of
per jar per 10 jars
3/4c vermiculite 7c vermiculite
1/4c brown rice flour 2 1/2c brown rice flour
60cc water 600cc water
mix ingrediants in a bowl fill jars to the ring top with dry vermiculite till full.
pressure cook at 15psi for 45 min cool and innoculate.
you can do it.
you can get vermiculite here http://www.micronmagick.com/?spores=Y
for brown rice flour i go to wal-mart and buy long grain brown rice and stick it in the blender. about .75c a box.
dozen jars $7.50
good luck.

--------------------
If it wasn't for this damned insomnia, Id have more pot when i woke up. :mad:

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
Re: problem with colonizing jars [Re: CRAZYFUKR]
    #865154 - 09/05/02 08:17 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Too soon to tell. Did you open the jar?

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

#865157 - 09/05/02 08:18 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like someone opened them there jars.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck