Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe
    #863680 -

I have 0.5 cc left over of B+ in a syringe. What should I do with it?

Could I make honeywater? or what

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe [Re: tekramrepus]
    #863687 -

Why don't you just make a PF jar?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe [Re: tekramrepus]
    #863690 -

Make a jar with it it may colonize a bit slowly but it is certainly enough.


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe [Re: Ripple]
    #863733 -

So do I just do 2 holes on the sides, or one in the middle, or 4 like normal or what

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe [Re: tekramrepus]
    #863767 -

3 or 4

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe [Re: tekramrepus]
    #863896 -

If I was you, I would try to use agar or something to grow it out, and then transfer it... I dont know, I really havent looked into the subject much, but thats what I would do. Or look at the spores under a microscope :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe [Re: tekramrepus]
    #863943 -

If you want to get the most out of it and you don't have agar plates then I would reccommend honey water. As long as you are sure that the syringe isn't contaminated it could give you four or five syringes full of mycelium to inject many jars with. I use a half pint jar with a plastic lid that has one hole right at the edge so you can tip the jar and get at the water easily without it leaking out the other holes. I fill the jar half way with tap water add a few drops of honey ( I'm guessing about a half a teaspoon) and pressure cook at 15psi for an hour. If you don't contaminate it you should be ready to go in about a week and whatever jars you do with it should take off fast.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe [Re: killerjay]
    #863968 -

Ive always wanted to do the mycelium honey-water thing... I think I'll try that tonight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe [Re: tekramrepus]
    #864104 -

Just fill it up the rest of the way with cooled,sterile water..you'll never know the difference.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syring [Re: Pinhead]
    #864596 -

I've noticed that with a decently sporified syringe a lot of spores stick to the side of the syringe, and as the plunger pushes along the side it builds up a good amount of spores
Like pinhead said, if you suck up some fresh sterile water and give it a good shake you'll probably get another couple of good goes out of it.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe [Re: killerjay]
    #864641 -


>I fill the jar half way with tap water add a few drops of honey ( I'm guessing about a half a teaspoon) and pressure cook at 15psi for an hour.

PCing this for an hour isnt necessary.  This excessive time will cause it to carmelize thus adding a yellowish tint to it and making it harder to spot contams.  20 min. works great.

I also agree with pinhead...

--happygrins :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe [Re: happygrins]
    #864697 -

im not sure if i got away with this with no contams yet but i put some honey/water into a small tupperwear container with some seran wrap wrapped around the top of the container......then the top was put ontop of that. I then microwaved that for about 30seconds (Yes seconds!), by then it was boiling excessivly and the top had popped off slightly.

i injected with a syringe and white fluffy stuff started appearing everywhere..........how do u know if a honey/water is contam'd ???

i then made a little mistake, i sucked up 4 syringes with the honey/water because i was bored and had nothing to do..........5 days later and i looked at the syringe and it was THICK with growth, i had a very hard time getting the liquid out into the jars because the myc* kept blocking up the needle

ive got some jars with the honey/water incubating now. so time will tell if i got any contams.

Zed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe *DELETED* [Re: Zed]
    #864736 -

Post deleted by ski_stoned

Reason for deletion: delete


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe [Re: happygrins]
    #865875 -

True an hour is too long for just honeywater jars. Actually I usually cook them longer though for about 1hour and 15 minutes, because I always just sterilize them while I'm doing my rye jars since I usually don't feel like firing up a 22qt cooker for just a couple small jars. So far I haven't had any problems with the mycelium growing in the water, but yes it does get a yellow tint do to carmalization.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syringe [Re: failbot999]
    #866366 -

Is that what killed the dog?


--------------------
Well...Maybe just a little.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syring [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #27271725 -

Rince the syringe!! That's a bloody good idea!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What can I do with 0.5cc of spores in a syring [Re: Rossyboy]
    #27271793 -

dude this thread is 18 years old LOL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Canadian Spore Suppliers.. Experiences? Anonymous 10,386 10 07/29/00 03:09 AM
by Krupa
* wasted spores Blu Spore 3,342 3 02/22/19 12:59 PM
by LosTresOjos
* Re: Spore Price Comparison spores 5,481 16 07/27/00 02:46 PM
by Mycelium5150
* Spore Bacterial Infection?
( 1 2 all )
BladeLSD 12,778 34 05/21/03 05:30 PM
by Suntzu
* a few questions about spore syringes. BladeLSD 1,246 3 04/03/03 04:15 PM
by debianlinux
* Contaminated spore syringe??? life 2,444 3 07/29/03 04:28 PM
by life
* Re: spore sryinges empty? pl151 1,656 7 04/25/01 06:13 PM
by shizifty
* how do you tell if a syring is contaminated HarvestTheBrain 2,583 3 07/17/03 03:08 PM
by MAIA

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
3,353 topic views. 16 members, 216 guests and 130 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.