Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: anyone420]
    #8598384 -

anyone420 said:
Change the education system by teaching math... hmm

Seems like even participating in it is just negative progress.  The teachers union is one of the most authoritarian and disgusting ones out there.  I believe that government schools are just mandatory state indoctrination camps.  Not to mention that they are now making it a jail able offense to home school your own children in many states. 

Hate to bring back this guy, but one of hitlers first actions as 'ruler' was making government schools to control the minds of the young children.

See alot of dangerous parallels there.

But hey, your a statist so what am i even postin this for.



it seems like home school would be even more of an indoctrination.  instead of being exposed to at least a few different viewpoints of teachers, they are being educated exclusively by their parents who are free to fill the kids heads with whatever wackjob christian ideology they have.


--------------------
now i hear the police comin after me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: anyone420]
    #8598395 -

anyone420 said:
Change the education system by teaching math... hmm

Seems like even participating in it is just negative progress.  The teachers union is one of the most authoritarian and disgusting ones out there.  I believe that government schools are just mandatory state indoctrination camps.  Not to mention that they are now making it a jail able offense to home school your own children in many states. 

Hate to bring back this guy, but one of hitlers first actions as 'ruler' was making government schools to control the minds of the young children.

See alot of dangerous parallels there.

But hey, your a statist so what am i even postin this for.



I believe the public school systems are exactly that as well in most situations. That really doesn't feed the recism debate though.

The guy isn't racist, he is obviously expressing prejudices with not just blacks, but many different races, including his own.

I believe it's more or less that he's built stereotypes over the years of his life experience and nothing more.

I'm sure he wouldn't punch a black guy because he's racist and hates all blacks.

He's simply stating that in his experience white people are greedy evil bastards obsessed with their finances and letting money and corporate scams run their lives, and he's sating that blacks are lazy because they live off the goddamn well-fare system.

It's not WRONG and it;s not right. Alot of black families are lazy and live off of welfare, but thats simply because they know nothing else. White people are greedy and obsessed with money, because most people with enough money to do that ARE white.

So really he's not wrong, but he's not right because he's generalizing people as a group, and as a populace, by race.

It's not racism, because he isn't targeting one race, he's generalizing and making stereotypes based on race.

Honestly though, who doesn't hold a stereotype.

Leave him alone.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: doitagain]
    #8598428 -

doitagain said:
anyone420 said:
Change the education system by teaching math... hmm

Seems like even participating in it is just negative progress.  The teachers union is one of the most authoritarian and disgusting ones out there.  I believe that government schools are just mandatory state indoctrination camps.  Not to mention that they are now making it a jail able offense to home school your own children in many states. 

Hate to bring back this guy, but one of hitlers first actions as 'ruler' was making government schools to control the minds of the young children.

See alot of dangerous parallels there.

But hey, your a statist so what am i even postin this for.



it seems like home school would be even more of an indoctrination.  instead of being exposed to at least a few different viewpoints of teachers, they are being educated exclusively by their parents who are free to fill the kids heads with whatever wackjob christian ideology they have.



Well parents have the right to instill any values they want into their children.

Forced participation into a state worshiping system that is designed to dumb you down is the problem. 


As far as brain fart.. not sure what to say to you.  I'm more confused than anything, but my intention wasn't to ridicule him for having prejudice.  Mine was to point out that physically harming those that you don't agree with is wrong.  Thoughts are one thing, physical force is another.


--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: anyone420]
    #8598442 -

anyone420 said:
doitagain said:
anyone420 said:
Change the education system by teaching math... hmm

Seems like even participating in it is just negative progress.  The teachers union is one of the most authoritarian and disgusting ones out there.  I believe that government schools are just mandatory state indoctrination camps.  Not to mention that they are now making it a jail able offense to home school your own children in many states. 

Hate to bring back this guy, but one of hitlers first actions as 'ruler' was making government schools to control the minds of the young children.

See alot of dangerous parallels there.

But hey, your a statist so what am i even postin this for.



it seems like home school would be even more of an indoctrination.  instead of being exposed to at least a few different viewpoints of teachers, they are being educated exclusively by their parents who are free to fill the kids heads with whatever wackjob christian ideology they have.



Well parents have the right to instill any values they want into their children.

Forced participation into a state worshiping system that is designed to dumb you down is the problem. 


As far as brain fart.. not sure what to say to you.  I'm more confused than anything, but my intention wasn't to ridicule him for having prejudice.  Mine was to point out that physically harming those that you don't agree with is wrong.  Thoughts are one thing, physical force is another.



i sympathize with your qualms about the public education system, however i think that by being homeschooled they are likely to be instilled with an even more warped world-view.


--------------------
now i hear the police comin after me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: doitagain]
    #8598445 -

and also there are those rare public school teachers that actually say some real shit from time to time.


--------------------
now i hear the police comin after me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: doitagain]
    #8598462 -

@ doitagain

The problem here is forced participation.  Not the content, necessarily.  They could teach whatever they want, and i'd be fine with it as long as they don't put a gun to my head and force me to pay for it and to send my children to it.

The government is slowly chipping away at the block, and sooner or later it will be an all out mandatory government school, no exceptions.

Thats the problem, the element of force and in turn violence in order to fund and fill schools.


--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: anyone420]
    #8598475 -

My bad, I didn't read through all of it only 75% of post as it seem'd repetitive.

I thought you were bashing him for having an opinion, lol.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: King Koopa]
    #8598522 -

I wish they'd just speak plain English.. When people speak to me using Ebonics, I tell them to come back when they feel like speaking in a language I can understand..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: Brain Fart]
    #8598555 -

Brain Fart said:
The guy isn't racist, he is obviously expressing prejudices with not just blacks, but many different races, including his own.

I believe it's more or less that he's built stereotypes over the years of his life experience and nothing more.

I'm sure he wouldn't punch a black guy because he's racist and hates all blacks.

He's simply stating that in his experience white people are greedy evil bastards obsessed with their finances and letting money and corporate scams run their lives, and he's sating that blacks are lazy because they live off the goddamn well-fare system.

It's not WRONG and it;s not right. Alot of black families are lazy and live off of welfare, but thats simply because they know nothing else. White people are greedy and obsessed with money, because most people with enough money to do that ARE white.

So really he's not wrong, but he's not right because he's generalizing people as a group, and as a populace, by race.

It's not racism, because he isn't targeting one race, he's generalizing and making stereotypes based on race.

Honestly though, who doesn't hold a stereotype.

Leave him alone.



Thanks, thats pretty spot on.
anyone420 said:
Change the education system by teaching math... hmm

Seems like even participating in it is just negative progress.  The teachers union is one of the most authoritarian and disgusting ones out there.  I believe that government schools are just mandatory state indoctrination camps.  Not to mention that they are now making it a jail able offense to home school your own children in many states. 




I'm not aware of the teacher's union, or jailing homeschoolers.  Link me up?

doitagain said:
and also there are those rare public school teachers that actually say some real shit from time to time.



I want to be the rare one and teach students to question what they are told, always.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: Yrtlzmo]
    #8604595 -

Yrtlzmo said:
Ap0calypse said:
When did it become cool to be a fricken thug criminal with no grammer? I hate the hip-hop culture.



Weird, I hate people who hate the hip-hop culture for no real reason. You really like grammar that much? Funny that you misspelled grammar by the way, points for irony!



What? No real reason? did you miss my first sentence? You're totally right about my spelling... my bad totally.
I don't hate hip hop culture for the sake of hating something... I really don't like it because all it does is glamourize crime and well... I dunno, pants hanging to knees with underwear showing and wanna-be thugs running around in "gangs". I don't think i was too off-base here.... what good does it promote? all i see is swearing, guns, money, drugs, thuggery... Now I'm totally being a hipocrite here, because yes - I totally bought into that stuff when I was about 16 through 20... One day i just woke up. My entire area is filled with kids who think they are in gangs... I don't want my kids going to school and seeing this stuff. I don't want my children to think it's cool to be a criminal and I sure as hell don't want them to think that it's acceptable because it's plastered all over music and television.
Now I know it's also ironic for me to think this way, because let's face it... I'm a criminal too right? I mean, I smoke weed, I've done mushrooms and all that- so maybe I have no right to say any of this stuff. But one thing i know is that I don't do harm to my fellow man, I work hard, I am a good person. Can any of this be said about these "role models" in the vast majority of hip hop? Like I said earlier: Guns, money, killing. How is any of this good? Seeing what it's doing to kids around here, it's soo very hard to condone/accept anymore.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: Ap0calypse]
    #8604676 -

Ap0calypse said:
Yrtlzmo said:
Ap0calypse said:
When did it become cool to be a fricken thug criminal with no grammer? I hate the hip-hop culture.



Weird, I hate people who hate the hip-hop culture for no real reason. You really like grammar that much? Funny that you misspelled grammar by the way, points for irony!



What? No real reason? did you miss my first sentence? You're totally right about my spelling... my bad totally.
I don't hate hip hop culture for the sake of hating something... I really don't like it because all it does is glamourize crime and well... I dunno, pants hanging to knees with underwear showing and wanna-be thugs running around in "gangs". I don't think i was too off-base here.... what good does it promote? all i see is swearing, guns, money, drugs, thuggery... Now I'm totally being a hipocrite here, because yes - I totally bought into that stuff when I was about 16 through 20... One day i just woke up. My entire area is filled with kids who think they are in gangs... I don't want my kids going to school and seeing this stuff. I don't want my children to think it's cool to be a criminal and I sure as hell don't want them to think that it's acceptable because it's plastered all over music and television.
Now I know it's also ironic for me to think this way, because let's face it... I'm a criminal too right? I mean, I smoke weed, I've done mushrooms and all that- so maybe I have no right to say any of this stuff. But one thing i know is that I don't do harm to my fellow man, I work hard, I am a good person. Can any of this be said about these "role models" in the vast majority of hip hop? Like I said earlier: Guns, money, killing. How is any of this good? Seeing what it's doing to kids around here, it's soo very hard to condone/accept anymore.



although I'm stepping out on a limb here, as I'm sure to be bashed for agreeing with you, you just completely described how i feel about the whole "scene".  :thumbup:


--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: xshadowmage666x]
    #8606579 -

xshadowmage666x said:
Ap0calypse said:
Yrtlzmo said:
Ap0calypse said:
When did it become cool to be a fricken thug criminal with no grammer? I hate the hip-hop culture.



Weird, I hate people who hate the hip-hop culture for no real reason. You really like grammar that much? Funny that you misspelled grammar by the way, points for irony!



What? No real reason? did you miss my first sentence? You're totally right about my spelling... my bad totally.
I don't hate hip hop culture for the sake of hating something... I really don't like it because all it does is glamourize crime and well... I dunno, pants hanging to knees with underwear showing and wanna-be thugs running around in "gangs". I don't think i was too off-base here.... what good does it promote? all i see is swearing, guns, money, drugs, thuggery... Now I'm totally being a hipocrite here, because yes - I totally bought into that stuff when I was about 16 through 20... One day i just woke up. My entire area is filled with kids who think they are in gangs... I don't want my kids going to school and seeing this stuff. I don't want my children to think it's cool to be a criminal and I sure as hell don't want them to think that it's acceptable because it's plastered all over music and television.
Now I know it's also ironic for me to think this way, because let's face it... I'm a criminal too right? I mean, I smoke weed, I've done mushrooms and all that- so maybe I have no right to say any of this stuff. But one thing i know is that I don't do harm to my fellow man, I work hard, I am a good person. Can any of this be said about these "role models" in the vast majority of hip hop? Like I said earlier: Guns, money, killing. How is any of this good? Seeing what it's doing to kids around here, it's soo very hard to condone/accept anymore.



although I'm stepping out on a limb here, as I'm sure to be bashed for agreeing with you, you just completely described how i feel about the whole "scene".  :thumbup:



and this is what is so sad nowadays. People who don't listen to actual HIP HOP mix up HIP HOP with mainstream RAP.

About 90% of the music you see on mtv or BET that relates to Hip Hop is trash. Thats not Hip Hop, 90% of it is MAINSTREAM RAP, and it has made HIP HOP look so demoralzing. I've noticed this alot, that people who don't listen to any type of, dare I say it "black music", think that HIP HoP is MAINSTREAM RAP. It is not. rap and Hip Hop are different things. Rap mainly constitues money, hoes, 20 inch rims, bling bling, and drugs. Hip Hop constitues striving to be all you can be, knowledge, the struggle of the black community and poverty, and most importantly ART.

I know this, becuase all I listen to is HIP HOP, and some reggae, jazz, and funk/soul music mixed in....not mainstream rap trash and HIP POP.

Please always remember this...What you see on tv is TRASH called mainstream rap. The real Hip Hop music is UNDERGROUND

MAINSTREAM RAP= BS, brainwashing PRODUCT

HIP HOP= Self Expression and ART


--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #8606708 -

what about how fucked up Welsh people talk!?



fucking Welsh...


--------------------


"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8606733 -

Buncha bloodly wankers.


--------------------
Back and out of the Army!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: Roxum]
    #8606843 -

I love mac and cheese...


If people don't want to be stereotyped maybe they shouldn't feed into stereotypes so much. If you don't want to be considered the stereotypical black guy try speaking with proper grammar and you won't be. Maybe your race on a whole will but you'll make an impact on some of the people you meet and change their views.
In the same way maybe you shouldn't assume things of other races. I've gotten into fights with black people and they just freak and call me racist. I don't say anything racist but obviously I must be because I'm fighting with them.

I'm not about to get into this huge debate but there are studies that show differences between all the races, and not all of them show whites as superior. We are all genetically predisposed to accelerate in certain things and not in others. Get over it. A black girl can probably do way better than me in a sporting event but maybe I'll do better on some academic shit. Who cares? An Italian will probably tan better than me but are they superior to me because their genes allow them to tan instead of burn? No. It's just a trait that's usually linked to race...probably because different races evolved with different needs and in different environments. All it means is maybe you'll have to try a little harder to do as well as someone else.

Maybe if people weren't so scared to date outside of their race traits could be combined and we'd end up with one pretty average race.


--------------------
Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the oven.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: ClashingTaco]
    #8609099 -

The above post was retarded

Quote:
A black girl can probably do way better than me in a sporting event but maybe I'll do better on some academic shit.



You just bought into a stereotype

The correct thing to say in replace of the quote would be, Her skin is darker, thus making it les easy for her to burn, because african americans came from africa, where heat conditions tend to be a little more extreme. As well they are in direct sunlight all day.

Your skin is fairer, because that's the climate you've acclamated too.


--------------------

Edited by Brain Fart (07/08/08 05:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #8609125 -

Hip-hop is a culture. Rapping is the delivery method.
There is no ZOMG THIS IS HIP-HOP AND THAT IS RAP. That's just dumb.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: Tangerines]
    #8609129 -

I'm prejudice against racists.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: Tangerines]
    #8609163 -

I'm prejudiced against those who are prejudiced against people who are prejudiced to begin with.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I don't speak rap... [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8609166 -

The air you breath could be better used.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* blackboard online for college?help
( 1 2 all )
Choix Sinaloa 3,250 21 02/07/11 08:26 PM
by KillerPicklez
* I am the King of BlackBoard! memes 668 11 01/13/10 11:16 PM
by mj42070
* BlackBoard Jim 425 2 10/01/05 03:07 PM
by Burke Dennings
* If you like rap check this out slime_R 1,756 14 11/30/02 10:04 PM
by downforpot
* Nelson Mandela Speaks out on US war with Iraq
( 1 2 3 all )
Spiffy 8,600 56 02/16/03 07:27 PM
by Cracka_X
* Post deleted by Administrator EffedS 2,318 10 11/14/02 06:08 PM
by DreaMaTrix
* Why don't we just rename OTD the "Shit Heap"
( 1 2 3 all )
boxtop703 13,402 53 05/07/18 09:20 AM
by Cannabischarlie
* Why don't you post in OTD? Senor_Doobie 3,811 15 02/12/03 06:53 AM
by Shroomism

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
14,112 topic views. 4 members, 280 guests and 142 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.