Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Cells, Stars, Sapiens & Synchronicity
    #8449116 - 05/26/08 11:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Just some thoughts I'd like some input on...
--------------

If you were to take a knife and slice the backside of your hand enough for you to bleed, in order for the wound to reconstruct you would need to first wipe away the blood and then tend the wound.

If you washed your hand with just water it would rinse away the plasma, but not necessarily disinfect any germs that were resident on the knife. Wash with soap, and you may receive better results. Disinfect that wound with hydrogen peroxide and you may notice little bubbles indicating the wound being cleansed through the use of alcohol...
In summary, the more love and care you show for that cut by means of protecting it from harm (dirt, etc) - essentially the faster that cut is going to heal.

In microscopic terms: nerve cells, and in macroscopic terms: nebula(e?) in far reaches of space, can be seen as similar.
http://www.myscopic.co.uk/gallery/detail.html?id=167
http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/pc/brain-universe.html)

Assuming that implies a replication of patterns on an infinite number of levels (example: fractals (http://www.google.ca/search?q=define%3A+fractals&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) , would it not be then fair to assume that we are perhaps cells within a greater organism?

Specifically, what if humans, animals, plants, and everything on this earth are just cells on the organism of our planet... Detached, attached, whatever- we're all bound to exist in relatively the same space by the pull of gravity from the mass of the earth.. We are all from the earth, and we will return to the earth once we die (decomposition, etc).

If that were true, let us scale back down to the cells on our hand...
When a cut heals, (pardon my crude example, but I'm no biologist) different things contained within the blood are solidified over the wound in the forms of a scab. If the scab is left to heal, over time it will regenerate and almost no wound will be seen, depending on the size of the cut.
If no care is given to the wound, again, it will contaminate and healing may take longer, or even leave a nasty scar. Clean the wound daily and you'll reduce chances for scar tissue.

What if, as cells in a greater organism, people were to follow their instinct.. intuition if you will.. What if we weren't distracted by the daily 9 to 5 (or whatever hours you're forced to work) and you were able to always do what 'felt right'.. In the example of the cut on the hand, the cells on the right side of the hand can't 'communicate' by the cells on the left side of the hand, though they both work at what they're programmed to do to (instinct) to achieve a common goal - correcting the wound. What would be the consequence of people working toward their instincts? Perhaps would there be greater synchronicity in their lives?
If we are cells, then I would say absolutely yes - We would be driven by an unobservable force perhaps? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_brain)

How DO cells communicate with the master planning wet-ware within the head? If the cut is in the hand, do they just KNOW what to do? Sure, neurotransmitters travel between neurons and are passed between dendrites as they instruct each other, but we don't fully understand how this process works.. We just have a model based on our current understanding of reality.. Hell - This site: http://www.sfn.org/index.cfm?pagename=brainbackgrounders_howdonervecellscommunicate compares neurons to broccoli! (There's those fractals again)...

Lets assume people are neurons. Lets assume our actions are our neurotransmitters. If we act on positive intent, would that then not propagate throughout or circle of contacts (presuming we're able to maintain that positive intent).. It could be assumed that perhaps the Global Brain would then connect us with other positive cells which would result in a growth in our success towards whatever "Goal" we were meant to accomplish... Only.. we get distracted by things like money and status...

I propose you practice positive intent whenever possible... I'm a believer in synchronicity, and I am a skeptic of things also, only I've experienced it first hand on several occasions. After years of trying to make sense of my experience this is the only thing that really makes sense to me, and quite honestly I'd love to have my theory proven false, but it just keeps appearing more and more the more I have 'faith' in the concept.

It doesn't 'mean' anything, but you may get meaning from it. Just because you haven't been to Disney World, doesn't mean the place doesn't exist.. The same can be said about a connection to the divine.. The one thing common in human history is a constant recurrence of god or god-like archetypes.. These could be considered all parts of the same story, when you step back and consider the possibility..

My two cents. Spend them how you may.
Please don't answer the questions until you've read the entire post.
You may choose many
What percentage of the post did you actually read (approximately) if you're going to go ahead and answer the questions anyways?
You may choose only one
Do you feel this post makes valid points, supporting its theory?
You may choose only one
Does this theory leave you with a buzz, or does it leave you with a feeling of being
You may choose only one
Do you feel that perhaps this argument could be reworked to allow for the unification of various religious groups? (Please check which groups you feel could be swayed by this concept)
You may choose many
Do you feel this post makes too many assumptions to be considered seriously?
You may choose only one
Do you feel like this reading was a waste of your time?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (05/26/08 11:35 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Edited by nubious (05/26/08 11:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Cells, Stars, Sapiens & Synchronicity [Re: nubious]
    #8449284 - 05/27/08 12:37 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Disinfect that wound with hydrogen peroxide and you may notice little bubbles indicating the wound being cleansed through the use of alcohol...

Skin turns hydrogen peroxide into alcohol? Do this and you may well win the 2008 Alchemy Award... :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #8449378 - 05/27/08 01:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Your evidence does not substantiate your theory.

However, it is a cool idea. The universe is growing, aging and supporting life within it... kinda like us. What if the universe itself were a living being? What if we each have a universe inside us?

Unlikely, unproven... and your conclusions are logic-leaping... but still a cool idea. Worth thinking about during a trip, or while meditating... or when smoking a bowl and hanging out with some friends.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Cells, Stars, Sapiens & Synchronicity [Re: Rose]
    #8449531 - 05/27/08 02:51 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome post, nubious. :handth: particularly the fractal references.
However, I agree with Cervantes.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Cells, Stars, Sapiens & Synchronicity [Re: zouden]
    #8449642 - 05/27/08 05:01 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

please study some biology before you embarrass yourself further.
i am tired of seeing very uneducated people gathering followings of even less educated people.
at the best we can look forward to riots at soccer games.

the polls were very well done!

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#8449649 - 05/27/08 05:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nubious said:

Lets assume people are neurons.  Lets assume our actions are our neurotransmitters.  If we act on positive intent, would that then not propagate throughout or circle of contacts (presuming we're able to maintain that positive intent)..  It could be assumed that perhaps the Global Brain would then connect us with other positive cells which would result in a growth in our success towards whatever "Goal" we were meant to accomplish...

Assuming all living creatures are like neurons. The global brain would have two hemispheres, one always asleep and dreaming.

The dreaming half could be a sort of collective unconscious...

I bet plants dream.  :bongload:

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and there
    #8449790 - 05/27/08 07:15 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I like the title of your thread, and it is good read too...just that :shrug: there are too many "ifs, buts, what ifs".

--------------------
Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy - Ambrose Bierce

Medical science has confirmed what the male world has known intuitively for millenia: that scratching your ass is a great aid to complex thinking.

Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations such as Jaish, Lashkar etc.
Its our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces

"Hey Monkey!! Get Funky" - Tarzan and Jane

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Re: Cells, Stars, Sapiens & Synchronicity [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8449956 - 05/27/08 09:02 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

Skin turns hydrogen peroxide into alcohol? Do this and you may well win the 2008 Alchemy Award... :rolleyes:

No, Hydrogen Peroxide is alcohol, is it not?  *Checks Bottle*

Hmm.  Maybe not.  Point noted.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

#8449961 - 05/27/08 09:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I totally agree that this idea has some huge leaps in logic, but otherwise it being a "cool idea" is enough for me to be a believer...

How many of you ever just "knew" the answer to something, and were later proven to be correct? Using reasonable doubt and comparisons to what you already know, it's easy to infer things sometimes about some things..

I'm not saying this is an easy inference, but experience in synchronicity leads me to believe this to be the most accurate model I've been able to come up with.. it makes sense, which is more than some of the gibberish that floats through these forums..

Anyways - thanks for the positive feedback, regardless of who wanted their money back ;-)

--------------------

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#8450838 - 05/27/08 02:41 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting stuff.  I generally agree that positive behaviors will lead to a positive feedback loop.  However taking the metaphor of the brain and that we all behave as neurons, consider that there are many different types of neurons, just as there are different types of cells working to heal the cut in your hand. 

Alot of neurons are also the same "type" yet behave differently due to the way they have grown and connected to other neurons.  So saying or doing something positive to one person may not necessarily lead to a positive result.  For example one might consider offering mushrooms to someone a good action, but they might respond by having you jailed.

It is abstractly analogous to the so-called "skeptics" will rush blindly to attack anyone's posts here, no matter how well intentioned.  Maybe they should ponder their role to play in the overall feedback loop!  :wink:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #8450995 - 05/27/08 03:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nubious said:
I totally agree that this idea has some huge leaps in logic, but otherwise it being a "cool idea" is enough for me to be a believer...

Perhaps you should look at some other cool ideas. There are plenty.

Mormonism is a cool idea too:

No drugs.
No alcohol.
No smoking.
No caffine.
LOTS of sex in this life and the next.
Become God of your own planet.

Buddhism, another cool idea:

We are all one.
Heaven is for the living.
We will come back after death as another form of life.

Communsim, cool too:

All people deserve equal pay for their work.
Two legs good. Four legs bad.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: Cells, Stars, Sapiens & Synchronicity [Re: Rose]
    #8451198 - 05/27/08 04:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Quote:

nubious said:

Perhaps you should look at some other cool ideas. There are plenty.

Mormonism is a cool idea too:

No drugs.
No alcohol.
No smoking.
No caffine.
LOTS of sex in this life and the next.
Become God of your own planet.

Buddhism, another cool idea:

We are all one.
Heaven is for the living.
We will come back after death as another form of life.

Communsim, cool too:

All people deserve equal pay for their work.
Two legs good. Four legs bad.

And yet another...
We inherited the mycelial mat neural structure from mushrooms since they predate plants.
The webbed network information exchange archetype is everywhere in nature and culture/society is this pattern extrapolated into NOW.
You are the fruiting body of your mycelial mat (brain) that is rooted in eternity.  Your spores/ideas/language will germinate when conditions are optimal but will adapt as necessary for ensured survival.
:uptosomething:

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: Cells, Stars, Sapiens & Synchronicity [Re: backfromthedead]
    #8451618 - 05/27/08 06:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It was a lot to read, but I read it. I thought it was thoughtful and sweet.

5 stars.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder