Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8413087 -

Comprehend...

Wrap your head around...

Grasp...

What the fuck did you think I meant? Someone who lies under a standing person?

Do you not understand, "Understand"?

I'm a reformed Buddhist... I understand you when you talk in circles... but I don't see any reason to talk that way... unless you want to prove yourself and your beliefs better than another's...

How unlike the Buddha...


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Edited by Rose (05/17/08 02:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: Grapefruit]
    #8413305 -

if you just described what you mean by understanding by that last response
I would take it that your meaning involves comprehension with anger and
a compulsion to force submission?

i.e. extra baggage & more intensity than what I would mean by "understanding"

would I be alone at that?


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: Rose]
    #8413346 -

Cervantes said:
but the facts we now live by have extended our life expectancy and allowed us to adventure outside our own world.



quite the opposite when it comes to the world of mind...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8413417 -

redgreenvines said:
if you just described what you mean by understanding by that last response
I would take it that your meaning involves comprehension with anger and
a compulsion to force submission?

i.e. extra baggage & more intensity than what I would mean by "understanding"

would I be alone at that?



Let me take you down,
'Cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hungabout.
Strawberry Fields forever.
Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see.
It's getting hard to be someone.
But it all works out,
It doesn't matter much to me.
Let me take you down,
'Cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hungabout.

:fishing:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8413521 -

redgreenvines said:
if you just described what you mean by understanding by that last response
I would take it that your meaning involves comprehension with anger and
a compulsion to force submission?



And from that response... I'd take you for one kinky guy.:naughty:

Quote:
i.e. extra baggage & more intensity than what I would mean by "understanding"

would I be alone at that?



What... are you looking for applause?

This isn't Oprah.



Over and over, Buddhism requires trancendance and letting go...

I do the latter, and it gives me the former.

Buddhism is a guide book... and a decent one... but every time you level up... you must remember to come back to Earth.

Let it go... and then you will trancend.

See?

I can talk in circles too... still, I see little reason to do so in normal conversation.


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: Rose]
    #8413555 -

yes you are right
I am sorry I have tangled with you
I thought you meant something else.
really


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8413569 -

Dude, you and I see eye to eye on a lot of things.

I just have a blunt and tactless delivery.

:wink:


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: Rose]
    #8413697 -

Well to be honest i haven't done a lot of this lately. However i've decided that for me really, it's just about standing back. It's easy to pick holes in other peoples arguments and constantly deliver your point of view. Much harder to stand back and look at things in a different light.

For me in life i've decided i'm going to stand back and take a look at myself. Look where i'm showing too much ego or too little and losing out. It's about striking balance, of course i'm gonna slip up, i'm only human. As long as i can stand back and take note and try not to do that in the future then thats ok.

No one knows the truth in anything, we can all have a lot of interesting theories and thats fun. At the end of the day though? Nobodys got the answer, same goes with all things. That's why i like to see myself in different lights. From multiple perspectives.

I don't think it's good to believe you've arrived at the right conclusion. You just might change your opinion.

P.s. Cervantes: Sorry for the confusion i didn't mean basic things like that, i meant it's more the kind of stuff that we mull over, the debatable stuff if you like.


--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Edited by Grapefruit (05/17/08 05:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: Grapefruit]
    #8413744 -

Standing back is best done not by going all batshit meta on one's arse but by grounding oneself and breathing a little. Then may the brain let the brain use the brain. You're one, try loving it.

Here's a post, and that's the truth, and I'm pretty damn confident about it. And so should you.

Quote:
i didn't mean basic things like that, i meant it's more the kind of stuff that we mull over, the debatable stuff if you like.



Pretty hard to draw a line isn't it ? Lets keep from doing so and speak your mind :wink:

...but most importantly, what was the question again ?

Edited by deimya (05/17/08 05:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: deimya]
    #8413774 -

It's hard to find the line, yes. I know where it is for me. That's what's important.

We can have interesting theories on things but everyone spends all day attacking each others argument. Why all the conflict, isn't it better to have a wellspring of ideas, thoughts and opinions?

Almost all opinions have possibilities.


--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: Grapefruit]
    #8413802 -

Anyway guys who knows maybe i'll stay if you like my creative input just from now on. Me personally? I'm pretty much neutral, i might have an opinion on something but what I think whats best for me is when discussing the kind of things on this forum is to challenge myself as i go. To present as many different ideas as i can from as many different viewpoints as i can.


--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: Grapefruit]
    #8413822 -

Grapefruit said:
Well what a week it's been what can i say. From severe anxiety depression and depersonalisation. To none of this. I've had so many beliefs i don't know where to begin.

From never thinking there was god, to actually seeing and feeling i was god/one. Never ever expected that. I saw it as so real. Then i saw it as emptiness after that, I also saw that as real.

I wanted to apologize for thinking i'd come to any correct conclusions.

Emptiness, Oneness, Ego? Who the hell knows what's right. It sure isn't me. People who say the know the truth are almost always lying, to themselves or everyone else.

I doubt anyone can every come to truly correct conclusions.

Maybe that in the doing of searching for the truth we are just getting further and further from it. When i thought i'd lost my ego, that was when it was at it's largest.

Maybe by intellectualizing egolessness, emptiness or ego we are just getting further and further into ego. When you think you have no ego, your mind might be just playing tricks on you and really you have the largest ego of all.

Eventually you just end up trying to be bigger than god. When really it's all just your mind playing tricks on you. So is ego, self-image it's probably false too.

So if you do something and your ego gets really big and you feel anger or self-importance. Then what? Well in my opinion it's just about saying "Hey! You know what? Tommorrow's another day."

You dont have to have Ego, Oneness or Emptiness to feel peace without fear or doubt or insecurities. The mind is a powerful tool, you can bend it to your will, do whatever you want with it. It's free to be yours.

Really letting go? In my opinion? More about not caring if you show a lot of ego and become rash or you show too much harmony and compassion and end up losing out on things.

More about realizing you can't come to any real conclusions. So why try? Just enjoy life for what it is, uncertain and fun.

Ego, Oneness, Emptiness? They can all be felt with validity, all products of the mind. Really though? I don't think there's any point in any of them. We just go over them all thinking about and intellectualizing all of them when you can never arrive at any certain truth, real peace is found when you stop perciving any truth in your mind. When we just give up. Stop mulling over things that just get boring after a while and accept that we dont know. We never can or will.

I still have peace, unconditional love and joy. You need to look to find enlightenment to find these things. Enlightenment is still just a whole lot of bollocks, no one can know something, no one can find truth.

So for all the above reasons im gonna stop discussing truths of life on this forum and with my mates and just apologize for thinking i knew something nobody could ever know for sure.

A never ending search just gets boring after a while.

Peace and love. :heart: :peace: :bigblunt:



Cheery bye.:thumbup:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (05/17/08 06:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: Grapefruit]
    #8414643 -

Grapefruit said:
Quote:
There are those rare times when the product sells itself.



.
QFT, quite rare though. Some of the greatest inventors in the world have been poor sales people. They died before their ideas got to market.
.
Quote:
I'll keep my old broom a while longer.



.
How about throwing the broom away? And just letting the wind do it's work?



I think you missed the metaphor....
If you don't clean up the messes yourself as it builds up, you might end up accidentally tracking it in, unnoticed....
The wind will just blow more liter and debris right to your door, and it will just keep piling up....   
Without the clutter, it is easier to focus....  :thumbup:


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: Grapefruit]
    #8414835 -

that is very true


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8414848 -

What is the difference between true and very true?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8414859 -

It is almost better than "pretty true"....  :shrug:
Almost, that is....

>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8414968 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
What is the difference between true and very true?



how much you feel like nodding when you say it.
you knew that didn't you?


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Exeunt me, plus an apology and a final word. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8416301 -

redgreenvines said:
OrgoneConclusion said:
What is the difference between true and very true?



how much you feel like nodding when you say it.
you knew that didn't you?



PWNED!;-)


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Apologizing and excuse-making Swami 1,267 18 07/18/05 06:51 PM
by Icelander
* learning to apologize Moonshoe 1,733 16 09/20/04 12:52 AM
by Mushmonkey
* Public Apology
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Swami 5,106 69 02/07/04 02:09 PM
by MAIA
* Final Question(s) for Homeopathy Aficianados
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Swami 6,010 108 01/03/06 04:08 PM
by SneezingPenis
* My Apologies cosmicchic 1,106 17 05/02/04 06:46 AM
by JacquesCousteau
* A thought (I apologize for the poor transcription) GnuBobo 610 12 05/23/05 07:38 PM
by Droz
* Why the endless apologies?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Swami 3,206 62 04/30/05 01:31 PM
by fireworks_god
* I just want to apologize Silversoul 1,071 13 05/08/06 10:45 PM
by Diploid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,336 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 47 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.