Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflanders53
enthusiast
Loc: NY
I saw Tool last night in Syracuse NY on Pan Subbs!
    #835293 - 08/22/02 06:01 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Last night I saw Tool live for the second time in Syracuse NY. Last time I saw them was last October in Albany. Seeing them the first time was a dream come true, and seeing them once
more was truly a blessing. They are by far my favorite band, I can't describe how much I like
them.

I went with 4 friends, J, C, L, and J's brother. I had roughly 8 grams of dried Panaeolus
Subbalteatus mushrooms that I had been saving. I picked them at a spot I know of around here.
I split them with J before we left, and he ate before getting in the car. The others didn't eat
because there wasn't enough, and we drew straws to decide. J's trip came on as we arrived, and
I ate upon arriving at the stadium. J was tripping when Tomahawk came on, and I feel sorry for
him to have to experience such a shitty band while under that influence. My trip was timed
perfectly, I felt the effects come on as they were preparing the stage for Tool. The trip wasn't
heavy, some visual changes were noticeable, and definitely strong body effects. Alex Grey's
draperies were so beautiful, and the visualizations playing on the screens also were awesome.

The whole show was a sensory overload, Tool played flawlessly as usual. Compared to the last
show I saw, they played heavier and more enthusiastically. We had very very very good seats,
we were perfectly seated to see all the draperies and visual effects and also all the band
members very well. I got a much better view of Danny this time, and, being a drummer, it made it
that much better. He is by far the very best drummer I've ever watched. Also, the drummer from
Tomahawk came on to play with Tool for Triad, which made it absolutely fucking amazing. The
unison of the two was incredible, and I spent the whole time with my jaw dropped. Maynard's
vocals were stunning as usual. All the band members exhibited such amazing talent, I was
stupefied the whole show.

I spent the whole time completely ecstatic, and the mushrooms magnified the experience tenfold.
I've read numerous accounts of when mushrooms make a concert worse. In this case, they made
it divine. The experience I had last night was unlike any other, and I hope beyond all else that I
can see them just once more. I feel as though I should explain the concert more, but it is truly
beyond description. I was in awe for almost an hour after the show.

I know a few other members of OG were at this show. What did you think? I'm still dumbfounded,
and all the songs are running through my head.

I THINK OF GOING TO THE GRAVE WITHOUT EVER SEEING TOOL AS I THINK OF GOING TO THE
GRAVE WITHOUT EVER HAVING SEX.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: I saw Tool last night in Syracuse NY on Pan Subbs! [Re: flanders53]
    #835307 - 08/22/02 06:16 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like an awesome time. I'm going to see Tool in Calgary on October 7 and was debating whether to ingest some hallucinogen. I think I will What was the setlist? Did they play any surprises? I will piss my pants if they play Third Eye.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlineflanders53
enthusiast
Loc: NY
Re: I saw Tool last night in Syracuse NY on Pan Su [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #835703 - 08/22/02 10:06 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Definitely do some sort of psychedelic man. Their set is fucking mindblowing. The work of Alex Grey is soooo amazing. Don't do too much though. I think I did just the right amount. I'd say eat a gram and a half or 2 grams of cubies for it, or maybe drop a hit of acid. Have an awesome time. Setlist went something like this.

Sober
The Grudge
Stinkfist
Aenima
46&2
Schism
Parabol/Parabola
Disposition
Reflection
Triad(fucking crazy!!!!)
(MJK speaks for a little while)
Lateralis.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: I saw Tool last night in Syracuse NY on Pan Su [Re: flanders53]
    #836362 - 08/22/02 02:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Opening with Sober... cool

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

Offlineilluminated
Stranger
Loc: the Manor
    #838772 - 08/23/02 04:38 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I just saw them last week at the meadowlands, they were fucking amazing! I didn't trip though, just smoked a bunch of pot and opium. My friedn scored some acid in the parking lot, i was jealous.
Even though i was just high, the atmospshere was a trip: the stage was nuts the screens were intense the crowd was singing every word of every song completely in unison. And they played so fucking amazing! That Triad drum session was the craziest thing i've ever seen! Best concert i've ever seen!

--------------------
7 hits of L and nobody can tell...

OfflinejUrkel
No title?!?
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada,...
    #840443 - 08/24/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Man...I got home from work at 4 and the only tickets that are left are the damn upper sections...this makes me sad. And they only went on sale at noon!
If anyone gets some for the calgary show they don't need, let me know!!!!!

OfflinejUrkel
No title?!?
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada,...
Re: I saw Tool last night in Syracuse NY on Pan Subbs! [Re: jUrkel]
    #840454 - 08/24/02 11:32 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

or Edmonton...that would just about be the greatest thing ever...besides calgary

OfflineShroomNewb
enthusiast
    #841236 - 08/24/02 07:10 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I'm going to the show in Edmonton.. dunno if I wanna trip or not..
Would be a shame if the concert was ruined by nausea

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: I saw Tool last night in Syracuse NY on Pan Subbs! [Re: ShroomNewb]
    #842320 - 08/25/02 01:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Good for you flanders! Glad your enjoying your 'pickins!

Shroom on!
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

OfflineMuShi_KiNg
---------|)
Re: I saw Tool last night in Syracuse NY on Pan Subbs! [Re: Fd3000]
    #847595 - 08/27/02 05:37 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Wicked man sounds like Fun ;>
I give you h shrrom stars for da post :>

OfflineMuShi_KiNg
---------|)
Re: I saw Tool last night in Syracuse NY on Pan Subbs! [Re: Fd3000]
    #847596 - 08/27/02 05:37 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Wicked man sounds like Fun ;>
I give you 5 shrrom stars for da post :>

OfflineCanucklehead
semi-omnipotent
Loc: Western Canada
Re: I saw Tool last night in Syracuse NY on Pan Subbs! [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #849139 - 08/28/02 11:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

See you at the Saddledome Cyberchump, I'll be the guy with the pupils as big as saucers.

--------------------
Corporate media serves corporate interests. Open your eyes to the real world around you, support independent media.

Edited by Canucklehead (08/28/02 11:33 AM)

Offlinemarathonman
studento'shrooms
Loc: always movin'
    #849390 - 08/28/02 01:39 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Tool is my favorite band also. I saw them last Oct. in Kansas City. I was blown away. I am hoping they come back this way soon. Maynard is the fucking Man!

--------------------
** Everything written here is a lie **

"There is nothing so exhilarating as being shot at, and missed." -- Theodore Roosevelt

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: I saw Tool last night in Syracuse NY on Pan Subbs! [Re: Canucklehead]
    #849610 - 08/28/02 03:56 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

There'll be a lot of people like that We should have a pupil dilation contest. Sometimes I swear my pupils expand past my irises . Are you tripping or rolling or both? I'm probably eating some cubes but if my friend has acid we'll do that . I hope they play Third Eye or Pushit!

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#849615 - 08/28/02 04:00 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Better to get Tool tickets than not get Tool tickets My buddy said we got third row something but he assured me that they are no where near the floor

--------------------

OfflineChikhai
Loc: Florida
    #849721 - 08/28/02 04:58 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

=)

I saw them August 4th at the Teco Arena in Fort Myers FL. I was on the floor with like 10 other people and I think like 6 of them were tripping. I was on an 1/8th of some pretty nice cubies... the entire concert was mind blowing, My jaw was dropped for at Least an hour after the lights came on, and my mind didn't come back to me until sometime the next day. Everything you said makes total sense to me. No need to explain it my friend, some things words just can not describe

--------------------
"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf wife.

OfflineCanucklehead
semi-omnipotent
Loc: Western Canada
Re: I saw Tool last night in Syracuse NY on Pan Subbs! [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #853183 - 08/30/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I do plan on eating a few cubes before the show. We didn't get floor seats but as long as I get to see them again I'm not too concered.

--------------------
Corporate media serves corporate interests. Open your eyes to the real world around you, support independent media.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder