Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Karma is bullshit [Re: DR. PRIME]
    #8333463 -

Even if something bad happens to you, as a good person there will be people by your side who will help you in what way they can. Bad people don't get this, when they die no one will be a there funeral and if they get sick no one will visit them in hospital.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma is bullshit [Re: Innominate]
    #8333500 -

Karma doesn't exist in the way that nutty mysticists believe it does.

It's much more real world and practical. If you go around being a dick to someone, you're eventually going to take a fall. There is nothing magical about it though.

Likewise, if you are nice to others, eventually others will take notice and you will be rewarded.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma is bullshit [Re: Redstorm]
    #8333533 -

Redstorm said:
Karma doesn't exist in the way that nutty mysticists believe it does.

It's much more real world and practical. If you go around being a dick to someone, you're eventually going to take a fall. There is nothing magical about it though.

Likewise, if you are nice to others, eventually others will take notice and you will be rewarded.



:ilold:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma is bullshit [Re: Innominate]
    #8333607 -

I think you don't understand what karma actually is. The popular conception of karma is a complete misunderstanding. It has nothing to do with "if you do something bad, something bad will happen to you". Wrong.

Karma is simply the idea that every single one of our actions, no matter how seemingly insignificant, has some effect on the rest of the world around us. Therefore, the effect you exert on the rest of the world could create some change that may or may not effect your experience in return. Chances are you'll never see anything of the "karma" you create.

Here is a good buddhist story that describes karma.

A girl in tibet wanted to go off to the temple and live as a buddhist nun. But her parents would not let her. She ran away three times, but was always caught and brought back by her father. The next time she ran away, her father was so infuriated that he chained her to the wall and was ready to beat her with an iron rod. The girl said, "beat me to death. I am willing to die, but I refuse to go back to live the day to day life." Finally her father gave in and allowed her to become a nun.

Not long after, she became a very successful nun, and had students of her own. She got word that her father was ill, and so she and her students took turns taking care of him. Even the his daughter, the nun's master went in to visit. The father began to cry uncontrollably, and as he sobbed he explained to the master, "I have created negative karma, I tried to keep my daughter from becoming a nun. I have created karmic hindrances."

The master looked at him and said, "no no you haven't. Look what has become of it. You're influence only made her more determined to become a great nun, and look, she has become a very great nun. So caring that she and her students have come to take care you you, when all your other children hadn't the time."

So sometimes, bad things you do can actually have a positive karmic effect. Make sure you actually understand karma before you go and say its bullshit.

Edited by BoneMan (04/27/08 10:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma is bullshit [Re: Innominate]
    #8333668 -

Innominate said:
I was at the motherfucking supermarket getting some muchies at like 2am



Supermarkets are open at 2AM in Florida?

Damn, they close at 10-11PM here...


--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma is bullshit [Re: Snape]
    #8333870 -

Some are open 24/7.



And boneman, sorry, but that's just way too spiritual and out there for me. I don't believe in karma, I believe in coincidence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma is bullshit [Re: Innominate]
    #8334092 -

I feel karma has to do with your reaction to situations. You had something bad happen to you - what's your reaction? get super-bitter and bitch about it on the shroomery. A guy gives you something in return, but doesn't live up to the value you feel you deserve, and you get more bitter.

Perhaps if you walked around super happy, all these immaterial situations you're put in wouldn't have an effect on you, you're life would be much better due to you're constantly positive outlook, and you're "karma" would be for the better.


That's why I constantly walk around smiling, rarely get angry at anything, and don't let much get to me.

Guess what - it works.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Karma is bullshit [Re: memes]
    #8334109 -

On the other end of the spectrum, I found £15 ($30) at college this week :grin:

One of my friends also found an 8gb ipod nano :shocked:


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A lesson in Karma....
( 1 2 all )
Madtowntripper 2,544 30 06/30/05 02:24 PM
by Ravus
* What if there is no Karma?
( 1 2 all )
Scolecite 2,066 22 05/03/04 12:34 AM
by Viveka
* Believe in good Karma? I do after $420
( 1 2 all )
laska 4,570 33 05/01/07 04:23 AM
by blissedout
* Fuck Karma! The World is Governed by Chaos
( 1 2 all )
pantsboy 3,581 29 08/12/06 02:35 PM
by notapillow
* Karma (the shit works!)
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 1,969 23 07/16/07 10:20 PM
by RandalFlagg
* Karma bhamlaxy 1,389 14 02/03/07 10:34 PM
by eligal
* America's Karma? Ravus 989 18 08/03/05 05:12 PM
by Todcasil
* Proof Karma is crap
( 1 2 3 all )
Crasher 4,355 47 02/12/08 09:30 AM
by Bridgeburner

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,090 topic views. 6 members, 8 guests and 61 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.