Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecnidarium
radiallysymetric

Loc: benthic
inoculating substrate question/comment
    #832465 - 08/21/02 08:13 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I have innoculated straw with both Rye Berries and PF jars. The Jars spread so much faster. I assume that it is a result of the smaller particle size of Jars VS. whole grain. This surprises me since so many rave about grain.

Am I doing something wrong or is this everyones experience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehenryp
Refugee from the Group W bench

Re: inoculating substrate question/comment [Re: cnidarium]
    #834291 - 08/21/02 06:34 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Haven't used rye, but with millet (which is smaller than rye), both Tasmanian and Eq colonize quart jars within 2 weeks. No problems, yields a LOT better than BRF.....

--------------------
"You do know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?  You just put your lips together and.....blow"

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: inoculating substrate question/comment [Re: cnidarium]
    #834307 - 08/21/02 06:40 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You're supposed to bust your rye berries up into separate berries, not use big chunks.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Offlinecnidarium
radiallysymetric

Loc: benthic
Re: inoculating substrate question/comment [Re: TM]
    #835010 - 08/22/02 03:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

What I did exactly is wet pasteurize 80/20 timothy hay organic composted manure. Half was innoculated with a PF cake and half with 3 C. of rye berries. The cake was crumbled to BB size or smaller. The berries where broken up in jar and poured into bulk and no clumps of 5 or more berries where seen. The substrates where then mixed to give even distribution and further break everything up.

The grain was fully colonized and I shook and rested 2 days before transfer. It may have been over colonized as the jar and grain where inoculated at the same time. I cant see the grain being nutritionally depleted in 4 weeks.

I have done 4 or 5 more grain spawns and have seen the same thing. My temps are a bit low at 75 F but this is speed RELATIVE to the PF jar innoculation that I am talking about.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags