Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Starting up a World of Warcraft account.. [Re: Adden]
    #8329312 - 04/26/08 01:35 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Sorry but I've gotta lol at the nelf.

Yeah on the nelf.. I know.. I know. I was a fucking noob when I rolled this character. I knew nothing about the game and didn't read anything beforehand.. I just looked at the screen and was like... hey, I like elves!.. and shadowmeld sounds like a cool ability. Little did I know.. By the time I realized the error of my ways it was way too late and I had too much time invested in it to just start over. But pretty much any other race I could have picked would have been better. Gnome or human or dwarf would all be pro. Believe me I pray for the day they will allow paid race changes. I'd probably go human if I had to do it all over.. perception and +swords is just.. yeah.

But yeah I've been playing since late 2005, in a raiding guild.. and still manage to maintain a full time job....and a social life... and a girlfriend when I have one :shrug:. It's what I do for entertainment late at night. Some people watch TV, I don't own one. But my guild is pretty cool about people taking breaks and shit as long as you give notice. And yeah.. vanquisher drops like candy for us. 8 Illidan kills, 17 vanquisher chests to give you an idea.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot

Loc: Flag
Re: Starting up a World of Warcraft account.. [Re: Shroomism]
    #8329321 - 04/26/08 01:40 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

QQ at my human warlock :frown: I stopped playing her once I realized what a mistake it was. I've been playing a forsaken rogue just so I can be overpowered and start a class properly.

They really need something like "extreme makeover: warcraft edition". Race, gender, feature change all that. So many people would pay for it. I know at least a dozen people that did name changes and that's what, $400 profit for some guy to click "OK" on his computer twelve times?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #8329336 - 04/26/08 01:47 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah WoTF is sick. Horde have all the best PvP racials.. I would have rolled undead rogue if I knew what I was doing except my friends were on alliance. Although I don't know what you're talking about.. warlocks are pretty insane all across the board, especially humans or gnomes in arena. They also excel in endgame PvE. The only thing that owns a warlock now is... rogues. Didn't use to be that way though before cloak of skill. But warlocks still pretty much own anyone else.

And yeah.. seconded on the extreme makeover thing. I would change my race in a fucking heartbeat.

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot

#8329347 - 04/26/08 01:57 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

SL/SL was fun, 43/7/11 was fun, percept was somewhat useful to kill maybe 5% of rogues.

There's just something unappealing about sitting back and hitting 2,3,4 every couple seconds while spamming 5 during a raid.

All my friends were ally too and I'm one of the very few left so it's kinda like :wtf: is the point anymore.

After all the EQ, I should've known what I was getting into. :sad:

From one overpowered class to another! :cheers:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #8329383 - 04/26/08 02:15 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I can see how a warlock could be boring. But they top damage meters pretty often with almost no effort. I love the rogue class though, PvE is pretty easy.. but more involved and more micro-management then most classes. PvP... rogue is probably the hardest class to master IMO. Maybe next to mage. There's a huge difference between an ok rogue and a excellent rogue. I'm -still- learning shit after 2 1/2 years. Trying to hit gladiator this season. But fucking warriors and their fucking mace stuns and spamstring are the bane of my existence. Fuck.

I'm pretty sure Arenas and resilience completely fucked up the game, but if you can't beat 'em.. join 'em.
At least WoW isn't half as bad of a grind as EQ was.. and generally a better game. Blizzard improved on EQs mistakes.(most of them). But now they are making mistakes of their own. WoTLK will either be the death of WoW or the start of another 2 years of prosperity depending on how bad they fuck it up.

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: Starting up a World of Warcraft account.. [Re: Snape]
    #8329396 - 04/26/08 02:27 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

ya'll should armory shroomery. he's my alt >_<

xast is my main on eonar though...don't play too much anymore.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot

#8329404 - 04/26/08 02:32 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'd like to see the enterprise collapse to tell you the truth, and I think the end is near.

If you think about it, endgame expectations are so ridiculous already anyway. You have to dedicate a very good portion of your life to play it and sometimes it's not enjoyable - it's mandatory. The bar's set pretty high right now for PvE, PvP, etc. What's WoTLK going to bring to the table?

I'm tempted to just go to an RP server and totally nerd it out.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #8329483 - 04/26/08 03:42 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

That's one of the things I never liked about WoW, is even in the RP servers it didn't seem like there was much RP'ing going on.

I will admit to being a total and complete nerd.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleRoom4Shroom
 User Gallery

Re: Starting up a World of Warcraft account.. *DELETED* [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8331012 - 04/26/08 03:22 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Room4Shroom

Reason for deletion: N/A

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot

Re: Starting up a World of Warcraft account.. [Re: Room4Shroom]
    #8331033 - 04/26/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Gul'Dan has a pretty decent horde population. A lot are stuck up because their server got invaded by n00bs when it went to Recommended.

But, there's always groups, the market is outstanding, the world PvP is fun because kids wanna be the "good guys" and roll ally, thus sucking at PvP.

If my first warlock was horde, I'd go orc for the stun resist, especially with the 5% stun resist meta gems. Rogue/warrior stunlocks will be the bane of your existence. You basically just sit there and die.

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
    #8331407 - 04/26/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Room4Shroom said:
I've been reading up on all the classes and their abilities, and I'm thinking that I'll roll an undead warlock on a PvP server. It'd be awesome to play with someone interested in a shadow priest because it looks like the two classes compliment each other very well.

Haven't been home yet today, but the game should be in the mailbox - so i'll start later today or tomorrow.

I'm really interested in battlegrounds and eventually some arena. PM me if you want to start up a couple toons :smile:

man, you should totally check out the shaman class.  that is hands down, my favorite class ever.  it offers melee (enhancement spec) casting (elemental spec) and healing (restoration spec).  enhancement spec shammies (prefer orc or troll because of racial, but the tauren stun is always super nice) are one of the highest DPSin classes ever.  with the ability to heal yourself, and snare, you have the makings of a bad ass PvP and PvE character.

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
    #8331418 - 04/26/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Blizzard improved on EQs mistakes.(most of them).

Oh definetly.

That's the first thing that came to my mind when I started playing WoW, I thought "This game is a copy of EQ, but 100 000 times better". And it really is.

I hate EQ to death. The quests are boring and hectic as all hells, the characters aren't really appealing, the fighting system is slow and empty...

The only good thing about EQ is that it included a built-in mp3 player. I laughed my ass off when I was playing stoned and goblins would walk in sync with "Money" by Pink Floyd.

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

InvisibleRoom4Shroom
 User Gallery

Re: Starting up a World of Warcraft account.. *DELETED* [Re: smokeybear]
    #8331538 - 04/26/08 05:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Room4Shroom

Reason for deletion: N/A

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
    #8331598 - 04/26/08 06:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

locks are overpowered when played right. imo (and a lot of others) druids seem to be super over powered at the moment. i love the druid class (its my main heh) and it is one of the harder classes to play IMO, you have a lot of different forms, and each form has a different function (bear for tanking, cat for DPS, moonkin for cast DPS, and tree for healing) plus its really easy to escape most people on a good druid.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Cannibliss

thats me. i am right at 13 days played (that is 13 actually 24 hour days) and i am about to hit 69. it takes a while if your unfamiliar with the zones, but get questhelper. that will seriously probably cut your leveling time in about 1/4 of what it is.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Starting up a World of Warcraft account.. [Re: smokeybear]
    #12707946 - 06/08/10 09:20 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I started playing again. :facepalm:

Really tho, this time I won't let it consume my life. :todcasil:

Yeah sure. lol

Help me.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Starting up a World of Warcraft account.. [Re: Kada]
    #12708082 - 06/08/10 10:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

delete your computer.

before you delete your life.

--------------------

OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

Re: Starting up a World of Warcraft account.. [Re: DeathCompany]
    #12708656 - 06/08/10 11:50 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You know that at some point you will quit playing. And then you will wonder why you started playing in the first place. It's not like it's something you can put on your CV. You can only count all the hours you played and wasted. You might get a lvl 60, 70 or 80 character or whatever the hell it is ATM. But it is not real. It's an illusion that has been created to take your money while giving you nothing in return.

I used to play and I'm glad I quit. The only good thing I got out of it is that I learned that playing video games, unless you do it with friends (real friends), is a waste of time.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Starting up a World of Warcraft account.. [Re: Kamek]
    #12708697 - 06/08/10 11:57 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I stopped playing for a year and a half. I have a few 80's and so does my wife. We have 2 accounts so we can play at the same time. I know I get nothing out of it, but I don't get anything out of watching tv at night either but I do that too. When I play wow I don't watch tv at all, so I guess it's a trade off of evils. :shrug:

I started a druid yesterday and he is level 15 already. Ahhh why is this pointless game so fun?

When I play I don't smoke or drink much. I haven't smoked hardly at all since we started playing again. I get so wrapped up in the game we just don't bother getting any green. It's killing my buzz literally lol.

Why is this game so much like a drug? It's been compared to being addicted to cocaine by researchers.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: Starting up a World of Warcraft account.. [Re: Kada]
    #12708792 - 06/08/10 12:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
Why is this game so much like a drug? It's been compared to being addicted to cocaine by researchers.

because the whole thing about it is maintaining your character status, which (especially when other players are involved) requires that you spend WAAYYY too much time playing it.

WoW cannot be used as an example to prove that all videogames are a waste of time. If it requires you to continuously do something mundane, for no truly rewarding purpose, then for the most part it is probably a waste.

But reading a crappy book can also be a waste of time. Playing a really good videogame can be much like immersing yourself in a good book, movie, or videogame. If it inspires your imagination, it can be a worthwhile experience, imo. Especially if you can do it ONLY when the time is right.

Books don't DEMAND that you consistently read them so that the characters in the book don't shun you, or gain ridiculously higher levels than you.

maybe i'm not articulating myself so well, but hopefully you get the point.

when I play a game, even if the environment itself is really cool, I still question the actual activities I am doing. Diablo 2, for instance...SOOO much cool stuff about that game, but for me personally, it is overpowered by the mundanity of point, click, collect, repeat. The competitive side of that game seems less about skill (which is why I can appreciate counter-strike, it is very strategic and requires skill/discipline to be very good at), and more about maintaining a collection.\

What's the point of maintaining a card collection? I'd rather challenge myself in some way that doesn't involve repeating the same things over and over and over

don't get me wrong, there are things about WoW and Diablo 2 that I could see myself enjoying very much... but after observing how pointlessly time consuming it can be,

I'll pass.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: Starting up a World of Warcraft account.. [Re: the bizzle]
    #12708803 - 06/08/10 12:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

No wait, I can't pass, or eat dinner, or take a bath, exercise, etc.... If I don't finish this 2 hour quest, my teammates will be mad at me

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale