Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Idea!
    #830658 -

I use essential oils for everything from household cleaning to healing sunburns. I opened a bottle of peppermint oil the other day to add to some soap I was making (yes, I make soap, candles, lip gloss, shampoo, air freshener, and am growing my first batch of shrooms right now!) Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had ever put a flavoring on their dried shrooms (like cinnamon tooth picks we used to make in school). After drying the shrooms you could either put a couple of drops from some great smelling oil of in the bag you are storing the shrooms in or you could spray a small amount of glycerine (a sweet tasting all natural preservative) with a couple of drops of the oil in it. I hear people bellyache about how bad tasting shrooms are... maybe make them taste like peppermint, cinnamon, orange, really any flavor you can find in the essentail oil section of your local herb shop. Has anyone tried anything like this? What does everyone think? Im going to birth my cakes in about a week. Im going to try it out and Ill keep everyone posted if anyone wants to know about my little experiment...


--------------------
I'm just a field researcher for Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.

My entry so far.... "shrooms: Mostly harmless"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: noisycricket]
    #830710 -

I think that's a wonderful idea. It might work. Although I think the problem with shrooms, is more the texture.. of dried shrooms.. they are so.... dry. They get in your teeth, and are just overall gritty and gross. I doubt there's any oil that would fix that problem. Besides the wankers can just toss em in some OJ and blend =)


--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: noisycricket]
    #830754 -

I think I'll stick with my blender and some Sunny Delight or Iced Tea or Hawaiian Punch, but thanks anyway.


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: noisycricket]
    #830768 -

I agree with Trip. They are easy to take that way, so I'm not sure why people are always looking for more elaborate methods.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: MechanicalMan]
    #830826 -

Come on guys...different flavors. (I think everyone said the same thing to FORD when he was building cars..."who would want a red car or a blue car, lets just stick to black, tan, and white!"). Im going to give it a try,


--------------------
I'm just a field researcher for Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.

My entry so far.... "shrooms: Mostly harmless"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: noisycricket]
    #830839 -



--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: noisycricket]
    #830916 -

I don't know how well that would work. Adding enough peppermint or cinnamon flavor to a mushroom so that it completely kills the taste would require an overpowering amount of extract. Could you imagine choking that stuff down when it's burning your mouth? I think I would rather just taste them au natural.

If you really hate the taste, making tea or kool-aid is fun. Chop them up (fresh or dry) really fine and add them to boiling water. Boil for 15-20 minutes and them steep for another 15-20. Strain using a coffee filter and squeeze out all the liquid from the shrooms. If you want tea, steep the shrooms and tea bags at the same time. Of course if you want the kool-aid, add the mix at the end of the process.

Keep in mind that tea seems to hit you faster and harder. Some people like it, some don't.

Peace


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #831043 -

isnt heat bad......doesnt it kill the psilocybin or somethin?


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #831089 -

Boiling water is not hot enough to destroy the active constituents. If you don't believe me, try the above recipe with at least 2g dry (or 20g fresh) and if it doesn't do the trick, I will give you a free spore print.


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #831190 -

lol no i believe you.....just curious thats all:)


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #831201 -

NAME : Psilocybin
MELTING POINT 220-228? C (Crystals from boiling water)
MELTING POINT 185-195? C (Crystals from methanol)

From the Merck Index 12th Edition


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: Macey Howard]
    #831271 -

Gee, I wonder where you got that novel idea!


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: TM]
    #832050 -

Did someone else think of it first?...

Anyway, it would only take a small amount of oil to do the trick maybe two drops for a small bag. And I dont think they taste that bad.
I like them mixed with frozen concentrated orange juice (the alkaloids are made more available to your body in an acid environment because
they turn to alkaloid salts (just a few steps away from free base form)) I just thought, since so many people complain about them it
would be a good idea to flavor them. I like the idea about the coins...


--------------------
I'm just a field researcher for Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.

My entry so far.... "shrooms: Mostly harmless"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: noisycricket]
    #832128 -

my friend has never put essential oil directly on a shroom, but she does use them in other ways. for misting she uses lavender water. 1 cup water + 1 drop lavender oil makes an antiseptic lavender water. and she uses a few drops of tea tree in her diffuser when doing sterile work. (homemade diffuser: steaming pot of water, add 3-5 drops essential oil, tea tree is antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral)

if you try putting the oil on the shrooms let us know how it works out.


--------------------
this post is a work of fiction and is for entertainment purposes only.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: noisycricket]
    #833182 -

In reply to:
Did someone else think of it first?...


Here And Here


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: TM]
    #833266 -

I think you should try it. Dont let anyone discourge you. People have thier own routines, whether they work well or not, they usually stick with them. People need to explore. Being creative is having fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Idea! [Re: noisycricket]
    #833996 -

That's not a bad idea, really. It might be a good idea to mention that not all essential oils are good to ingest, and that before doing so one really ought to know something about the oil they're using. Citrus oils would probably be OK, as well as mints. Don't use sage, and I'm not sure I would use cinnamon either (can be irritant).

Food-grade flavorings would probably be a better idea, and you could be sure they were OK to eat.

FanaTEK


--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My Jars and cinnamon? chronic_124 1,070 4 12/30/01 08:44 PM
by Juggles
* Ideas for 'ingredient' substitutions DarK_SavioR 2,102 6 05/12/01 09:56 AM
by MAIA
* pretty good idea if i must say so myself ;) Anonymous 1,302 9 08/05/02 07:31 AM
by Shaw
* A little idea.... iiiSENiii 949 3 07/23/02 02:28 PM
by stwangetweezer
* Collecting water at bottom of tank, possible good idea? Cruciflux 541 2 06/16/03 12:49 PM
by AtomicPB
* Cheap, automated monster terrarium idea with pics
( 1 2 3 all )
Mr. Pink 15,502 58 11/20/01 01:20 PM
by Snobrdr311
* New container idea for bulk? Dragonaut 981 11 12/12/04 11:58 AM
by spliffmasta
* RebelSteve's Pot Tek Idea RebelSteve33 1,089 6 06/04/02 12:08 AM
by Anno

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,916 topic views. 12 members, 79 guests and 241 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.