Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleUv1
enthusiast

Loc: Bloom County
Post deleted by users_request
    #829226 - 08/19/02 09:41 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

Loc: great white north
Re: Boletus indoors? [Re: Uv1]
    #829241 - 08/19/02 09:57 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I have never heard of it-

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Re: Boletus indoors? [Re: shaggymane]
    #829289 - 08/19/02 10:44 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hey there,
I have a feeling that boletes are similar to amanitas, in that they need a living host plant to survive (Pine trees), so I think they are pretty damn hard to cultivate. I don't have any info beyond this though.
But I agree, boletes are great edibles, we hunted for em a lot this season, they taste so good! A bit of olive oil, bit of salt, in a hot pan till they're golden brown, *does italian 'food good' kissing thing* also great grilled in the oven

OnlineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Re: Boletus indoors? [Re: Uv1]
    #829454 - 08/20/02 03:09 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Feel free to try, and good luck! The problem is that Boletus edulis is a mycorrhizal species - that is, it requires a living higher plant to grow on. I am unaware of anybody successfully cultivating (and fruiting) any mycorrhizal mushroom. All cultivated mushrooms are saprophytic - they rot things, almost always plant remains.

If you can find a way to do it, your financial future is fairly certain to be very bright. There are many other mycorrhizal mushrooms you could grow which would be worth a fortune (truffles, anyone?).

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineaural
Hola Amigos!
Loc: The Desert In The Spring
Re: Boletus indoors? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #829470 - 08/20/02 03:34 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Truffles are being cultivated. I believe you need to innoculate the roots of whichever type of trees they are associated with.

Definitely a long term project tho',and not very suitable for indoors!

OnlineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Re: Boletus indoors? [Re: aural]
    #829601 - 08/20/02 05:34 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, I have a hazelnut growing in the back yard which is innoculated with Tuber melanosporum (none yet after 4 years).

My post was just alerting the original poster to the idea that they need to understand the ecology of the species to be cultivated before they will have a realistic chance at success. If a technique could be devised to do it, we could have true cultivation of these economically significant species, rather than cultivating innoculated trees and bushes and hoping the mushrooms will grow.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures