Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #8112657 -

unfortunately i am a sleep enthusiast also, but more power to the people that want to stay awake all the time.


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: niteowl]
    #8112679 -

niteowl said:
I don't think the human body can go very long w/out some sleep.

This drug is a temporary fix. Not a long term thing.



Yeah, I kinda get that feeling too, but how long do you think temporary is?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: the free thinker]
    #8112683 -

The topic title was HUGELY misleading, but still a very interesting read


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: the free thinker]
    #8112685 -

Yeah I didn't think it was saying a permanent fix. That's just nonsense.

You would go crazy, for one thing.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #8112732 -

Hyper_Panda_GO said:
The topic title was HUGELY misleading, but still a very interesting read



I got you in here though, didn't I?

:wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: the free thinker]
    #8112778 -

the free thinker said:
Yeah, I kinda get that feeling too, but how long do you think temporary is?



Not more than 7 days TOPS.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: niteowl]
    #8112789 -

I thought this was what meth was for :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: antiPock]
    #8112807 -

Meth is a stimulant this new drug isn't.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: niteowl]
    #8112838 -

Doesn't this just seem like the thing that seems great at first, but then has the side effect of driving all users completely insane and make them take over the planet, feeding on the flesh of the innocent?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: the free thinker]
    #8112867 -

False advertisement is the best advertisement I suppose....


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: sinenomine]
    #8112875 -

Honestly, I think it is a bad idea for the average joe to use this new drug. It was designed for people who have a hard time staying awake.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: niteowl]
    #8113011 -

niteowl said:
Meth is a stimulant this new drug isn't.



ummm I guess I fail at humor . . .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: vonhumboldt]
    #8113032 -

vonhumboldt said:
I like to sleep.



I agree its good to sleep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: niteowl]
    #8113087 -

it'd be a good thing to have for tripping and going to work after a late night and what not but i would never abuse it because i think your body would need to have real true sleep in order to survive.


--------------------
We had two bags of grass, pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shakerhalf-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. Also a quart of tequila,a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, two dozen amyls.
-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Debunked Marijuana Myths

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: niteowl]
    #8113132 -

niteowl said:
I don't think the human body can go very long w/out some sleep.

This drug is a temporary fix. Not a long term thing.



Actually I think one of the torture methods condoned by the US is prolonged sleep deprivation, since there arent any proven long term side effects from going without sleep. I think some people have been kept up for weeks, maybe even months.

"Such a product could be widely desired by the more than 70 percent of Americans who the National Sleep Foundation estimates get less than the generally recommended eight hours of sleep per night (.pdf)."

This drug will have such a high potential for abuse in the American culture. Everyone will be using it, everyone.. I think if it is approved for use it will be up there with Vicodin in popularity.


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #8113145 -

mickdawg666 said:
Everyone will be using it, everyone.. I think if it is approved for use it will be up there with Vicodin in popularity.



That's what I'm saying. If it really is effective, and does what it says, why the fuck wouldn't people use it? Think about getting all that work done, without a crash (from stimulants)? Without any of that negative shit that people ASSOCIATE with going for long periods of time without sleep? Without any of that?

It'd be a whole new ballgame. Shit, I'd be using it. Make twice as much money by working during the night. Why the hell not?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: the free thinker]
    #8113163 -

Quote:
"Such a product could be widely desired by the more than 70 percent of Americans who the National Sleep Foundation estimates get less than the generally recommended eight hours of sleep per night (.pdf)."



I think taking a pill to sleep would be better than trying to stay up all the time.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: the free thinker]
    #8113248 -

I would love to get some of that because I have a terrible problem with fatigue. I get enough sleep, yet my brain tells my body that I'm worn down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: Sheepish]
    #8113292 -

40hr work week ==> 80+hr work week... :frown:


--------------------
  Moderation is key 

  "There is no god higher than truth." 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substance Will Eliminate Need for Sleep (Article!) [Re: milkman]
    #8113313 -

quote]milkman said:
same here sleep rocks



Yes, i actually LOOK FOREWARD to sleep!

If the need for sleep were eliminated, it would change the world very quickly, in ways i cant even begin to fathom.

:confused:[


--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* orexin inhibitor hidenseek1 529 6 09/23/14 09:46 AM
by Dark_Star
* i cant sleep... wrestler_az 769 16 11/10/04 04:23 PM
by 2Experimental
* can not sleep *READ*
( 1 2 all )
Mr_Gubjet 4,131 21 04/03/04 10:31 AM
by Ravus
* Rolling Stone Pickard Article
( 1 2 3 4 all )
theocean06 50,719 78 03/03/13 08:54 AM
by Learyfan
* Sleep paralysis
( 1 2 all )
Purple_Voyage 3,108 23 05/17/03 03:55 PM
by ummikko
* Strategies to nullify your ego without substances? Silven 597 1 10/04/04 09:24 AM
by Mojo_Risin
* Sleep Walking Bi0TeK 761 9 05/21/05 04:38 PM
by Skunk420
* Do I sleep too much? MOTH 1,782 19 09/14/04 03:40 PM
by Infrared

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,192 topic views. 0 members, 15 guests and 107 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.