Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off...
    #8094656 -
Log in to view attachment

The album is produced by Dangermouse, and you can feel his hands all over it, spacey effects, killer keyboard textures backing the guitar-and-drum duo...so good. Here's a track I particularly dig right now.

Psychotic Girl


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8094673 -

Awesome I'll have to check out it, I had no idea Dangermouse produced it. Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: Rebirtha]
    #8094684 -

I like it! When did this album come out and what is it called, I'm having touble figuring this out on their website.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: Rebirtha]
    #8094687 -
Log in to view attachment

Here's the last track off the album, it's so rigoddamndiculously crispy and good.

Things Ain't What They Used To be


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: Rebirtha]
    #8094693 -

Not out yet, I don't think. Attack and Release is the name.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8094821 -

Yea I downloaded it and love it.
Rubber Factory is still their best IMO.

Dangermouse did a great job though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: Tangerines]
    #8094833 -

Yeah his hands are all over it and he does nothing to hide it...it all comes together real well. The track with the flute is great, I can't remember which it is at the moment.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8094947 -

Very preliminary impression is that it sounds kinda like the Meat Puppets.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8094964 -

Nice tunes :thumbup:


--------------------
"In the beginning, I had no name. i was a shape, a snarling shadow of the Old World which slipped into this existence" - Steven Erikson

"Our progress as a species rests squarely on the shoulders of that tenth person. The nine are satisfied with things they are told are valuable. Person 10 determines for himself what has value." - My good friend Za -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: bradmassive]
    #8094974 -

Oh shit! I didn't know it was out yet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: marshalldylan1]
    #8095119 -

Yeah it's awesome thanks for sharing.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: g00ru]
    #8095360 -

Good stuff for sure.

Definitely has a different feel to it compared to their early blusier stuff.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8095364 -

I love the black keys

I can't really say anything more than that


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #8096548 -

Hyper_Panda_GO said:
I love the black keys

I can't really say anything more than that




--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8096688 -

This is the first stuff I've downloaded from the Shroomery since I fixed my laptop yesterday.  Thanks for sharing, I've heard good things about these guys.. I'm digging it so far.  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8096733 -

The black keys are the shit, they're from my hometown in akron. I've had the pleasure of seeing them at several small venues in the area when they first started out before they got fairly popular.


--------------------


11/25/07 first time entrant ban lottery champion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: disturbed]
    #8097018 -

They're playing Rothbury this year...definitely excited for that.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8097023 -

Put it on Divshare? Pwetty Pwease?


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: jewunit]
    #8097872 -

Later tonight I shall, just for you - schnookums.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The new Black Keys album rocks my goddamn socks right off... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8099917 -

Post MOAR!:headbang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Everyone should own at least 4 Black Sabbath albums
( 1 2 all )
HandsomeDave 3,764 22 01/04/05 09:02 AM
by Phychotron
* Check Out My Record Collection! (Pic & List of Albums...) RebelSteve33 2,703 9 05/20/03 05:16 PM
by RebelSteve33
* My Socks Chiill together Phychotron 511 4 07/27/04 11:21 PM
by Adom
* favorite dead album?
( 1 2 3 all )
HELLA_TIGHT 5,539 42 11/06/04 09:10 AM
by Ripple
* the black (warning pics)
( 1 2 all )
oDin 3,522 22 11/03/04 12:03 AM
by countryboysmoker
* facsination with mid 90s grunge rock
( 1 2 all )
phishytrip 2,637 31 10/27/04 06:14 AM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Calling all Classic rock experts adamj 3,243 19 06/15/04 09:25 AM
by oreganojoe
* Abbie Hoffman album (mp3s)
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,670 22 09/27/04 08:57 PM
by Learyfan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,451 topic views. 7 members, 45 guests and 221 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.