Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
i trip to much!!!
    #802267 - 08/07/02 12:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Heres my story

For the last 3 years ive had a crushed ankle!!?? Been on all kinds of pain pills.
Got my fuckin ass into Herion, just sniffin an that shit sucks to!! NO MORE!!!!
Now, ive quit all that chem shit an now i find trippin slitely every other day or
week helps to reduce the pain pretty good just wondering if anyone may trip
that much? what that may do over time? HELP i need to go to europe to have
my ankle oppertion because the FDA will not PASS the ankle joint i need? HELP...LOU

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: i trip to much!!! [Re: bluelou]
    #802393 - 08/07/02 01:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You must be pretty burnt out, and not to mention have a very high tolerance for acid/shrooms. You might want to try and get into the habit of only tripping once or twice a month. You'll find that the trips will be more rewarding.
If you want pain relief, just smoke some weed.

Offlineinternetraver
Stranger
Re: i trip to much!!! [Re: Sheepish]
    #802660 - 08/07/02 03:46 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

First off weed does NOT help for pain, and second tripping too much will definatly fuck your head up. I used to trip (whell try to trip) every couple of days for a long time. It's been almost 2 years since the last time I tripped but it took a long, long, LONG time for the flashbacks (many times a day) to finally go away. It still happens once and a while but by now it's so weak I can controll it pretty good. The worst thing after tripping for a long time is trying to sleep. I had many, many nights that I would wake up (sober) tripping my nuts off. Believe me, when you wake up in the middle of the night tripping, you can forget about sleeping the rest of the night.
Anyway, keep tripping to an extreme moderation. once a month, or better yet, once every couple of months is the most you should do it. Hope all that rambling n' shit helps ya.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: i trip to much!!! [Re: internetraver]
    #802666 - 08/07/02 03:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Tripping on mushrooms gives you flash backs?
thats nues to me...

Offlineinternetraver
Stranger
Re: i trip to much!!! [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #802774 - 08/07/02 04:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

tripping, PERIOD, gives you flashbacks, I've tripped from many drugs before, mostly cid, which maybe caused my flashbacks, but I think tripping is tripping.

Once you get to THAT place it dosen't matter what drug brought you there (cid, shrooms), it's all the same. But honestly, I don't regret the shit I've done in my past, even though I'm all fucked up now....

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #802797 - 08/07/02 04:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Does tripping, PERIOD, give you flashbacks?
1 . Of course!
2 . No way!
3 . internetraver doesn't know his shit (counts as #2)

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 07:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Offlineinternetraver
Stranger
    #802860 - 08/07/02 05:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ha ha ha, why do you got to go and be a bitch about my experience, We're here to try and help people with questions about drugs, right. So I gave some advice with the shit that I'd been through (in my own life). If you trip alot, it will stay with you for a while PERIOD. Tripping too much does affect a person PERIOD. the shroomhermit's momma's a fat bloody bitch, Oh wait, that's just her PERIOD.

Dude, look, I'm not trying to cause a ruckus with this community, I'm here to help people out, just like U,

OfflineLeya
Mischief Maker

#802974 - 08/07/02 05:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with Sheepish, you must be VERY burnt out!! Also agree that you should maybe only use acid in moderation, go with the suggestion and only trip about once a month. It sounds like you may have a problem with dependance on substances, going from depending on one type of drug to another isn't really going to do you much good in the long run.

Speaking from personal experience, I often use weed as a way to eleviate physical pain. But like all drugs you can work up a tolerance and after awhile you need to smoke more and more to get the same effect. I know alot of people use weed in this way (to ease pain and generate some kind of temporary comfort). I guess this would be the same for most drugs you're using to eliminate any type of pain, including prescribed medication.

Although I have no experience using acid on a regular basis to the extreme of having it nearly every single day, I don't feel I'm in a position to offer any advice as to what effects it will have on your body both in the present and in the future.

My main reason of posting was more because of worry it's a little scary hearing the reasons behind why some people take drugs on a regular basis, and it always worries me to know that some people think there isn't a way around it. Although in your situation i can sympathise that you're in a great deal of pain and are doing your best to reduce this pain in whatever way you feel will help you.

Just take care of yourself and be careful, whatever solution you choose to run with!!

*hugs*

--------------------
Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.

Offlinefunwithgus
Loc: Philadelphia area
    #803617 - 08/08/02 12:42 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Tripping everyday is fine. Look at Ozzy Osbourne and Sid Barrett. Oh wait nevermind.
Definitely don't trip that often. Once a month is probably the most you should dose while once a season would be better. It doesn't even affect you after a while unless you take outrageous doses. I took 5 hits of blotter a while ago and had a very intense trip. 3 days later I took 6 hits of the same batch and hardly felt a thing except a little stimulation and mood elevation.
Does anyone know if flashbacks are a physical phenomenon or just a learned thing. I had flashbacks and nightmares after my car accident, but have never had any from drugs. I've never had a really bad trip though. Any intense experience can cause flashbacks and anxiety. I think it's called post traumatic stress disorder.
Alcohol is a pretty good pain killer, but is much harder on your body and much more addictive than pot or psychedelics.

--------------------
Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Yes, I've been eating them, for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #803704 - 08/08/02 02:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

in the 60s, there were experiments giving psychedelics to terminally ill cancer patients... (spring grove, marylandit was discovered that analgesia persisted long after the drug experience wore off (in some cases, the patients need for strong painkillers was lessened for several weeks !)
(often the patients were like: "well, yes, the pain is still there, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much... i don't need my morphine this morning, thank you.... and did you see that sunrise today, just beautiful... and my grandkids are coming to visit today... well, the pain is just information from this dying body, nothing more..." --- y'know, that sorta thing... maybe not so much "pain relief" as a long-lasting attitude adjustment...
too bad such experiments ceased with the government crackdown on psychdelics...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#803713 - 08/08/02 03:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Your poll is shite and a waste of time...
Do some research better yet go and have an experience, failing that don't bother pooping on peoples posts when all they want is help and answers...prick!

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #803914 - 08/08/02 07:00 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Flash backs can happen, but what internetraver describes is definitely not a flashback. The term "flashback" is tossed around way to much now a days, its like everyone who has tried a hallucinogen has a flashback. Flashbacks are not caused by the drug, they are caused from extreme emotional distress fueled by the drug. Like vietnam vets haven't been to war in a long time, but its so emotionally scaring that sometimes they flashback.

What internetraver describes is a mild case of temporary psyshosis. Its very common when you abuse hallucinogens. Days and even months after the last time you tripped you are still seeing patterns and morphing ojects, even ge a trippy feeling and tracers/trails. Kinda not in touch with reality very well, spaced out. This IS NOT a flashback, don't buy into the goverments drug hype. It is very uncommon for people who use hallucinogens to have flashbacks, it does happen but its extremely rare, and its not caused from just using too much, its caused because of one very bad, bad, bad freak out trip. Just like being in a war doesn't automatically gurantee flashbacks, but if you experiance extremely horrible things that have a significant emotional impact on you, then you are at risk of flashbacks.

Anyways, I'm stoned and rambling on now, I just wanted to make a point that the term "flashback" is thrown around way to loosely around here. only a very small percentage of hallucinogen users will ever experiance a true flashback, not ever other joe you meet at the shroomery like I've been seeing claimed around here.

LK,

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #804048 - 08/08/02 08:50 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

tripping, PERIOD, gives you flashbacks, I've tripped from many drugs before, mostly cid, which maybe caused my flashbacks, but I think tripping is tripping.

I think tripping period gives YOU flashbacks. I've never had one and none of my friends have.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience