Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepenguinw46
Stranger
Loc: bama
1st trip- weird experience
    #1520363 - 05/04/03 10:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, last night I tripped for the 1st time with a friend who has tripped once before. I ate 2 mushrooms, weighing about25 grams wet. The fungus kicked in about 45 minutes after I ate them and was having a strong level 2/low level 3 trip. After about 2 hours, I was laying on the couch, watching The Matrix and I slowly kinda blacked out. All I remember was lying there, eyes closed, half asleep. My mind was racing but I wasn't able to open my eyes or move. I don't know how long this lasted, but much later I woke, and felt like I was in an alternate universe or something like that. Everything felt alien and I was extremely confused. Eventually I gained control of myself and realzed everything was ok and I was still in my basement. I'm just wondering, what aused this blackout and why couldn't I move? It wasn't exactly frightening, just confusing. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJuice7
Spiritualist!!!
Re: 1st trip- weird experience [Re: penguinw46]
    #1520368 - 05/04/03 10:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Did you take anything else with it?

sounds wierd only 2 to 2.5 grams dry

do you know what strain they were?

Offlinepenguinw46
Stranger
Re: 1st trip- weird experience [Re: Juice7]
    #1520384 - 05/04/03 10:32 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Didn't take anything else. They were cubensis.

Anonymous

#1520385 - 05/04/03 10:32 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

happened to my girlfriend on her first trip. strange thing, blacking out and awakening terrified seems to be somewhat common on shrooms. you may want to search "passing out" and "blacking out" in this forum for some more info.

the explanation i've been offered is that it is just a conversion-stress thing like some seizures and other blackouts, but I don't really buy that after seeing it happen first hand... ymmv

OfflineJuice7
Spiritualist!!!
Re: 1st trip- weird experience [Re: Organic]
    #1520392 - 05/04/03 10:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

wow
I have yet to see it but looks like its a llittle more common then i thought :/

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: 1st trip- weird experience [Re: Juice7]
    #1520939 - 05/05/03 02:00 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

perhaps because your mind was used to the "blackout" period, and thought that the subconcious state was actual reality...then wehn you woke up, it felt like you were put in a new mind set

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: 1st trip- weird experience [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1521056 - 05/05/03 03:11 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

left your body.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

OfflineDrShroomAholic
DrShroomAholic

Loc: You just picked me you ju...
Re: 1st trip- weird experience [Re: thestringphish]
    #1521194 - 05/05/03 05:30 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I can only say that when peep's think they have blacked out I have found only a low % like 25% or less to be a TRUE BLACKOUT i'm not saying you did but since i have tripped on almost every thing possible i can offer you a little info and my best anser is this,,

Examples

MDMA (XTC) You should reach your peak within 15 minutes or so and about 1 to 2 hours you can have a BLACKOUT feeling but you are not it is just the intensity of the substance

So what im getting at is chances are being your 1st time and i'm going to asume you have some quality magic. And you did not vomit so i would rule out a overdose so i would say you only felt blackedout and were realy just to absorbed with the power of the magic. Or mabe you did blackout if this is the case i would not recommend any more tripping.

--------------------
Open wide and shut your eye's stick out your toung you are in for a suprise chew a cap and chew a stem empty your mouth say AMEN and sit on down and let the fun begin your about to leave reality time and time again.

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
    #1521360 - 05/05/03 09:50 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

would this trip be off of those shrooms you posted pics of from the hunting forum??

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: 1st trip- weird experience [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1521541 - 05/05/03 12:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You may have fallen asleep. I sometimes fall half asleep and decide I want to get up, but I cannot move a muscle or open my eyes. This naturally causes panic, and lasts about 5 seconds. Then I get up and am afraid to go to sleep for a couple of minutes. THis isn't when I'm tripping this is just everyday life. Your experience sounds a lot like what happens to me.

--------------------

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: 1st trip- weird experience [Re: Noviseer]
    #1521803 - 05/05/03 02:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

When you're dreaming (REM sleep) your brains "disable" all your muscles. If someone wakes up during a REM-sleep, they can have the same effect as you had.

OfflineTranceAddikt
Stranger
Re: 1st trip- weird experience [Re: Annom]
    #1522246 - 05/05/03 05:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, i had an experience that sounds to be very similar to that.
The first time i tried shrooms i probly took about 3g's, well im sitting in the garage with like 4 other people and im sitting next to my friend, well im peakin HARD and my stomach feels a lil upset, thinkin i might throw up i look to the right to tell my friends this, i try and open my mouth to talk but i cant do it, my body would not respond, my friend lookin at me waiting for me to say somethin is like come on spit it out type thing, well next thing i know my brain just kinda blacks out and i throw my head back, it only lasted to what seemed a couple seconds but i look around and throw up like i never had before. was definately the weirdest thing ive ever experienced on shroooms.

Offlinepenguinw46
Stranger
Re: 1st trip- weird experience [Re: TranceAddikt]
    #1523953 - 05/06/03 09:15 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, those were the ones I posted in the hunting forum. My friend I was tripping with said I looked like I was asleep but I kept talking to myself.

OfflineLiBerAtedCapSter
fungus fanatic
Loc: Uk
    #1524031 - 05/06/03 10:12 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

sleep-paralysis.....ive had it before when i have woken up but the only thing i could do was move my eyes...it was the scariest experince ive ever had...for about 2-3 of the longest minutes of my life!

--------------------
"tonight is the definition of the discovery of actual situations and realities that continue to go on, no matter who sees them. Everybody is blind, but i now see" ---first trip documentation...hehe :laugh:

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
Re: 1st trip- weird experience [Re: LiBerAtedCapSter]
    #1524091 - 05/06/03 11:12 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

maybe its because something internal, like a thought or idea you have thats seems really interesting catches your attention and you start to trip out on it, it puts you in a mood that you wanna "keep going for a while" but instead you start pondering and visualizing all of these other related topics, but your brain is just on that "frequency", a frequency of inner meditation, that just sort of tunes out the rest of the world around you.

For me thats what happens a lot, that in conjuntion with the feeling of merging into all of the little details around me. I have had similar experiences of blacking out that were the result of an initial "inner merging" and then just going with it, what facinated me though is the physical attribute to it. I think for some this may be a way that mushrooms leave such a lasting impression on them.

Another thing that should be noted is the visual aspect to this part of a trip. For me when i really get caught up, for one reason or another, I always have huge mosaics of visions come into my minds eye. Naturally, thoughts influence the visions.

I actually make a practice of this, i have found that this is a powefull door to expanding the outer limits of a trip and a pathway to the feelings of a limitless potential for everything around you.

And from what i have learned about my mind all my life is that i have the ability to describe things very well, mostly things in my mind, like memories or visuals for example. I find these experiences helpfull for artistic expression development and spiritual experiences as well, like that feeling of godliness i have heard so many describe.

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

Anonymous

Re: 1st trip- weird experience [Re: ODhaze]
    #1524809 - 05/06/03 04:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have that a lot...where I wake up while sleeping...but I can't move...it dosen't really bother me..I realize I'm dreaming and usually go through 2-3 "wakeups" where I think I've woken up but I'm actually still sleeping...whenever I'm still sleeping tho when I go too flick on my light it dosen't work....this is when I know I"m still asleep weird but kinda cool too

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience